AmerisourceBergen

Updated 2 September 2014
2.9

AmerisourceBergen President & CEO Steven Collis
Steven Collis

Pros
  • Attractive enviornment; good benefits; tools provided to be successful in job (in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits - you accrue 20 days of PTO per year in your first year (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance and pay is average for the market place (in 7 reviews)

• It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Growing company, but not my paycheck!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chesterbrook, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesterbrook, PA (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Well lit parking. The office space is adequate; not indicative of a Fortune 30 company but still adequate. The cleaning crew does a great job keeping the place clean. Benefits are OK, but not the best that money can buy. You can tell that our benefits were picked amongst the low hanging fruit.

Cons

Everything is a one-way conversation. They talk to you, not with you. Every single time that the company creates a mess and has to clean it up, they come up with a communication strategy that is a one way feed. They are so desperate to sell you on the message that covers up their incompetence that they've left no room for any type of discussion.

Only friends of friends are acknowledged and rewarded. I just saved the company millions of dollars in litigation costs but I won't even be slapped on the back for doing that. However, if I was part of the click, I would be recognized during the annual ABC Vision and Values Awards. That's how things run at AmerisourceBergen.

The company is growing but not growing our paychecks. We are severely underpaid. If you are on salary, you are basically working for free. Between the travel time and the hours that you have to waste in mindless meetings, you put in time equivalent to three employees.

We are so underpaid that the majority of our employees have to work three hours to be able to afford the copay that they must pay when seeing their primary care physician. They would have to work nine hours to also afford the copay for most prescriptions covered under our drug plan benefit.

The money that the company makes is returned to WallStreet because the powers that be receive millions in stock options. So they must do anything and everything to ensure that shares value is increased.

Even our 401K contributions are a joke. The company claims that it matches up to 5% of your contributions but the formula that they use to calculate that match pretty much gives you roughly $300 a year in company matching contributions. The company provides some rather selective and questionable investment options for employee 401K plans that pretty much ensure that you invest in the company's stock no matter what.

That's the reality of AmerisourceBergen.

No advice because management does not care about listening and cares even less about employees.

Great place to learn the Healthcare Reimbursement business.

Current Employee - Team Coordinator  in  San Bruno, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Team Coordinator in San Bruno, CA (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They are willing to train you.

Cons

There's not alot of room for growth. After you reach the level of a Program Manager, you become stagnant. Growth is not guaranteed by consistency.

Increase yearly promotions of staff.

My experience as a Customer Care Manager at AmerisourceBergen

Former Employee - Customer Care Manager
    Former Employee - Customer Care Manager

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Attractive enviornment; good benefits; tools provided to be successful in job. The company is doing very well financially. Senior Management consist of forward thinkers making the companies future prosperous.

Cons

Non-competitive pay; no career track; good old boy system.

It is very difficult to get promoted across business units. The problem with that is there is no career path within any of the business units so in essence, the likeihood of a person not tied into the good old boy system is slim to none.

Develop career paths and promote people from within. Benmark salaries annually. Increase average salary increase percentage for meets and above associates to at least keep par with inflation. Offer bonus at all level of management.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company with many great people

I worked at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

The people are their greatest asset

Cons

Very difficult political environment to navigate for new employees.

Improve Work-Life Balance; employees are overworked.

Case Manager RN

Current Employee - Telehealth Case Manager RN
    Current Employee - Telehealth Case Manager RN

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working from home is a plus, bonuses, weekends off

Cons

Senior managers and clinical senior managers are overworked; several programs at a time which makes it difficult for them to adequately manage any program.

Patient Case Coodinator Review

Current Employee - Patient Case Coordinator  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Patient Case Coordinator in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for less than a year

Pros

Serves as great professional experience.

Cons

Fast paced, focus is not you but the patients. This is regardless to weather conditions also. There is also a lack of consideration of employees being with their family during the holidays.

Be more organized and considerate of the individuals that are constantly taking care of the patients and what they need.

Good benefits, and that's about it.

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good health benefits, paid vacation, and 401K.

Cons

Poor leadership, poor organization. Too many executives uptop that you can't even keep track of who they are or how they even contribute to the company. No bonuses for the people that actually do the work and no respect for hard working employees.

Overall great place to work!

Current Employee - Tech Analyst  in  Dothan, AL (US)
    Current Employee - Tech Analyst in Dothan, AL (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The pay is competitive and there is a friendly atmosphere. The expectations are clearly made available and your career progress is carefully tracked.

Cons

The vertical growth is limited in some areas. In some divisions people are hired for who they know not what they know.

Try to look at the the best fit for a particular job and not who know somebody.

Customer Service

I worked at AmerisourceBergen for more than 10 years

Pros

The company is financially stable in an unstable economy.

Cons

Compensation is not competitive with the market. Employees are underpaid; annual increases are nominal even for superior rated employees. The "Good Old Boy" network is alive and well. Most employment is job vs. career oriented; little to no room for advancement.

Recognize excellence and reward it. Create career paths for your employes to ensure talent retention.

Worse call center ever

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator  in  East Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in East Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I worked at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

OK place to start if u r new in town

Cons

U have 101 micro managers. They really don't care about their employees. U r just a number n a behind in a seat.

Grow a heart n have compassion for great employees such as myself

AmerisourceBergen Photos

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!