Amdocs

Amdocs Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014

Amdocs President, CEO, and Director Eli Gelman

Eli Gelman

Pros:
  • "Good work life balance (if you are in Product Business Group)"
    in 43 reviews
  • "Work culture is very good, learn technical stuff"
    in 57 reviews
Cons:
  • "work life balance; employees are encouraged to work many extra hours and weekends"
    in 91 reviews
  • "Management seems proud that there is no work life balance"
    in 22 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

This is a great company if you are self motivated

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThere are plenty of pros. The compensation and benefits are some of the best in the business. There are numerous tools you can use to gain knowledge and increase you skills set.

ConsThe company is always pushing faster development cycles. There is a culture of work longer and smarter. If you don't push back you get trampled by the work load.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry hiring some managers from the locale of the work. I understand that the company is Israeli but you have to give the employees some hope that they have a chance to advance.

Bureaucracy Gone Mad

Services (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThe company is very strong financially so therefore able to weather downturns and inject cash when needed.

ConsLittle career growth for those who would like to remain technical.
Highly bureaucratic so getting anything achieved has to pass through many layers of management.
Little empowerment with any decision having to pass through those above you.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmpower and trust people to make decisions and therefore work in an agile manner
Listen to what staff have to say. Some are experts in their field and their opinions are credible.

Software Engineer

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time for more than 5 years

ProsWork in one of offices in US. It is relatively stable recently due to the small size of the office.

ConsDue to the small size of the office, we don't have enough people and it is hard to complete the whole project by this office.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more investment to the office, such as hiring more engineers. Do more interesting projects here.

SME - Review

Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee)

I worked at Amdocs full-time for more than a year

ProsGood care of employees.
Good management.

ConsNo work on latest technologies.
Career growth is stagnant.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to make changes to the product with time.

Amdocs is a good place to work at.

Software Developer (Current Employee)
Raanana (Israel)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time

ProsExposure to a wide spectrum of hard technical problems with interesting technology which solves them. Also the team is good and committed.

ConsOne should really stand out of the crowd in order to be promoted and promotions are usually rare.

Striving for Delivery of Transformation Projects

Senior Solution Architect (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBig Transformation Projects are Delivered providing value to the customers. This ensures a win win for both Amdocs and Customers

ConsMany times the project are over committed and it affects the life balance. Lack of recognition of pure technical positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on the execution of the company goals however do not sacrifice the human factor for the bottom line.

Very nice company to settle down

Amdocs Infra (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFrequent Site, Good Hikes, Good Bonus, Very Professional Managments, Great work env, Very flexible, Very cooperative, care about employees.

ConsTechnical growth not very much.
Mainly working on wold technologies ( depends on project though)

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice needed. They are doing perfect job.
If they increase their CTC standard pay, less people will leave the company. But this is true everywhere :)

Company is well organized and methodical. The size of the company enables it to provide certain benefits to employees.

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Hod HaSharon (Israel)

I worked at Amdocs full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou get to work with leading international clients on high-volume transactions

ConsBig company, and so you have very little influence on its direction

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better training programs to new employees

Bad Managers

Group Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAmdocs is good company as this is world leader in telcom billing. Working here, if lucky and get good exposure then it's a learning for you and specially if you are capable to make yourself free from the 95% garbage work (no learning/monotonous repetitive work not giving any broad picture) which happens to be a lot here.

Onsite opportunities with conditions:- it depends on ur luck to get the onsite opportuniy some get in 1 year some don't get in 10 years even following dedicatedly.

Cons1. very bad management.
2. very poor indian style planning. the management includes weekends in their plan in all projects.
3. Even though you will propose managers that I would work 3 hours extra per day, 5 Days please make my weeked free. they simply reject as due to poor indian management brain.
They are very greedy and always want more, doesn't matter how much you give them. As a result resource in project goes 1 hrs in lunch .5 hrs in Tea, 1 hours in pantry and 10 minutes walk from the 12 hr they report too. That's mandatory as anyway even you seriously work and give more in weekdays they are going to ask you to work in weekends without a single penny extra.
4. mangers don't have to work excpet chasing and calling employees day night.
5. very poor apprisal system. technically strong and weak people get same salary hike as a result every year technically strong people leave.
6. lot of buttering and favorism.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only problem is ass hole managers. The managers in India are not worth their posts. They like buttering and persons who just says yes yes and does nothing. They are moron and smotionally fool. As a result technically strong people who are responsible for the project success eaither get the same salary than a non effective team mates or get even some time lesser. I think they don't know the meaning and importance of the appraisal. I want to ask Insraelee management please fire some managers from India, specially from top.

Reduced workforce, increased hours

Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Amdocs full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are no pros that I can think of.

ConsAT&T turned over our jobs to Amdocs. After the first year, layoffs began. Every few months, there were more layoffs. In order to get everything done, mandatory overtime was imposed. Later, mandatory overtime was increased. Finally, a certain benefit promised to all newly acquired Amdocs employees was completely taken away. It was a very difficult time for all of us involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't believe management would listen to any advice whatsoever.

Worked for Amdocs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amdocs reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Amdocs CEO Eli Gelman. All 684 reviews are posted anonymously by Amdocs employees.