Apple Reviews

3,907 Reviews

Apple CEO Tim Cook
Tim Cook
2,143 Ratings

Pros
  • Apple retail had great benefits for their employees from perks to policy (in 241 reviews)

• Great staff, excellent work environment nothing beats apple when it comes to computers (in 205 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance and handling any customer issues as well as the long hours (in 245 reviews)

• could be physically tiring due to the long hours of walking and standing on concrete floors (in 149 reviews)

More Highlights

I have been working at Apple

Pros

Great culture. The ability to be who you are while learning and developing from peers and leaders alike. The ability to provide fearless feedback with the utmost positive intent, giving each other an equal opportunity to grow not only in our careers but in life.

Cons

Typical retail issues including hours, work/life balance and the lack of career opportunities and growth.

Apple at Home

I worked at Apple part-time

Pros

Work from home, decent pay.

Cons

Shift variations, I didn't like having different shifts month to month.

Ability to switch shifts or pick shifts.

Opportunities abound. There is plenty of room to grow here.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Despite some public opinion, Apple is an extremely ethical company. Lots of smart peers to learn from. Opportunity for growth when you demonstrate potential.

Cons

Not really a con, but expected: compensation generally lags behind performance. Work can be very ambiguous at times. Many peers are spread very thin. Apple has a "show me" culture which generally requires you to work periods of double-time to prove your own ideas.

CPU team

Former Employee - RTL Design in Cupertino, CA (US)
    Former Employee - RTL Design in Cupertino, CA (US)

I worked at Apple as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Got to learn alot. Very friendly work environment. Company Values are great, high focus on quality of work.

Cons

Very high expectations, almost no work life balance.

Nothing much

Apple

Current Employee - Project Manager in Cupertino, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Cupertino, CA (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Fast Changing Environment in high-tech

Cons

Work/Life Balance, Difficult to take vacation

Still a great place to work, but maybe too many B+/A- players

I have been working at Apple full-time

Pros

Apple wants to do great things and they value passion in employees. They run a very tight ship with operations that are second to none.

Cons

As much as Steve Jobs used to say Apple is "flat", it really isn't. It's very structured and political. You are supposed to "stay in your swim lane" and not worry about what other teams are doing. For some employees that's fine (and even desired), but if you are a big picture thinker you like to know the big picture and that makes it hard. If you try to help in other areas too much you are likely to get your leash yanked to get you back in line. It almost feels like they want to crush the disruptive innovators in the organization and get a bunch of mindless followers.

Encourage disruption! Don't promote people just because they have seniority, promote the people who are best at what the job requires.

Back of House specialist

Current Employee - Back of House Specialist
    Current Employee - Back of House Specialist

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, great benefits. Lets you do as you see fit, lots of belief in it's people.

Cons

Customers can sometimes be unnecessarily rude and mean.

I worked at Apple

Pros

people focused, innovative, exciting and cutting edge. Company values and culture are exactly what you would expect

Cons

none that i can think of

Best retail job ever.

Current Employee - Apple Genius in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Apple Genius in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Apple full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Depending on the store there is strong support from your managers. Most of your co-workers are people who are contributing to the arts in in an incredible way.

Cons

Every retail job has crazy customers. At Apple you get a great taste at how un-human people are. Some fail to notice that they are entering a store that doesn't revolve around them.

Don't ask your team members, especially Geniuses to be flexible. It puts more stress on us.
    Back us up and follow through when we are trying to stay true to policies, don't deviate because it makes us look like idiots and we have not done our job.

Apple Retail Specialist

Current Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Apple Retail Specialist in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Apple part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company cares about the employees and takes care of their needs. They provide a great balance of work life and the benefits provided are great. Never felt pressured or stressed out to a point where I did not want to work.

Cons

Growth was not very well, it also depends on your store and mangers but for the most part they want to see years of experience just to be a genius. Sometimes even favoritism. They make growing into a role much harder when newbies can just be hired into the role. They require you to go through each role and wait minimum 6 months to change roles. Even feedback does not help this situation.

Help grow employees for their best interest. Don't make it harder for employees just because you want to keep them on your team longer.