Apple

3.9 3,533 reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook

Tim Cook

(1,871 ratings)

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights
3,533 Employee Reviews

Apple Retail - Not bad, compared to others.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melbourne

Pros• Product discounts.
    • Working with selected - brilliant people.
    • Good retail environment compared other companies.

Cons• Retail.
    • Company culture is not working very well at retail.
    • Retail.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are hand-selected brilliant people that are devoted to Apple and Apple products. You need to take feedbacks seriously to keep everyone happy in the store - to be the best store in the world.

Great place to work

Apple At Home Advisor (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsGreat benefits, super even! Management is always looking for ways to help you to improve and that works for you in the long run.

ConsI've been there 2 years and I dont see any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what your doing!

Apple Was My Job, Not My Life.

Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsFor a retail position, compensation and benefits were solid. Lots of good training and many opportunities for temporary assignments around the company. Apple goes out of their way to seek out talented individuals who are interesting, engaging and usually fun to work with. Products speak for themselves.

ConsWork/Life balance can be terrible. Even for a retail specialist, leadership constantly asked people to come in early/stay late, work days off, etc, especially around product launches. Our leadership team was increasingly difficult to satisfy - their drive for results was bordering on maniacal, which took a lot of the Apple magic away from our store and ultimately burned out a lot of their top talent.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Challenging, Demanding but rewarding.

Senior Hardware Engineer (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA (US)

ProsThe level of talent is high. Very few B players. Lot of experience around. Good for a engineer with 5-8 years of experience to come and learn new things.
    Pace is incredible, everything is critical. Nothing stays fixed for too long. Forced to adapt into a "problem-solving" mentality.
    My boss is most likely smarter than I will ever be. I have never felt that way.
    I am yet to have my appraisal, but they do cash bonuses, which I have never had before.
    Pay seems to be above industry averages.

ConsIntense. Intense.
    My boss is smarter than me.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay me more.

Great place to work at!

Software QA Engineer (Former Employee) Cupertino, CA (US)

ProsGreat place to work out. Apple Inc offers a fair work environment and everyone works cohesively.

ConsThe pay is good up until you need to move up the ladder. There isn't much of a pay raise.

Senior Advisor at Apple

Senior Advisor (Former Employee) Elk Grove, CA (US)

ProsGreat pay discounts and benefits, great culture, great opportunities for advancement.

ConsThe main con is the work-life balance and the schedules everyone gets. Apple is heading in a direction I don't like when it comes to employee work-life balance. Also, your success at Apple depends heavily on if you have a good or bad manager in your corner.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember your people are just that, people, who have lives and limitations, and not machines who crunch numbers. Put the focus on them first, then the customer, and you will see great results.

Great benefits, limited promotions.

Business Specialist (Current Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsThe benefits at Apple are fantastic, and the pay is decent for the positions.

ConsMost of the "promotions" given are just lateral moves with different job titles. There is not really much opportunity for promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementBenefits and vacation benefits are excellent. The managers at the company continue to hire in their friends from their previous jobs instead of promoting the talent from within.

Stable company with solid business model and innovations

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA (US)

ProsWork Life Balance
    Pay (assume you get good RSU package)
    Salads - $4
    No BS interview questions, more applied
    Very Hands on

ConsA lot of politics
    Not diverse enough, especially in IS&T
    Hard to move up if you don't have connections
    Too many crappy consultants that is given work because of former connections with apple badged employees

Advice to Senior Management30 bad consultants cannot substitute one good engineer

Hoping to spend the rest of my career at Apple!

Red Zone Specialist (Current Employee) Valencia, CA (US)

ProsApple is a company that thrives on smiles. This makes for an extremely encouraging environment in which employees support each other and the customers love being in the Apple store.
    Long story short, the staff is like a big family encouraging each other to succeed and thrive.

ConsIf you don't like smiling, enjoying your job, and being given the tools and encouragement to succeed, this isn't the job for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up with what you're doing because Apple has crossed every T and dotted every i.

Apple has a positive work environment, brilliant people, and amazing team support.

ProsThe corporate culture is amazing, the level of support and connection you develop internally is beyond amazing. I currently have an amazing manager who listens to me and helped me through my growth and career development at Apple.

Conssome external managers who have been here for less than a year, don't fit the apple culture, and sue old work practices and practice them at Apple.

Training for external hires , specially leadership, have to go through a rigorous type of training for a minimum 1.5 month to be fit for the fast paced growing culture. ! they should all learn the difference between Positive Intent and Fearless Feedback - Act and Treat Employees accordingly, based on their actions and behaviors, not solely based on manager's observation - because that is not a standard of work practice or business ethics.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior leaders who are hired externally should be going through an extensive training model that is different from those that are promoted internally.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!