AppleOne

Updated 28 August 2014

3.6

AppleOne CEO Janice Bryant Howroyd
Janice Bryant Howroyd

Pros
  • It's a very fun, fast-paced environment, where every day is different (in 5 reviews)

• Great place to come to in the event that you are in between work (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • they will not tell you if a temp-to-hire position will become permanent or if you are about to get laid off (in 5 reviews)

• Low base salary, even if you are hired as a recruiter you are forced into sales at one time or another (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great opportunity!

I worked at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great hours, good clients to work with, how hard you work is how well you will do.

Cons

Have to work 90 days for vacation or days off.

Have more of a local presence. Hard to manage from afar.

Friendly administrators.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant  in  Sandy, UT (US)
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Sandy, UT (US)

I worked at AppleOne full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

To become an Administrator that is available to help consumers to find a job that they would fit into, in a friendly and professional manner.

Cons

As a professional employee, to be aware the time-off policies is important. Any position that I apply for is where I want to offer personal growth, and be an asset to the company. I want a full time job, 40 hours a week and available for overtime.

Please know that I have over 10 years of Customer Service in my work experience. I enjoy communicating with consumers. I have a perfect attendance record. If you would like a quick learner, problem solver with a strong work ethic, I hope you consider me for a position with your company.

Excellent Business- Great place to start a job search!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charleston, SC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC (US)

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Rachelle Hobus from the AppleOne location in Charleston, SC contacted me and immediately set up interviews with several local businesses hiring for positions that were relevant to my abilities and experience level. I am now happily employed with a stable local business called PeopLease. Without AppleOne, I never would have found this position, and I would likely still be on the hunt for a new full time job. I have already referred several job-seeking friends to AppleOne, and they have been as satisfied as I was.

Cons

At some point, AppleOne recruiters other than Rachelle stepped in and tried to set up interviews with businesses I was uninterested in.

Assign one recruiter to each client that is looking to be placed. I enjoyed working with Rachelle, but did not like being contacted by other recruiters.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Temp Agency

Former Employee - Data Entry  in  Santa Monica, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Santa Monica, CA (US)

I worked at AppleOne as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Within a week, they were offering me several positions, and within a month I had a temp to perm job for $13 hr with a great company who extended my contract.

Cons

The only con I had is I didn't know the job title until a week after I started, and then found out it was data entry. However, it turned out to be a lot more too, probably worked out for the best for me.

Keep up the great work.

Fantastic Staff!

I have been working at AppleOne

Pros

Michelle Cooper and Rachelle Hobus are really professional. They made the job search so simple. They really go to bat for the job seeker and do their best to pair them with the right company that fits their job requirements. I gave them a "wish" list and they filled it to the letter! I can't say enough good things about them.

Cons

There have been no "cons'.

Stressful

I have been working at AppleOne full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay, bonus time, there is nothing else to discuss.

Cons

Over worked. Micro-management. Old software, micro management, insurance not so good.

Very good learning experience.

Former Employee - Branch Manager
    Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very good pay. Great hours. Great place to learn about the staffing industry.

Cons

Takes 6 months before you can start using vacation days or time off.
    For someone who had no true staffing experience, training was on a "need-to-know" basis.

Keep an active role in each office. Make training a central point.

Micromanagement / High Expectations = Low Reward

Former Employee - Do Not Want to Disclose At This Time
    Former Employee - Do Not Want to Disclose At This Time

I worked at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

It could be rewarding to develop your portfolio if you were given enough time to learn the job.

Cons

No opportunity to develop their employees. Very high turnaround due to multiple metrics / quotas that must be reached on a weekly basis in order to keep your job for another week. Additionally, multiple employers in this region are very inauspicious toward AppleOne aside from some major accounts. Many local accounts in which a new staffing consultants up to senior account executives are responsible for developing hang up on you as soon as you say the company's name.

You are scheduled for a full month's worth of training, but my office was so far behind that I had no opportunity to do proper training because the pressure was on to have 15-20 interviews per week, plus 25-50 connects, 10 send outs, and more.

If you meet your quotas for the week, you will not have to work on the weekend. If you don't, you better be ready for the next week (if you still have a job).

I was placed as a temporary secretary at various locations.

Former Employee - Temporary Employee
    Former Employee - Temporary Employee

I worked at AppleOne full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great placement. Worked with me to place me at a location that was near my home. Great upper management! Made the employer feel thought of and not just a number.

Cons

One of the companies I worked for didn't follow the rules given to me and wasn't the best about it. But it worked out!

Good placement

I have been working at AppleOne as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I so do not remember enough to add here.

Cons

I have nothing to add here.

Worked for AppleOne? Contribute to the Community!