Apple

3.9 3,497 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,842 ratings)

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy(in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers(in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours(in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors(in 133 reviews)

3,497 Employee Reviews

Great inclusive culture in a great learning enviroment

Apple Retail Specialist (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsLearn a lot about about Apple company and the technology industry w/ good pay.

ConsMust work extremely hard for advancement, not excluding leader shopping.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp develop all employees equal not just favorites.

I had the pleasure of working with some of the most talented people in the retail computer business.

Apple Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) Victor, NY (US)

ProsMy co-workers made the job worthwhile.

ConsConstant crush of customers -- this store is always busy.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't micromange, there is already enough pressure to get the work done. Managers also need to assist more and never throw employees under the bus, just for the pleasure of the nasty customers.

Great place to work.

Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGreat atmosphere and great people.

Conswork-life balance can be difficult.

Advice to Senior Managementmore interaction with staff needed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Specialist

ProsApple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy.

ConsNot enough room for development.

Apple

Expert (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ (US)

ProsGood people. Really honest company.

ConsLots of buzz words that management throws out but doesn't act on sometimes but its not terrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt seems like the last two years people stopped moving up from within the company.

Great Place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly environment
    Open minded atmosphere
    Personal Growth
    Good Compensation

ConsFast past work environment
    Less hours if your part time
    Performance sometime based on customer feelings
    Learning other Job roles

Specialist

Specialist (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH (US)

ProsExcellent people, culture, and pay

ConsNot too many opportunities to grow within or beyond the store.

Awesome company

Service and Support Administrative (Current Employee) Austin, TX (US)

ProsBenefits are amazing and there are lots of opportunity to move around or up. On site buildings are amazing but there is also an opportunity to work from home!

ConsAttendance policy is very strict. Pay scale could co inside with cost of living or increases and bonuses could be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose on Christmas Day!!!! Give cost of living increases.

Exhilarating and rewarding to work for an organization that focus's on the employees and the customers needs.

Apple Retail Specialist (Former Employee) Paramus, NJ (US)

ProsTeam environment. Everyone, no matter what level helps out with customers. Management is very employee friendly.

ConsSometimes, not often, short of staff. This puts pressure on the rest of the employees to multitask. Very difficult when the store is crowded with customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep producing the best products in the world and keep focusing on developing the staff that you have.

Specialist

Apple Family Room Specialist (Former Employee) Santa Monica, CA (US)

Pros-Very flexible with shifts. You can work days off and days on (as long as you can switch with someone).
    - It's a very laid back job, as long as you do your job, there really isn't anything to worry about.

Cons-You have to be on top of your sales, especially on selling Apple Care and taking care of business sales.
    -Dealing with a few customers daily, but that's given when working anywhere in retail.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work looking after the new one's. Without the help from management, advancing up the chain wouldn't be easy.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!