Amdocs

Updated Jul 29, 2014

3.3 1,015 reviews

Amdocs President, CEO, and Director Eli Gelman

Eli Gelman

Pros
  • Work-life balance can easily be maintained in a company like Amdocs (in 66 reviews)

• The work culture here is awesome, I never felt any type of pressure (in 97 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance; employees are encouraged to work many extra hours and weekends (in 137 reviews)

• Management seems proud that there is no work life balance (in 37 reviews)

More Highlights
1,015 Employee Reviews

No planning. Feeling like working on as fireman

Testing Group Leader (Current Employee) Santiago (Chile)

ProsGood salary, many opportunities to show yourself in several areas. Multicultural working environment.

Conscompensation, overtime hours, no additional benfits. Bad work life balance. No telecommute option.

Legacy tools, get out to see how startups do it.

Senior Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) Pune (India)

Pros- Travels, one every quarter. (but benefits were cut due to misuse)
    - Free snacks
    - Very less internal competition
    - Fixed duration for promotion
    - See the world.
    - Resources like free Safari Books account, Free training's etc etc.

Cons- Very old technology
    - Need Buttering for good hike
    - Very few technical challenges
    - Old thinking
    - India Office have many facilities cut down.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some intelligent guys from startup and let them show how new tools can make life easier.
    Look at keeping really deterministic guys on board.
    Arrange meetups and hackthons for the community.
    Be part of opensource community.
    Give some long term travels instead of several short term. Not everybody deserves a travel.

I have 3 yeras of experience in datawarehouse team

Senior Subject Matter Expert (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsFor Start up as a Fresher Amdocs is good company

ConsManagement is not good which will put unnecessary pressure on you.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease take care of your resources and those are the ones who are adding value to your business

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

SSME (Former Employee)

ProsEmployee care is very good
    Transparent Environment
    Good Pay

ConsBenefits are not upto the mark.

Big company with great opportunities

Senior Vice President (Current Employee) Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

ProsGlobal Market leader and industry provides many opportunites for growth and leadership, stable company with great legacy. The company has very rooted methodology and procedures and high values in getting programs and missions done.

ConsExtreme tough environment managed almost like army work life balance is very low and diverates between organization. Move slow into new areas and dimensions of the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more risk in going to new markets and growth

Good company to work at

ProsGood company for starting career also provides good environment

Conssalaries are issue just like other companies though

A stable place to work at.

Consulting Manager (Current Employee) Raanana (Israel)

ProsBig Company with many opportunities.
    Standing up front the technology of charging.
    A stable place in which you can find people working for more than 10-15 years.

ConsThe benefits for the employees are in a downgrade path. Each year you find out something else was removed or now you have to pay for. In some areas people are still working really hard, and getting less and less recognition

Advice to Senior ManagementIn many cases you find out the wrong person was promoted over you, or simply the wrong person was promoted to be a manager, although it is not for the good of the group/line/company. Still - too much politics involved, and lack of understanding about your abilities to grow in the company.

Truly Employee caring Employer

SME (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsThe work culture here is awesome, I never felt any type of pressure. Employees are well taken care of. Food is amazing. There is no discrimination at any level, do reach to anybody if you need

ConsOne does not get good and logical work always, I am satisfied with the work but this is a general opinion.
    I don't have good experience with HR department, very slow and sluggish in employee referral policies.

Worse company i have worked for

SSME (Current Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Prosonsite on the cost of technical expertise

Consbad bad management, worst culture, worst managers, worst HR, politics everywhere, lack of knowledgeable people, no learning, zero technical expertise, good performance is never appreciated, low salaries, worse industry hikes, buttering is the only criteria for anything good that will happen to you.

Advice to Senior Managementremove old managers who gives no good input, take high salary and do politics.
    follow policies and not politics.

Horrible, worst period of my life

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you want the company to hire you and forget you exist

ConsBenefits does not worth working for, management with ego, sucks life out of you

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in employees then invest more

Worked for Amdocs? Contribute to the Community!