AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

AmerisourceBergen President & CEO Steven Collis

Steven Collis

Pros
  • Attractive enviornment; good benefits; tools provided to be successful in job (in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits - you accrue 20 days of PTO per year in your first year (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance and pay is average for the market place (in 7 reviews)

• It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

An absolute amazing work environment where you can learn very much! Only going up from where they are now.

Accounting Intern (Former Employee) Chesterbrook, PA (US)

ProsEmployees are great and with the huge Walgreens contract there is a lot of opportunity here!

ConsI was new to the SAP software so it took me a little while to get comfortable.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management is fantastic! Communicates with all levels of employees all throughout the country so everyone knows what is going on around them.

It is a job!

ProsThis company pays the best for this type of work in this area.

ConsYou will have to be buddy-buddy with mgmt. to move up.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the employees work stand for itself as opposed to people who you hang out with outside of work.

Great location and great people

ProsLove the location in suburban Frisco, love the gym located in the office park, love the healthcare benefits and PTO is generous. Like the people I work with.

ConsDepending on your business unit; but mine in particular is very client driven, as opposed to following our processes and systems. It is non-stop, urgent demands from clients.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Plenty of Opportunities to Suceed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsABC is a large corporation with many resources for development and advancement. You can succeed but you have to work extra hard to be recognized for your efforts - that's the pitfall of working in a large organization. Benefits are excellent.

ConsNo work life balance and pay is average for the market place. The focus is 1st in profit, 2nd on customer and 3rd on employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in IT systems that will enhance the employee and customer experience

Great atmosphere and company that gives you the ability to help make a difference in people lives

Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsOffice culture, benefits, and line of work.

ConsCan't assist everyone, only patients who have qualified chronic illnesses.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider discussing growth opportunities within the company or staffing agencies.

Review of Amerisource

Warehouse Associate II (Current Employee) Bethlehem, PA (US)

Prosovertime is a great benefit. Helps support the family

Constime off policies. Need to be more clear.

Advice to Senior Managementnone at this moment.

Great place to learn the Healthcare Reimbursement business.

Team Coordinator (Current Employee) San Bruno, CA (US)

ProsThey are willing to train you.

ConsThere's not alot of room for growth. After you reach the level of a Program Manager, you become stagnant. Growth is not guaranteed by consistency.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease yearly promotions of staff.

Employees not valued and overworked

Prosthe pros are that I have a job and a paycheck

ConsExtremely negative environment, no positive feedback, no celebrations, barely any socialization or team spirit. Unprofessional behavior is accepted and even rewarded at times. Managers avoid responsibility of supporting their direct reports. It's every man for themselves type of atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire the number of employees to support the business, this may help with the current low morale.

If you want a job that pays little and works you all hours without notice this is your company. Dont be single w/kids

Warehouse Associate II (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO (US)

ProsThe health care packages if your single with no kids

ConsToo many hours
    Not enough employees
    Change your hours of employment at will. Started at 7-3:30, then 6-2:30, then 5-1:30. but never ever just work 8 hrs. a light day is 10 hrs. mostly 12-14 hrs. Now the force mandatory weekends.
    They fire you based on another employee word.
    Basically no way to advance. They pride themselves on running "lean"
    Incentive pay makes everyone selfish and disrespectful
    All these 3 stars seem to be corporate, office or management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring not enough people then fire them for basically no reason. Offer better raises. pay them more. 12.26 for what we had to do is not enough. also how could i work just one day and make more than someone who has been there 5+ years? Your shipping and receiving teams keeps this company #1 pay them accordingly. Also 3% pay raises are nothing. Get rid of incentive pay which makes everyone sloppy and careless, which creates a unorganized and messy warehouse with poor inventory accountability, and give your warehouse employees at least a 3 dollar raise.

Growing company, but not my paycheck!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chesterbrook, PA (US)

ProsWell lit parking. The office space is adequate; not indicative of a Fortune 30 company but still adequate. The cleaning crew does a great job keeping the place clean. Benefits are OK, but not the best that money can buy. You can tell that our benefits were picked amongst the low hanging fruit.

ConsEverything is a one-way conversation. They talk to you, not with you. Every single time that the company creates a mess and has to clean it up, they come up with a communication strategy that is a one way feed. They are so desperate to sell you on the message that covers up their incompetence that they've left no room for any type of discussion.

Only friends of friends are acknowledged and rewarded. I just saved the company millions of dollars in litigation costs but I won't even be slapped on the back for doing that. However, if I was part of the click, I would be recognized during the annual ABC Vision and Values Awards. That's how things run at AmerisourceBergen.

The company is growing but not growing our paychecks. We are severely underpaid. If you are on salary, you are basically working for free. Between the travel time and the hours that you have to waste in mindless meetings, you put in time equivalent to three employees.

We are so underpaid that the majority of our employees have to work three hours to be able to afford the copay that they must pay when seeing their primary care physician. They would have to work nine hours to also afford the copay for most prescriptions covered under our drug plan benefit.

The money that the company makes is returned to WallStreet because the powers that be receive millions in stock options. So they must do anything and everything to ensure that shares value is increased.

Even our 401K contributions are a joke. The company claims that it matches up to 5% of your contributions but the formula that they use to calculate that match pretty much gives you roughly $300 a year in company matching contributions. The company provides some rather selective and questionable investment options for employee 401K plans that pretty much ensure that you invest in the company's stock no matter what.

That's the reality of AmerisourceBergen.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice because management does not care about listening and cares even less about employees.

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!