AmerisourceBergen

www.amerisourcebergen.com
Employer Engaged

Steady job but the overtime is killing us!

Current Employee - Stocking Associate in Lockbourne, OH (US)
    Current Employee - Stocking Associate in Lockbourne, OH (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen full-time

Pros

incentive pay, good insurance

Cons

Way too much overtime, we need help but no advertising or job fairs to get people in the door. Pay needs to be better for how hard we work.

Hire more people!

Pretty good, worked there for 3 yrs.

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Roanoke, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Roanoke, TX (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lenient on hours if part time. It is incentives based so you're able able to have somewhat of a say so in how much you get paid

Cons

The cons would be that full time doesn't have a specific stop time. You leave when the work is done. Other than
     That things are pretty great

Great intern experince

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

Learned a lot about how to work in a corporate environment

Cons

Lack of training for new skills

Intern

Current Intern - Intern in Chesterbrook, PA (US)
    Current Intern - Intern in Chesterbrook, PA (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Visible upper management. Very agreeable culture

Cons

Poor office design and facilities.

Stay Away From the NRC!

Former Employee - Buyer in Eden Prairie, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Buyer in Eden Prairie, MN (US)

I worked at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

Good work life balance, guaranteed to be done at 4pm everyday and not have to take your work home with you. Also, 20 days off in first year. If you are a yes man, this is the place for you!

Cons

There are absolutely no career advancement opportunities unless it is a in role promotion i.e buyer 1, 2 and if you are promoted, it is kept on the low down. The culture and technology is embarrassing to the point that EVERY report is still printed and you will have to sacrifice your first born to have anything emailed or done via the internet. If you want to further your career or learn anything besides being told what to do, please look elsewhere.

There is no HR, no view to the company outside of the NRC except what your director decides to tell you. Which in most cases, is nothing. No exit interviews and no chance of raising any concerns past the VP.

My experience was coming from a detailed, organized company to an entirely different set of standards.

Current Employee - Anonymous in Valley Forge, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Valley Forge, PA (US)

I have been working at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

I liked it that the supervisors didnt micromanage and there were some genuinely unique and friendly, funny people there.

Cons

There was little, if any direction from Ditrectors, Project managers. It seemed like there was a lot of infancy in this company and anyone coming in expecting a world class business technique or model may find there is a lot lacking,.

Be organized in creating a model of expectations while creating projects. Take time to get to know the strengths of the people who are working for you. Don't engage in sophomoric talk during meetings and act less like you are in high school. I actually witnessed Directors who asked peers within a group how other members of the group were working out and then used those conversations as a way to determine what was being accomplished by the employee, like I said very "High School' behaviors in place and they need to end that practice.

Dumb People, Low Wages

I worked at AmerisourceBergen

Pros

Plenty of jobs to go around.

Cons

Culture, culture, culture. The culture is not one of "excellence", but more along the lines of "well, somebody's gotta do this job", which aligns perfectly to the company's business model. C-level employees are not in touch with their workers. Fortune 25 company does not have a cafeteria for employees, or work-out facilities. Very low-margin attitude that matches its low-margin business model. Zero enthusiasm or passion. Leadership and imagination is lacking at President and VP levels.

Change HQ office to Center City, Philadelphia, instead of the ghetto of Conshohocken. Increase pay to at least the industry-average. Recruit smarter people at lower levels.

As a supervisor expect to work 60-75 hrs per week an be two feet in the operation. Great company with a lot of up side.

Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Suwanee, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Suwanee, GA (US)

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company values there associates and does a lot to engage the diverse cultures they have within the building. Plan on getting feed at least 3 times a month. You learn to wear lots of hats.

Cons

The systems fails often whether on the corporate level or internal level. Having said that expect to work 15-18 hr days on the regular. Family and quality of life suffers the most!

The bonus program is good for both hourly and salary associates. Personal growth is limited due to being too involved the the day to day operation.

Overall, a good company to work for.

Former Employee - Inventory Supervisor in Bethlehem, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Inventory Supervisor in Bethlehem, PA (US)

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

An established company with growth

Cons

Sometimes long hours and starting salary could have been better

Good benefits, good diversity, leadership sometimes did not share all information

Customer Care Representative

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Mansfield, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Mansfield, MA (US)

I worked at AmerisourceBergen full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I'm not sure if it was my specific location or if it was company wide, but it is hard to find any pros to working here. If I had to pick one positive, it would be the occasional give aways they had in the warehouse. Aside from that, not much else can be said.

Cons

The pay was subpar. The overall morale was the worst I have ever experienced in any environment. Supervisors were never helpful and never had your best interest. Some supervisors did school work in their office, while the rest of us worked hard to get the job done. Some employees got away with being on personal calls all day while others had to pick up their slack by taking 100+ calls a day.

If you spoke up about anything mistreatment or wrongdoing, you were accused of causing a hostile environment and creating tension in the workplace.

Start appreciating the great employees you have! This includes compensating them properly, making them feel as though they are part of a great team and rewarding those who go above and beyond. Most importantly, you need to LISTEN to what employees are saying.