AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

AmerisourceBergen President & CEO Steven Collis

Steven Collis

Pros
  • Attractive enviornment; good benefits; tools provided to be successful in job (in 19 reviews)

• Great benefits - you accrue 20 days of PTO per year in your first year (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance and pay is average for the market place (in 7 reviews)

• It seems that upper management is truly out of touch with the need of their independent business (in 8 reviews)

More Highlights

Honestly the Best Company I've Worked For

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

Pros- Incredible company mission & customer impact
    - Strong leadership team driving the company in a solid direction
    - Great teams to work with who show commitment to the organization & customers
    - Enjoyable work atmosphere with competitive compensation & benefits
    - Opportunities to pursue multiple satisfying career paths

Cons- Difficult to communicate well within such a large organization

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep striving to be a best-in-class workplace, and working diligently to attract and develop strong talent to achieve our goals. I'm very proud to work for ABC and will continually rave to internal and external customers about what a great company we are!

Horrible...worked 6-7 days a week

blister packaging operator (Former Employee) Groveport, OH (US)

ProsHealth insurance, benefits....that is all I can say good about the company

ConsStarted at 12.00 and 3 years later was only making 13.30 and I was a blister packaging operator...they paid new people more...also they are very chauvanistic and show a lot of favoritism...management was horrible...upper management only spoke to certain people

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Short and not sweet

Senior Customer Liaison (Former Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsI had a great boss who knew what she was going and didnt micromanage. The peers were good, and I was able to work from home so had a lot of flexibility

ConsSenior Management had no idea what they were doing. The company sold its customers to a competitor and sold out all of its employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great work / life balance

Manager (Current Employee) Buffalo Grove, IL (US)

Prosopportunity to improve knowledge and career path

Consstagnant in product development and double standards

Advice to Senior ManagementLISTEN

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Burlington, MA (US)

ProsInteresting work, nice people, helping to advance understanding of oncology, client offerings are insightful

ConsLong hours sometimes, limited mobility within the company, cross-collaboration among teams

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training for employees

Good company when you are nearing retirement

Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC (US)

ProsGreat IT Infrastructure team to work with, great team members. A great place to work if you are up for retirement soon, flexible schedules.

ConsNo scope for advancement, no innovation, employees are never heard by management, too much micromanagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementLesser Micro management, Hear your employees more, they are you lifeline!

case picker

Case Picker (Current Employee) Roanoke, TX (US)

Prosgood people good pay good benefits.

Consnot enough help feels like letting more people go rather than hiring.

Advice to Senior Managementhelp train more people

Could be more efficient

Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) Roanoke, TX (US)

ProsGood pay and benefits
    Always room to learn something new
    Lots of room for growth
    Great time off policy

ConsLots of favoritism
    Very understaffed
    Very long hours because of being understaffed
    Very unorganized at times
    IT staff could use support also

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a better IT staff.
    Make a better effort to hire more people.
    I understand you want to decrease the wage expense but people quit because of the long hours.

Very disappointed is saying it nicely.

Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) Roanoke, TX (US)

ProsGood pay and benefits. There are some tenured employees there that do show a commitment to helping others and the company.

ConsToo many hours worked. Not enough skilled employees. If in management, you work on your days off at home with a company provided laptop. Not a team environment. Key positions don't require a degree, which in turn place unskilled and untrained individuals in those key positions. Turnaround is very high.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain your employees better. Be more involved with your employees. Walk around the facility and get to know your employees to help with their concerns and issues.

Strong company and great presence in marketplace.

Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsNice environment with co-workers. Company experienced tremendous growth which allowed insight to industry and operations. If opportunities are taken, you can learn a lot about the industry from various perspectives.

ConsManagement tends to panic and look for scapegoat when things go wrong. Some of their long term employees are the biggest problems yet remain on staff. Pay was lagging behind others in industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not view every situation superficially, dig deeper. When taking on new projects or making agreements with customers that require innovation, think the situation through and ensure there is an understanding as to what needs to be done to accomplish the goal. They are too quick to jump without understanding the true challenge.

Worked for AmerisourceBergen? Contribute to the Community!