Arby's
www.arbys.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Arby's Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Paul Brown

Pros:
  • "Great people and great atmosphere/ Managers are great to work with about schedules and availability"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Flexible schedules, discounts on food while working"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Different shifts; hot; minimum wage; no challenges; slippery floors; work weekends;"
    in 16 reviews
  • "Long hours minimum of 50 per week"
    in 11 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

My experience at Arby's was very satisfying

Team Member (Former Employee)
Vancouver, WA (US)

I worked at Arby's full-time for more than a year

ProsYou get exceptional experience in working at a fast paced fast food restaurant. I really enjoyed working the backline, I liked making the sandwiches.

ConsI would say the cons would be that you would have to have a lot of patience when working their very fast paced drive thru, and I must have been very good at it because I was always put there.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A.

Minimum wage job

Shift Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Arby's full-time for more than a year

ProsIdeal for college students or as an in-between job. Depending on where you work, you might be entitled to a discounted meal. Easy learning curve. Potential for maximizing hours if you simply do you work properly.

ConsManagement styles are typically the same. Many times you'll face hypocritical/unethical managers (make sure to report them). The tasks are tedious and boring at times. You'll feel over-worked and underpaid most of the time. Don't make this a career choice unless you have no other options.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees fairly. Don't pick favorites. Avoid unethical management styles or you could face termination. I should know - I reported my unethical manager and he was soon under investigation.

good first job

Cashier (Former Employee)
Las Vegas, NV (US)

I worked at Arby's part-time for more than a year

ProsThere really arent any. This was a part time job for me to save extra money. However, the employees who were there trying to support themselves were left with a paycheck that could barely pay for car insurance because of the hours.

Consnot very accomadating with schedule, but only give 20 - 24 hours a weekWhat is that all about? How can you support yourself on that?

Great pay, perks, nice environment, lots of office politics

Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee)
Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at Arby's full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay and perks (VIP box, shows, discounts to theme parks).

ConsExtremely political. Get in good with people by watching the same tv shows and caring about their vacations.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up.

it was a good experience. i e njoyed it thoroughtly

I have been working at Arby's full-time for more than a year

Prosit is intersting that i got to work the cashier even with no experience

Consit was bad that the upper management didnt know what they were doing sometimes

Advice to Senior Managementit was okay

It's an okay place to work

I have been working at Arby's part-time for less than a year

ProsVery easy job to do, doesn't require much effort to do a fantastic job and get the bosses to compliment you all the time. Their standards are not as high as previous restaurants I have worked for so I found them easy to impress. It's a fairly laid back environment, not demanding at all. Most of the co-workers are nice and are fun to be around.

You get 50% discount on all food and occasionally they give you free food. Nice music.

ConsExtremely low wage, very few hours, no benefits (insurance), creepy customers [depending on location.]. I've found it is costing me more to work there than I am getting paid due to the lack of hours and odd ball shifts. This would be a swell job IF I didn't have any bills to pay and was a teen living at home, its a good starter job; for me it was a get back into the workforce until I get something better job. I am grateful that they hired me, but its not not worth the cost of working there in the long term.

Other employees not having as strong of a work ethic or taking any pride in their work. This does bother me. It may just be a fast food joint but there's no excuse to be sloppy and not keep the place spic and span.

However other than the low pay and all the main thing that I consider a con and it doesn't apply to all locations is this. It's demeaning to have to continue to be friendly to a customer who is harassing you everyday and who loiters in the restaurant all day just because they buy a one dollar sandwich. I feel that after explaining this the shift leader or manager should take action if one of their workers are being sexually harassed by someone who is loitering. One thing they do not like there is you not smiling and being friendly towards everyone, which normally I would agree with said policy, but not in the case were you have someone making unsolicited sexual comments at you.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you hire someone, do not lead them to believe you are hiring them at one wage and then give them a different one. Or hire them telling them they are being hired to be a shift leader and then just keep giving them the run around. This is annoying.

If you want to compete with the "causal dinning" restaurants and not be lumped in with the likes of McDonalds, you need to hire people with better work ethic who are more motivated and add healthier food options to your menu. Your market fresh food is a step in the right direction.

Too much politics involved in this job its not what you know it who you know

General Manager (Current Employee)
Fort Payne, AL (US)

I have been working at Arby's full-time for more than a year

ProsToo much politics involved in this job its not what you know it who you know

ConsAlways drama with upper mgmt

A job to pay the bills

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I have been working at Arby's full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSteady paycheck to pay the bills

ConsLow pay and low chance at raises

Advice to Senior ManagementYour operations employees should be paid more

Good Company

Store Manager (Current Employee)
Kokomo, IN (US)

I have been working at Arby's full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat help for all levels of management

Conshardly any cons to this position

A great work experience

Team Trainer (Current Employee)
Harrisburg, IL (US)

I have been working at Arby's part-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people I worked with all worked as a team. If you worked hard and completed all of your tasks well getting promoted is very likely.

ConsIts can be dirty work but nothing excessive.

Advice to Senior ManagementI always thought adding a small incentive would really increase independent work as well as team building networks.

Worked for Arby's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arby's reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Arby's CEO Paul Brown . All 235 reviews are posted anonymously by Arby's employees.