AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

AmerisourceBergen President & CEO Steven Collis

Steven Collis

Pros
  • Attractive enviornment; good benefits; tools provided to be successful in job (in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits - you accrue 20 days of PTO per year in your first year (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance and pay is average for the market place (in 7 reviews)

• It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

My experience as a Customer Care Manager at AmerisourceBergen

Customer Care Manager (Former Employee)

ProsAttractive enviornment; good benefits; tools provided to be successful in job. The company is doing very well financially. Senior Management consist of forward thinkers making the companies future prosperous.

ConsNon-competitive pay; no career track; good old boy system.

It is very difficult to get promoted across business units. The problem with that is there is no career path within any of the business units so in essence, the likeihood of a person not tied into the good old boy system is slim to none.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop career paths and promote people from within. Benmark salaries annually. Increase average salary increase percentage for meets and above associates to at least keep par with inflation. Offer bonus at all level of management.

A company with many great people

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are their greatest asset

ConsVery difficult political environment to navigate for new employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove Work-Life Balance; employees are overworked.

Case Manager RN

Telehealth Case Manager RN (Current Employee)

ProsWorking from home is a plus, bonuses, weekends off

ConsSenior managers and clinical senior managers are overworked; several programs at a time which makes it difficult for them to adequately manage any program.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Patient Case Coodinator Review

Patient Case Coordinator (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsServes as great professional experience.

ConsFast paced, focus is not you but the patients. This is regardless to weather conditions also. There is also a lack of consideration of employees being with their family during the holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more organized and considerate of the individuals that are constantly taking care of the patients and what they need.

Overall great place to work!

Tech Analyst (Current Employee) Dothan, AL (US)

ProsThe pay is competitive and there is a friendly atmosphere. The expectations are clearly made available and your career progress is carefully tracked.

ConsThe vertical growth is limited in some areas. In some divisions people are hired for who they know not what they know.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to look at the the best fit for a particular job and not who know somebody.

Good benefits, and that's about it.

ProsGood health benefits, paid vacation, and 401K.

ConsPoor leadership, poor organization. Too many executives uptop that you can't even keep track of who they are or how they even contribute to the company. No bonuses for the people that actually do the work and no respect for hard working employees.

Was a great Company back then

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Pelham, AL (US)

ProsLoved all my co-workers from warehouse to customer service. Great benefits, great team

ConsCorporate only cares about how fast and how much money they can make. Closed all the customer service centers except one and hired all new people that do not know what they are doing Customers dropping like flies due to inept CCRs. Wont be long before customer service goes overseas like the other major companies. Corporate knew that this was coming yet still hired new CCRs to fill the gap while they also hired new people to take over our jobs.

Customer Service

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company is financially stable in an unstable economy.

ConsCompensation is not competitive with the market. Employees are underpaid; annual increases are nominal even for superior rated employees. The "Good Old Boy" network is alive and well. Most employment is job vs. career oriented; little to no room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize excellence and reward it. Create career paths for your employes to ensure talent retention.

Stressful environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSuccessful company with growth opportunity for certain positions. Can be long hours. Good benefits. Expectations of being connected 24/7 with technology.

ConsStressful environment, many unhappy associates, lack of communication and training. Growth opportunities are decided before they are even posted. Creates an environment of distrust and cynicism.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open and less secretive. Work on recognition and appreciation for the hard work they receive.

Summer internship

Strategic Planning (Current Employee) Chesterbrook, PA (US)

ProsThe people who work there were great, I had a lot of responsibilities and the work I did actually made a difference within my division

ConsIf you are looking for full time after having an internship there, you will be waiting until very close to when you can start working upon graduation. They hire just in time so do not hire much more than 2 months out of a start date.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to determine jobs that could be created from the work done by interns and potentially offer them jobs at the end of the summer if you feel like they did good work.

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!