Apple

3.9 3,508 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,850 ratings)

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy(in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers(in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours(in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors(in 133 reviews)

3,508 Employee Reviews

Innovative.

ProsGreat Team. Hourly Wage is pretty good.

ConsManagers would be better if they're homegrown.

Apple = People First.

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsPeople focused, innovative, exciting and cutting edge. Company values and culture are exactly what you would expect from Apple Computer. Great pay and wonderful benefits.

ConsExtremely fast paced, and still retail at the end of the day. You will have goals to meet, most of your day will be spent on your feet, hours can be long and tiring. Shake ups in leadership, more recently, have resulted in a dip in company culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide clearer direction and a more focused outline for employee career pathing and personal growth. Communicate openly.

Awesome job

Applecare At Home Advisor (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsExcellent pay, benefits, discounts and best coworkers ever!! Best company I've ever worked for period.

ConsMore management hired from outside then from within which don't really know the process or products to support there teams

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into growing management from within

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great.

Expert (Current Employee) Deer Park, IL (US)

ProsIt is a high performance work environment that is consistently challenging and rewarding.

ConsNone that come to mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Fast paced environment with great coworkers & crappy management - most of the time.

Apple Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) Miami, FL (US)

Pros• Great Benefits
    • Get to work with some of the greatest minds in the industry
    • Work with purpose
    • Unveil new technology and educate customers on how it can improve their lives

Cons• Upper management is close minded
    • Employees are under valued
    • Company is one sided when reporting misconduct from Management (sides with management)
    • Doesn't matter how long you've worked there; everyone's expendable
    • Long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your employees more and listen to them more. Happy employees = happy customers. And stop hiring the rejects from Gateway, BestBuy & CompUSA; those business' clearly didn't work out for very long. Don't infect yourselves with inferiority.

Apple

Mac Genius (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGreat company and people, they value their employees as people, very rare.

Conslow pay for roles outside of sales. this is my only compliant.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

iTunes

ITunes (Current Employee)

ProsWork from home, great benefits, good pay

ConsShift bids, no room for advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great

Best retailer to work for

Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsApple provides fantastic benefits for retail employees. Although you're getting retail pay, you'll get good perks. I had some of the best managers of my life in Apple Retail.

ConsHard to move up or move into a corporate role. Many people in retail corporate started in the store, but only a few make it to the top. Also, a few managers who were unprofessional and hard to work for...but that will happen anywhere.

Good Place To Work

Creative (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA (US)

ProsGood ideas are welcome e and well received. Creativity always promoted

ConsBenefits could be better. Some projects are promoted/ favored more than others

Pretty good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe best reason to work for apple is the people you actually get to work with on a day to day routine.

ConsDealing with angry customers is extremely difficult to deal with at times especially during the holiday times. Other than that it's fun to work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementHandle business better rather than pushing it off on the workers underneath you.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!