Amdocs

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.3 1,008 reviews

Amdocs President, CEO, and Director Eli Gelman

Eli Gelman

Pros
  • Work-life balance can easily be maintained in a company like Amdocs(in 63 reviews)

• The work culture here is awesome, I never felt any type of pressure(in 94 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance; employees are encouraged to work many extra hours and weekends(in 137 reviews)

• Management seems proud that there is no work life balance(in 37 reviews)

1,008 Employee Reviews

Big company with great opportunities

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

ProsGlobal Market leader and industry provides many opportunites for growth and leadership, stable company with great legacy. The company has very rooted methodology and procedures and high values in getting programs and missions done.

ConsExtreme tough environment managed almost like army work life balance is very low and diverates between organization. Move slow into new areas and dimensions of the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more risk in going to new markets and growth

Good company to work at

ProsGood company for starting career also provides good environment

Conssalaries are issue just like other companies though

A stable place to work at.

Consulting Manager (Current Employee) Raanana (Israel)

ProsBig Company with many opportunities.
    Standing up front the technology of charging.
    A stable place in which you can find people working for more than 10-15 years.

ConsThe benefits for the employees are in a downgrade path. Each year you find out something else was removed or now you have to pay for. In some areas people are still working really hard, and getting less and less recognition

Advice to Senior ManagementIn many cases you find out the wrong person was promoted over you, or simply the wrong person was promoted to be a manager, although it is not for the good of the group/line/company. Still - too much politics involved, and lack of understanding about your abilities to grow in the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Truly Employee caring Employer

SME (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsThe work culture here is awesome, I never felt any type of pressure. Employees are well taken care of. Food is amazing. There is no discrimination at any level, do reach to anybody if you need

ConsOne does not get good and logical work always, I am satisfied with the work but this is a general opinion.
    I don't have good experience with HR department, very slow and sluggish in employee referral policies.

Worse company i have worked for

SSME (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Prosonsite on the cost of technical expertise

Consbad bad management, worst culture, worst managers, worst HR, politics everywhere, lack of knowledgeable people, no learning, zero technical expertise, good performance is never appreciated, low salaries, worse industry hikes, buttering is the only criteria for anything good that will happen to you.

Advice to Senior Managementremove old managers who gives no good input, take high salary and do politics.
    follow policies and not politics.

Horrible, worst period of my life

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you want the company to hire you and forget you exist

ConsBenefits does not worth working for, management with ego, sucks life out of you

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in employees then invest more

Good company - work-life balance varies based on location

Development Group Leader (Former Employee)

ProsAmdocs is a big product company. So if you are at right location you
    - may get good technical work to work on
    - market competitive salary
    - depending on project/location - work culture varies. Generally good.
    - domain knowledge is valuable if you get to work on full portfolio for telecom solutions

Cons- bad work culture if you are on a production support site
    - may not get much technical knowledge
    - company will try to extract most out of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance is most important aspect

Good place to work in

Senior Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGood opportunities to work on various technologies and gain exposure. Flexible timings, enough work to keep us busy the whole day. Good travel opportunities in some teams.

ConsLong work hours most of the time. employee benefits reduced recently. Initial team placement not as per the experience. Lots of work available only in shifts.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease consider keeping employee benefits comparable to the recent past.

Good policies but no challenging work

Senior Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsThe company has very fun filled environment. Good policies. no work pressure, Onsite travel opportunities, relocation chances etc.

Consvery similar type of work you will be continuing for years and years. No challenging work. You will loose your technical skills. Lot of work. You need to sit late if required, You need to show responsibility very fast.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement need to avoid Politics.

It is good company for those who want there life settle down.....

ProsGreat inhouse facilities like free breakfast, subzudized meals, free snacks and many more things to enjoy........ Good place to work culture is good.

ConsIncompetetive work. work is not matched according to the role. Internal Job posting sucks

Advice to Senior ManagementWork Match with the qualification. Deputation is a issue

Worked for Amdocs? Contribute to the Community!