Amazon.com

www.amazon.com
Employer Engaged

Seller Support Associate

I worked at Amazon.com

Pros

really good training, good salary for Bratislava related to similar position in other multinational company in Slovakia

Cons

bad shift, not very flexible... you have to go to work 30 minute before because your work-time starts when the platform on the pc is online....just 30 minute for lunch...and two pause of 15 minute in 9 hour inside the building. and you have to come back to the desk in perfect time to reactivate the platform or the metrics of the entire team will be affected -.-"

Ship dock associate cha1

Current Employee - Dock Worker in Chattanooga, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Dock Worker in Chattanooga, TN (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Lots of good people trying to do a good job

Cons

Way to many people standing around not working and it all falls on the few who do work. Management always saying do more do more Only people that ever tell someone they do a good job are leaving other managers are you don't get this done right or you are to slow.

Big managers sit in offices somewhere telling us on a radio we need to do more with less. Not going well unless we are backed up. Need to get managers in offices to come down and run it all the way they yell about it. Most never set foot on the dock

If you can handle the Pace, this is the place

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Lots of mobility within Teams,
    Some refreshing ways of doing things (examples include how you make product decisions)
    Small Teams to enable quick decision making

Cons

Pace can be overwhelming sometimes
    Benefits not always at par with other organization

Account Manager

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

It is an amazing environment working at Amazon. The team is great and friendly. There is a lot of team-work.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about this company. I would work there in a heart beat.

Amazon work culture

Former Employee - Seller Support Associate in Hyderābād (India)
    Former Employee - Seller Support Associate in Hyderābād (India)

I worked at Amazon.com

Pros

Amazon is the best play to work. There are various events which happens within the company to make sure employees are happy with their job roles. Apart from that there are always chances for employers to go in other domains within amazon with the help of internal job posting which is encouraging.

Cons

Once you join amazon, there will not be any personal life. Can't take long vacations. Sadly, have to work in peak season.

I think they can become more employee centric.

Hire and Develop the Best

Current Employee - Process Assistant
    Current Employee - Process Assistant

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Many opportunities in different fields, all over the world

Cons

Entry level associates are not developed consistently to promote.

Standardize a development program for all associates

Learning a new skill.

I have been working at Amazon.com

Pros

Meeting new associates, becoming an Ambassador, going to other states to help train associates for the opening of a new building. Peak season is the best when it comes to hrs. It becomes full time until peak season is over.

Cons

Trying to train associates who don't really care about quality. The hours are only part time, 20 hrs. a week, could be a little more or less depending on the volume.

The challenges of trying to earn Amazon Swag Bucks for the Swag Store. Benefits are really good if your a Blue Badge Associate.

You will live the company motto, "Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."

Current Employee - Custoemr Service Manager in Seattle, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Custoemr Service Manager in Seattle, WA (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

For the industry there is great pay, strong benefits package, great co-workers, & visionary leadership.

I'm given the opportunity the opportunity to take on new responsibility and grow consistently over the years. I've had the chance to travel, domestically and abroad, a dozen times.

The company gets involved in the community, not as much as I would like to see, but they are good corporate citizens to our area.

Amazon is the truest meritocracy of which I've been a part. Strong performance is rewarded, while poor performance is managed out or to a a better fitting role. There is always some favoritism in every organization, but I've seen the least amount here.

My favorite thing about Amazon is how it really follows it's mission of being the 'Earth's Most Customer-Centric Company." Like the Bible or Constitution, being 'customer-centric' can be interpreted differently by different people, but in my experience, a positive impact of customers, and then employees, is at the forefront of every decision.

Cons

(Con for some) High paced, constantly changing environment. Extremely competitive.

This is not a company where you can be good for a long time and stay where you are. You have to be GREAT, you have to innovate, and you have to challenge yourself, or you will be managed out.

Customers truly come first, but that means employees may come second. Amazon is content with adding more challenges and expectations on employees, if it improves the customer experience. This is fine for a while, but I've seen it wear down many great leaders until they fizzle out.

To be successful and drive change, it is impossible to work 40 hour work weeks. The management group especially has to be incredibly flexible with their schedules, and often work 50 or 60+ hour work weeks. Sr. Leadership speaks against this and says we have to have more work-life balance, but then they delegate more and more work down. I'm doing work that wasn't even performed by my manager's level 2 years ago. In addition to this extra workload, we shy away from hiring junior leaders, so there are fewer capable leaders to carry the operational workload. - This said, I'm a workaholic that appreciates the grind, but it burns others out.

We pride ourselves on growth and launching new things before they are fully prepared so we can learn and continue to iterate new, better installments; however, in my years of experience, the next, new shiny thing comes along for us to launch half-corked and take our resources and time before we fix the base of our previous launch. This creates a campus of poorly constructed projects that take more time to repair than design correctly the first time.

Last, we cherish frugality, and working with a lack of resources does breed innovation, but we never have the developer or business analyst support necessary to drive performance and change. I've scoped projects that will save us ~a million dollars annually, but they are sidelined because 'we don't have dev support available.' Hire the additional $120K a year dev to repair the $1M problem and reap the benefits.

Not that bad!

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Fernley, NV (US)
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Fernley, NV (US)

I worked at Amazon.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Pay is great considering you can get hired with no warehouse experience. They hire a lot of people right out of college and ex-military. Lots of opportunity to learn other jobs.

Cons

Advancement is limited unless you have a bachelor's degree (great place for college graduates). Most jobs are numbers driven.

Better training needed. Understanding why a task needs to be done a certain way would improve work quality. Many employees cut corners (cheat) in order to make their numbers.

Operations Manager

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Coffeyville, KS (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Coffeyville, KS (US)

I have been working at Amazon.com full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great Opportunity for advancement anywhere in the company

Cons

work life balance is not always even