Aon

Aon Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Aon President, CEO, and Director Greg Case

Greg Case

Pros
  • Work life balance is unheard of unless you are a Senior Broker or in the Energy Group(in 23 reviews)

• Good work environment and good growing opportunities(in 18 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for advancement(in 5 reviews)

• Do the right thing always but sometimes work life balance can be a challenge(in 5 reviews)

A good place for work/life balance

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsClean and good working environment

ConsNot many opportunities for growth

Overall, generally not a positive experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood training opportunities as the company really encourages professional development and supports charity/volunteer days

Conssalary reviews would be promised but would not come to fruition. There was also inconsistencies with remuneration within the team and we were always expected to do more with less resources to try and further cut costs

Advice to Senior Managementemployees need recognition for their hard work from time to time so they need to invest more in employees as an asset

Long hours and low compensation

Proseasy to move around within the organization

Conslong hours but the pays are not so good

Advice to Senior Managementpay more

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Aon- are your employees your biggest asset?

Account Broker (Former Employee) Sydney

ProsI was lucky to end up with a great team that was very supportive, although there were many teams I would have dreaded to work in.
    Aon does provide great training, including online training as well as paying for external courses. I am also impressed with their support of charity organisations.

ConsExpected to work long hours and required to do work greater than my job description without receiving fair pay.
    I was also aware of new employees with less experience who were receiving higher salaries than me and others with more experience. Management also seemed unreasonable when attempting to negotiate a payrise, continuing to promise that it will be looked into in 3 mths or 6 mths, before being told the same thing when that period ended.
    There's only so long a company can propose that their employees are their greatest asset, until those employees will want to see something more than promises.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf employees are important, they really need to be paid more! Keep up with the industry to ensure that you are paying in-line with the Market rates and it's important to ensure that new employees are not getting paid more than your existing, loyal employees.
    Also, if an employee comes to ask about a pay rise, don't make empty promises!!

Great company

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Miami, FL (US)

ProsLots of growth opportunities. Fair salary. Comfortable work environment.

ConsSave on thing that shouldn't be saving on, but waste money on crazy things...

Advice to Senior ManagementGet coworkers more involved with each other.

Great place to work at

Case Manager (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsDiverse colleagues and friendly work environment.

Consreactive rather than proactive at times

Advice to Senior ManagementBe proactive, anticipate needs, plan ahead. Understand impacts of decisions.

Aon is a good company to work for

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsA lot of flexibility at Aon to move around and seek new opportunities. Relatively flat structure, friendly people

ConsSenior management not always communicating clearly the plans

Great Company culture, wonderful coworkers.

Analyst (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsVery clear professional development path. All coworkers and boss are very helpful.
    Compensations are very generous

ConsNational wide management style is a little bit tough for employees in different locations.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou guys are not bad...

It's a good company to work with.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsWork environment is flexible. Performance reviews are fair. They provide excellent soft skills trainings. Work-life balance.

ConsLess opportunity to learn new technologies.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease arrange more technical trainings

Ok place. Too many changes and management is inconsistant

Account Specialist I (Current Employee) Lincolnshire, IL (US)

ProsThe ability to obtain continuing education classes to maintain license

ConsNo collective employee appreciattion activities. Do not make sure that opportunities are available for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake the employees feel more appreciated and respected. Understand that you will receive more motivated, productive actvity when the employees are less stressed and enjoy the environment.

Worked for Aon? Contribute to the Community!