Amdocs

Amdocs Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Amdocs President, CEO, and Director Eli Gelman

Eli Gelman

Pros:
  • "Good work life balance (if you are in Product Business Group)"
    in 43 reviews
  • "Work culture is very good, learn technical stuff"
    in 57 reviews
Cons:
  • "work life balance; employees are encouraged to work many extra hours and weekends"
    in 91 reviews
  • "Management seems proud that there is no work life balance"
    in 22 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Tremendous learning and experience, overcoming internal challenges is very frustrating at times.

Solution Architect (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFantastic experience, learning opportunities. I have always been challenged and had opportunity to expand my knowledge and skills. Company is well run from a financial perspective. Very stable. Multi-cultural, international company which gives you an opportunity to work with a wide range of people with varied backgrounds.

ConsBenefits have been scaled back, force you to cover some costs that in other companies are paid for like part of home office internet and home office phone expenses. Conservative travel policies can make travel much harder than it needs to be. Plenty of bureaucracy to work through if you are doing anything outside the norm.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest more in the people, make it easier to innovate and improve current practices.

Striving for Delivery of Transformation Projects

Senior Solution Architect (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time for more than 8 years

ProsBig Transformation Projects are Delivered providing value to the customers. This ensures a win win for both Amdocs and Customers

ConsMany times the project are over committed and it affects the life balance. Lack of recognition of pure technical positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the focus on the execution of the company goals however do not sacrifice the human factor for the bottom line.

Very nice company to settle down

Amdocs Infra (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFrequent Site, Good Hikes, Good Bonus, Very Professional Managments, Great work env, Very flexible, Very cooperative, care about employees.

ConsTechnical growth not very much.
Mainly working on wold technologies ( depends on project though)

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice needed. They are doing perfect job.
If they increase their CTC standard pay, less people will leave the company. But this is true everywhere :)

Company is well organized and methodical. The size of the company enables it to provide certain benefits to employees.

Account Manager (Former Employee)
Hod HaSharon (Israel)

I worked at Amdocs full-time for more than 3 years

ProsYou get to work with leading international clients on high-volume transactions

ConsBig company, and so you have very little influence on its direction

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide better training programs to new employees

Bad Managers

Group Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAmdocs is good company as this is world leader in telcom billing. Working here, if lucky and get good exposure then it's a learning for you and specially if you are capable to make yourself free from the 95% garbage work (no learning/monotonous repetitive work not giving any broad picture) which happens to be a lot here.

Onsite opportunities with conditions:- it depends on ur luck to get the onsite opportuniy some get in 1 year some don't get in 10 years even following dedicatedly.

Cons1. very bad management.
2. very poor indian style planning. the management includes weekends in their plan in all projects.
3. Even though you will propose managers that I would work 3 hours extra per day, 5 Days please make my weeked free. they simply reject as due to poor indian management brain.
They are very greedy and always want more, doesn't matter how much you give them. As a result resource in project goes 1 hrs in lunch .5 hrs in Tea, 1 hours in pantry and 10 minutes walk from the 12 hr they report too. That's mandatory as anyway even you seriously work and give more in weekdays they are going to ask you to work in weekends without a single penny extra.
4. mangers don't have to work excpet chasing and calling employees day night.
5. very poor apprisal system. technically strong and weak people get same salary hike as a result every year technically strong people leave.
6. lot of buttering and favorism.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only problem is ass hole managers. The managers in India are not worth their posts. They like buttering and persons who just says yes yes and does nothing. They are moron and smotionally fool. As a result technically strong people who are responsible for the project success eaither get the same salary than a non effective team mates or get even some time lesser. I think they don't know the meaning and importance of the appraisal. I want to ask Insraelee management please fire some managers from India, specially from top.

Reduced workforce, increased hours

Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO (US)

I worked at Amdocs full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are no pros that I can think of.

ConsAT&T turned over our jobs to Amdocs. After the first year, layoffs began. Every few months, there were more layoffs. In order to get everything done, mandatory overtime was imposed. Later, mandatory overtime was increased. Finally, a certain benefit promised to all newly acquired Amdocs employees was completely taken away. It was a very difficult time for all of us involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't believe management would listen to any advice whatsoever.

Possibly the worst employer on earth

Senior Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Amdocs full-time for more than 5 years

ProsBenefits are competitive. There are no other advantages to working at Amdocs. Unless you are a masochist, then opportunity abounds.

ConsIn 40 years I have never worked for a person less qualified to be a manager as my last Amdocs manager. On the rare occasion that he actually showed up to work, he was completely incompetent and showed no people skills out of 5 managers I'm 7 years, I had one good manager. If you are not Israeli, or willing to work for a fraction of what the market dictates, you will not be promoted. Management seems proud that there is no work life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementBlow it up and return the money to shareholders.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Avoid Like the Plague

Senior Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee)
London, England (UK)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time for more than 5 years

ProsI honestly cant think of any

ConsCompany has a hard working culture just don't expect overtime or standby payments for all your hard work. The yearly bonus is derisory and apparently arbitrarily allotted.
You won't get any thanks, or training, or career progression or indeed any interest in your well being; work/life balance is non existent.
Management style is, stereotypically, about what you'd expect for an Israeli company and largely involves being shouted at.
Staff scuttlebutt has is that you need to be Jewish to get on at Amdocs; sadly this really does appear to be true.
You'll be working on an outdated, proprietary software stack so even if you can convince someone to teach it too you (harder than it sounds), then it's absolutely no use anywhere but Amdocs.
Based on previous examples redundancy is going to be statutory minimum so it's not worth waiting for that either.
I'd have rated them lower than 1 if this site allowed.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps try treating the goy as human beings?

Good company. Work life balance is an issue

Group Leader (Current Employee)

ProsWork environmentnis good.
Food is very good
No dress code
Free breakfast and evening snacks are provided
Good transport facility

ConsWork life balance is an issue for experienced developers.
Work on Amdocs Product, which are good, but not on latest technologies
Estimations are not provided properly, specially duration
Quality is affected due to this

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only concern is work life balance, which needs to be improved by providing correct estimations and duration.

SME, Developer, SW Engineer

Software Developer/Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Amdocs full-time for more than 8 years

ProsOpportunities to relocate, the compensation package is not too bad. Developing large scale SW products for top telecom providers.

ConsVery stiff and bureaucratic vertical structure of management, the waterfall methodology. The "Focal points"\Group Leaders structure in teams instead of scrum. Old development technologies and low level of skills in average.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe change of the managing strategy toward implementing agile and scrum methodologies will increase an overall efficiency of teams and will reduce the unnecessary "overmanagment". More focus on real employee's skills is required.

Worked for Amdocs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Amdocs reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Amdocs CEO Eli Gelman. All 690 reviews are posted anonymously by Amdocs employees.