Apple

3.9 3,485 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,834 ratings)

Pros
  • Great benefits with above average pay scales for most departments(in 207 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers(in 195 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours(in 190 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors(in 133 reviews)

3,485 Employee Reviews

Great place to work which attracts smart, intelligent people but politics are everywhere.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA (US)

ProsWorking at Apple is a great experience as it is one of the iconic companies of this era. It is a very cool place to work with many of the perks that Silicon Valley is known for. People are friendly and helpful and there is a real passion for the kind of products that makes Apple what it is today.

ConsWork life balance is non-existent and there is something of a clash between the old Apple and the new. With such explosive growth comes a whole bunch of issues that make things more challenging than they should be. It is a very political environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn my experience Senior Management does not support their teams as they should.

Became just another retail job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsDiscounts on products and partners products & services
    Core group of peers became friends
    Believed in the brand/ company

Cons2008 saw a culture shift. From nerds and geeks to bro's and kids. Was no longer the retail job that felt like a career path, it became just another retail job. Top talent moved on or was pushed out the door.

Advice to Senior ManagementIndividual managers at each store make or break the experience. The overall quality of managers has decreased, attracting less qualified workers and shifting the brands culture from the niche it was to the mass market one it is today.

Great starter job!

Apple Retail Specialist (Current Employee) Madison, WI (US)

ProsGreat Benefits and Flexible Scheduling

ConsRetail environment is fast paced and stressful with little work-life balance, schedules can be all over the place and seldom weekends off.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Red Zone Specialist (Former Employee) Wellington, FL (US)

Pros- Great Work Culture, Chill environment, Stores are very clean and nice to work in, Selling products that I use and love
    - Great Pay (Starting was $13.55 an hour in FL)
    - Great Benefits (6% 401k match, amazing product discounts, health insurance was top of the line)
    - Great job for straight out of college/younger people
    - Many opportunities to train in a different job
    - 95% of the employees are great people, amazing backgrounds
    - Never felt like I was micromanaged
    - Lots of breaks

Cons- Employees are allowed way too much creative license (sometimes can be wacky/unprofessional with customers and do not get in trouble for it)
    - Getting a promotion to another position/or full time work is definitely possible, but extremely time consuming, mostly based on how long you have been there, not necessarily how good you are at your job, many people worked there 2-3 years just to get full time for a basic specialist position
    - Part time hours not nearly enough to live off of unless you are 30 or under, unless you can live very cheap
    - Managers are hit and miss, some were the greatest in retail, some were dull and had a BestBuy type mentality
    - Flawed NPS system (This is how you are evaluated)
    - A handful of employees are "cultish", and believe that no other company can offer a better job/if you leave apple you are nuts/etc
    - About 5% of employees were very lazy/never do there job, management would never say anything, since these people knew they could not get fired

Advice to Senior ManagementBe harder about disciplining employees who are disrupting work flow of others/or not doing any supportive work, way too much "hands off" approach from managers regarding that.

wonderful

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Glandorf, OH (US)

Prosgreat benifits and competative pay

Conspoor location nothing and just a good company

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of the emplyeys better

Amazing company to work for!

Manager (Former Employee) Westlake, OH (US)

ProsCulture is fun and laid back. Pay is great! Very talented and creative co-workers

ConsNo career advancement, no work/life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed career paths for Managers! Need a better work schedule for Moms and Dads

Awesome at home Job

Tier I CPU (Current Employee)

ProsI go to work in my pjs. The benefits are awesome. Great structure to learn new skills and advance. If you work hard you can go far.

ConsSometimes it is hard working from home. No co workers to take breaks with. Less room for growth unless near major apple center.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more open discussion with employees.

Work with the best people and best technology.

Creative (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsI work with the most talented individuals. There is always something new to learn. Good benefits. Good for a part time job.

ConsRetail hours, managers are impossible to work with, little to no growth in the retail store. Can get burnt out if you work full time, repetitive.

Advice to Senior Managementfix the compensation levels to veteran employees who are paid less or the same as new hires. Stop micromanaging!

Great expierence, but had to move on

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGood Pay, Great co-workers, fun atmosphere

Conscan get mundane
    management isnt always the best

Advice to Senior ManagementJust go all out for your people.

Excellent place to work

At Home Adviser (Current Employee) Dallas, TX (US)

ProsWork from the comfort of your own home. You're treated fairly and given many opportunities for working your way up the ladder within the corporation.

ConsThe schedules change every six months and if you need to have a consistent schedule because of children it can sometimes be very difficult to keep adapting to your new schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall management was great. Within a corporation there are some things that you just can't get away from such as sometimes feeling like you are talking to a robot. The answers can be almost read verbatim from the corporate rulebook. But overall you're treated so fairly that it is not that much of a negative.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!