Apple

3.9 3,506 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,848 ratings)

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy(in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers(in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours(in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors(in 133 reviews)

3,506 Employee Reviews

Jobs that provide you with a sense of purpose.

Marketing (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsYou have the ability to create your own success and will get support if you do it the right way.

ConsSome managers have been in the business too long and have lost touch with the competitive environment. However, there are managers who are inspiring leaders.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your team stays current, look at ways to encourage a different perspective.

Great place, but not a career for everyone

Back of House Specialist (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsThe leadership team is always willing to offer support in developing your skills. Development is self driven, so you get out what you put in. It's not a career for everyone, as opportunities to advance are limited.

The culture and team are amazing.

ConsThe pay isn't the best. I could get paid more for my skill set elsewhere. You will often deal with bad customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot really in the manager's control, but better pay would be a start. The amount to crap staff have to deal with is often ridiculous.

Great vision, terrific team, poor middle management and execution

Apple Retail Specialist (Former Employee) Castle Hill

ProsIf Apple does anything amazingly, it hires well. I can't speak for Corporate but the retail team are amazing. I doubt you'll ever work in a more engaged, creative, unique team again

ConsYour experience is dictated by how good management are. They often hire management externally, generally from other retailers, who then bring their bad practices to the company. There is NO proper career path and top talent often have to lead to experience the growth they deserve

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within more often. Create a scheme to encourage career growth and not put a ceiling on your top talent. Practice what you preach when it comes to company motto and values

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This was a life changing experience that has made me a better leader adn person

Store Manager (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsGreat team, great products and I felt as though I was making a difference to the lives of customers and team

ConsA small change in leadership can destroy the culture. There needs to be a better connection with the managers and leaders of the stores and to ensure that politics is removed. Even having managed a store which was a great honour when I left people only thought I was a store manager. Difficult to explain the magnitude of the role

Advice to Senior ManagementDont let the over political and overly career ambitious people rule the business

Working for Apple

Technical Support Agent (Current Employee) Melbourne

Pros- It's amazing.
    - Great culture
    - Learnt heaps

Cons- It's so amazing, to go up it's a lot of competition.

Advice to Senior Management- Just employ more internally, than externally. They may have more years of experiences but they haven't practiced the Apple Culture for years.

Training and development culture is unbeatable

Expert (Former Employee) Bondi

Pros- Unequalled T&D
    - Supportive atmosphere
    - No commissions means you feel there is less pressure to succeed, but conversely you have more desire to do so

Cons- No commissions
    - Very american happy go lucky culture
    - Promises of their internal culture are difficult for them to sustain

Advice to Senior ManagementStop with the "It's not about the numbers" gas. It is, and it's fine if you admit it.

i work in an apple store as a specialist and i love it

Red Zone Specialist (Current Employee) Melbourne

Prospositive, relaxed, fun, fast paced amazing work place!

Consi cant think of any.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep doing what you're doing!

Love my store and the challenges I must face everyday.

Genius (Current Employee) Sydney

ProsThe Team. 1. You will work with some of the smartest, sassiest young kids out there, with amazing communication skills. A truly diverse group. 2. Management is always available and supportive. 3. Excellent environment where teamwork is truly valued. There is no such thing as "dumb question"

And working at Apple, although very busy, is really fun.

The job itself is very challenging, yet rewarding. Every day we encounter so many customers (or "restore relationships," as we say at Apple) with different personalities and needs. There is just so much to learn and absorb at such an accelerated pace.

Apple is also a very fair employer who really values everyone there.

ConsIf you are not ready to work diligently and expediently, collaborating as a part of a large team, don't bother!

Advice to Senior ManagementMore shadowing time or being shadowed by senior staff would be really beneficial. More feedback is always good!

Right people in the right place

Specialist (Current Employee) Sydney

Pros- Fantastic discounts on Apple products and occasionally 3rd party accessories
    -Work with wonderful and creative people
    -New product launches are exciting and fun days
    -Holiday celebrations internally

Cons-Cut hours if working too much over time
    -Pay is ok if you didn't negotiate when first hired
    -Higher management making unrealistic expectations

Advice to Senior ManagementI challenge higher management to experience a specialist role for a day before making big decision that will affect the floor. Stop hiring people external and hire the people who work hard for the company internally.

A rewarding company with great support and amazing product

ProsThe pros - Culture, support and product

ConsCareer progression can be a little hazy

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!