Apple Reviews

3,789 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
2,060 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 238 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 204 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 233 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 143 reviews)

More Highlights

Great student job (At-Home Advisor)

Former Employee - At-Home Advisor  in  Eugene, OR (US)
    Former Employee - At-Home Advisor in Eugene, OR (US)

I worked at Apple part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay. Work around your class schedule. Work from home. Managers are supportive. Lot of mentorship and development by both direct supervisors and continuous training. They often send gifts boost moral and create a sense of team.

Cons

Nothing really bad to say. The job itself can suck at times. Customers can be really demanding and rude. BUT, once you get into your routine, the few bad calls you get are easy to deal with.

Hardware engineering is truely hard here.

Current Employee - Acoustic Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Acoustic Engineer in Cupertino, CA (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with a lot of experienced and excellent engineers. Feeling proud and competent. A lot of equipments and state of art labs to use.

Cons

Limited team work. Everyone works on his own...mainly because of secerecy policy. No internal documents, so have to ask a lot, and have to know who to ask.

Well...management crisis maybe? just like any other big company. Nobody can make dicision like Steve Jobs anymore, so you know how that is.

Working on great products makes up for lackluster employee benefits

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA (US)

I worked at Apple as an intern for less than a year

Pros

When you're working at Apple, you believe that you are working on some of the greatest products possible. And those around you feel the same way. Apple's constant claims about attention to detail and pursuit of perfection aren't just PR - there's a drive within each employees to not cut corners and to obsess over pixel amounts.

Cons

The heavy compartmentalization of teams makes you feel disconnected from the rest of the company. And software engineers aren't allowed to work on any code outside of Apple, which makes you feel restricted.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fantastic company, tough job.

Former Employee - Apple At Home Advisor  in  Salt Lake City, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I worked at Apple part-time for less than a year

Pros

Apple is a great company, and it was awesome to see how much they care about the customer.
    Relatively flexible hours.
    Employees were treated with respect.
    Company perks.
    Team oriented - even working from home I didn't feel alone.
    The training was great, but a little shorter than I would have liked.

Cons

Any customer service job is hard. Some of the people you help will be very rude, which makes the job less desirable at times. Be prepared to be yelled at sometimes.

Innovate

Great People, unforgiving Polices

Former Employee - Expert  in  Santa Monica, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Expert in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

The support of the Management and trainers is out standing, the people you work with are top notch.

Cons

Their attendance policy is very unforgiving, if you are more than a minute or two late to clock in you get a point that stays on your record for a year. Get 3 of those in a year and you can no longer transfer to opening at other stores (which I was planning on to solve some traffic issues that was making it hard to be to work on time). Get another point beyond that 3rd and you are fired.

Give some flexibility to the employees on attendance, being late 4 times in a year isn't worth firing someone over, especially if they are someone that top sales, customer service, and mentor in the store.

A terrific company with change happening daily. Leaders constantly challenged to know their business in detail.

Former Employee - Manager  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing people all working to achieve extraordinarily high standards of work. Personalities are often larger than life with razor sharp business acumen and commitment to doing great things.

Cons

Organization often allows senior leaders with personality challenges to run their organizations with little regard for junior managers. Accountability at senior levels is paramount, but less senior managers should not be victimized by character deficiencies at the top.

Keep up the great work.

A passionate company filled with top talent.

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA (US)

I have been working at Apple as an intern for less than a year

Pros

1. Small and diverse team.
    2. Awesome manager. The kind of person you would enjoy having a beer with after work. Also paid a lot of attention to needs of developers.
    3. Very informal culture (flexible hours, wear what you want, can be open and casual with management).
    4. Good gyms and great cafeteria. Free dinners too.
    5. Cool factor and get to deploy code to millions of people even as an intern.

Cons

1. The work can get challenging!
    2. I am not sure if the company continues to remain the leader in innovation.
    3. Could have more perks like free lunches.

Apple is growing quickly now, more than ever. Please try and maintain the unique culture at Apple. I love the startup feel! Don't turn into IBM!

Tough but rewarding

Current Employee - Engineering Manager  in  Cupertino, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Cupertino, CA (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

High compensation for a star player
    Coolest products
    Strong job security for a high caliber engineer

Cons

Extremely long hour
    Slave driving culture

It was cool for a while

I worked at Apple

Pros

Apple gives you a good support system. I worked at the retail level, and it was leaps and bounds cooler than most retail jobs you'll find.

Cons

The culture is more like a cult-ure...the place is a cult. If you are a level-headed human being, you may lose your sh*t working with some of these folks.

Keep it real, don't drink the "kool aid"

I have loved working here the past 8 yrs.

Current Employee - Finance  in  Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Finance in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Ability to move around in the company to different roles, can dress casual, lots of employee perks.

Cons

I have no complaints about working at Apple. I have enjoyed working here the past 8 yrs.

I feel management has done a great job of providing opportunities for career advancement and I have appreciated their help.

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!