Amazon.com

3.3 3,262 reviews

Amazon.com Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos

Jeff Bezos

(2,275 ratings)

Pros
  • You will learn a lot while working at Amazon that will be useful for the rest of your career(in 98 reviews)

• Density of talent: Some really smart people spoiling their careers here(in 302 reviews)

Cons
  • Company is not at all sorry to screw people's work-life balance for itself to excel(in 535 reviews)

• There is literally no work life balance inside this company(in 123 reviews)

3,262 Employee Reviews

If it fits for you, a great place to learn and build

Prosthis is a company that really sticks by its principles, especially customer obsession
    your career path is your own to determine, I've always been supported in my changes (can also be a negative, see below)
    you are building cool things that affect lots of people around the world
    NEVER A DULL MOMENT, EVER

Consmassive growth can be hard to keep up with
    not a ton of help guiding your career
    no doubt it is a rat race. constant top-grading means you need to be absolutely engaged all of the time. your personal life will suffer from the time and attention you give to your job

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

A nice experience

Picker (Former Employee) Lexington-Fayette, KY (US)

ProsThey work with your school schedule if you are a student, summer activities with family members, and it is a very nice/friendly environment to be in. Oh and the pay is wonderful, as well as the benefits (health insurance etc.).

ConsLong hours, and work can be hard on your body at times.

We work hard to be the best in customer service. Rewarding, but challenging.

Tier II Digital Specialist (Current Employee) Winchester, KY (US)

ProsNice starting pay. You can earn bonuses. They do have 401 K and stock bonuses as well. I can work from home, but not everyone gets that option.

ConsVery high expectations for customer service. If you do it right you probably will be mentally tired at the end of the day. These are not necessarily cons by any means. I could not ask for a better company to work for.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast Paced warehouse environment

Area Manager (Current Employee) Patterson, CA (US)

ProsMove anywhere in the country

ConsWork life balance.
    Small fish in a big pond

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget who pays the bills

we all don't work in Seattle

Area Manager (Current Employee) Allentown, PA (US)

Prossalary is much higher then in most companies

ConsWork life balance
    expectations are very high
    lots of politics if you want to move up

Advice to Senior Managementpractice what you preach

It's intense but I learned alot

ProsAmazon has its leadership principles. Leadership principle is not only the guide for interviews but also the guide for internal ratings of current employees. This principle demonstrates good company culture.

ConsCondensation is good according to other tech companies. Benefit is rather week. Amazon promotes frugality. Working extra hours at work is a demonstration of hard work. However I am sure for all companies, everyone will be particularly busy during launch times.

Amazon is the future

Software Development Engineer II (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsProduct breadth, opportunity to develop and learn is huge. You can work in whatever you are interested in. There is a great website. Then there are high performance/scale services which are core part of business. Then there is AWS, hardware, kindle and the list goes on.
    It's generally easy to switch teams and moving to other roles is encouraged.
    Mostly smart people around.
    Compensation is competitive and great potential of stock is a silver-lining on the top of that.
    Just loving the company and work.

ConsSometimes work could be hectic but that's ok. Some managers are political & bad but many are good. Again few teams do not do great work but just operations or maintenance so be choosy.
    Don't expect great facilities as it's very frugal company but essential benefits are comparable to other good companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementJeff Bezos is a true visionary & genius. One thing that differentiates him is he is constantly watchful. He is making the company innovate. Customers are loving it and most products are generally more successful then other companies.

Full of learnings - Good pay but you need to take your growth in your hand

Site Merchandiser (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsLearnings
    Innovation
    Excitement
    The company will give you great opportunities to own up new things especially if you are on a senior role.

ConsStructure
    Slow Growth
    The lower the leveling bar you are, it will be difficult for you to grow and make everyone happy. It is a highly opinionated company and of course at the end, opinion of the seniors matter.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance

Mostly good experience

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA (US)

ProsOwnership, high impact, fast moving, innovative, lots to choose from, not as political as other cos.

Conspay and promotion, lack of training opportunities

working experience at amazon.com

Prosvery good working culture
    pretty good opportunities to move into better roles

Conssalary
    work-life balance depends on the team and project you are working for

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of employees in the same way you take care of your customers

Worked for Amazon.com? Contribute to the Community!