Apple Reviews

3,678 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
1,952 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 208 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 194 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 194 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 133 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Apple At Home Advisor in Houston, TX (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great benefits, super even! Management is always looking for ways to help you to improve and that works for you in the long run.

Cons

I've been there 2 years and I dont see any cons.

Keep doing what your doing!

Apple retail was wonderful in the early years, changed a lot after Steve died and Ron Johnson left.

I worked at Apple full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Apple Retail has some really great people, good benefits and for the most part, a fun environment.

Cons

It's retail, awful hours, some awful customers and while they talk "work life balance" you are expected to work often with little notice and EVERY weekend. In the early 2000's it was all about the customer experience, now it's all about selling and how much can we make off of a customer. I had a manager actually tell me "I expect $5,000 an hour out of transactions like that". After giving Apple 11 years of my life, that was the last straw....

Get back to the basics that Apple Retail was founded on.

Great company that lets you discover your leadership

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing culture and the pay is great for retail. There are so many stores so it makes it easy to move around and try new things.

Cons

While there are lots of avenues to try at Apple, there can be so many roadblocks in getting to the next step.

Nobody enjoys playing the political game. Recognize people for their contributions rather than judging on if you like them or not.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

At- home Team Manager

Current Employee - At Home Team Manager  in  Kansas City, KS (US)
    Current Employee - At Home Team Manager in Kansas City, KS (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing company with amazing people. If you work hard and do your job, you will move up. This company is all about career development if you do your part and work hard. The work is extremely satisfying and I love what I do. Love the comfort of working in my home. They also send lots of t-shirts, mugs, totes, and other cool stuff that truly make you feel appreciated. Best place to work.

Cons

None, other than have a more strict policy on hiring. Weed out the clowns who don't have a strong work ethic and are just there to try and get out of working.

Keep up the great job. It's nice to see a company that cares about it's employees and their career development.

Awesome

Current Employee - Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people you work with and the great benefits.

Cons

Young employees not understanding how good of a job it is working for Apple.

Apple is the most amazing company I have EVER worked for.

Current Employee - ITunes Support
    Current Employee - ITunes Support

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is great, the benefits are great, they treat their employees like gold.

Cons

There are really no cons working for Apple. I cant think of even one! They are just an all around amazing company to work for and to do business with. They really know how to win people over!

Great experience

Current Employee - Apple Solutions Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Apple Solutions Consultant in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

benefits, training, people, promotions, stock

Cons

management, driving, location, no weekends, no holidays

no thanks.

Apple is a dream company! Amazing entry level tech job, but learning potential is limited at the retail level.

Current Employee - Mac Genius
    Current Employee - Mac Genius

I have been working at Apple full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation, benefits, flexible schedules. The culture of the company is outstanding, you are inspired to be the best you can be, and there is growth opportunity. Management drives for high performance, but in a positive way that eliminates unnecessary pressure and encourages collaboration and helping peers. Your colleagues are smart and fun, there is great camaraderie and healthy competition between coworkers. You will master people skills in a short amount of time.

Cons

The technical skills you can acquire from Apple as a retail tech support consultant fell short of my expectations. Erratic, inconsistent retail schedules can be hard to deal with over time. Apple is so successful that the stores are often crowded beyond comfortable levels. The Genius Bar is very stressful due to the huge volumes of traffic you have to handle. Managing upset customers all day long can emotionally wear anyone down, so the job demands high mental fortitude.

Great Part-time job

Former Employee - Red Zone Specialist  in  King of Prussia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Red Zone Specialist in King of Prussia, PA (US)

I worked at Apple part-time for more than a year

Pros

I hold a job within another profession and got a job as a red zone specialist. The management team was understanding and work with me around scheduling hours. They is also a lot of opportunity to increase your knowledge and advice within the company.

Cons

The only negative were when store meetings would happen before your shift. It made for a long day.

Be yourself.

Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist  in  Pasadena, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in Pasadena, CA (US)

I worked at Apple part-time for less than a year

Pros

At Apple, there is a saying: "Its soul is its people." I'd agree. While at Apple I had the opportunity to work with some of the most creative, brilliant, and outgoing individuals that a retail environment can offer.

The really is a an Apple culture can be defined as individualistic. At Apple they want your own creativity, and individualism to be your strength. They capitalize on quirkiness, friendliness, and exuberance.

Cons

At the retail level the cons are the same as any other retail job. You have irregular scheduling throughout the week which puts a damper on creating any type of consistency. Be prepared to work holidays although Apple does do holiday pay which is great!

Worked for Apple? Contribute to the Community!