Arrow Electronics Reviews

Updated 27 August 2014

2.8

Arrow Electronics President, CEO, and Director Mike Long
Mike Long

Pros
  • Some management willing to work with the employees to find a work life balance (in 9 reviews)

• Good compensation, independent work environment, challenging and satisfying work (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • I will not recommend this company to anyone I care about because there is nothing called work-life balance in Arrow (in 6 reviews)

• Upper management places no more value on their employees than they would a copy machine (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Intern

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Arrow Electronics as an intern for less than a year

Pros

This place makes you feel at home. They really do have a family like atmosphere.

Cons

There are not many cons working at Arrow Electronics. Maybe that there are so many smaller companies within Arrow which makes it confusing to understand at first.

Very satisfactory job with constant movement within ones daily duties.

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful work life balance. Managers are friendly and overall easy to work with. Atmosphere at work is comfortable and generally stress-free.

Cons

Very little movement up the corporate ladder. Unless you transfer departments you will most likely stay within $2k to $5k of your current salary range.

Create more opportunities for communication between the sales teams and the corporate product managers.

Great experience into Corporate America coming out of college

Current Employee - Human Resources Systems Analyst  in  Melville, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Systems Analyst in Melville, NY (US)

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Process oriented, well organized company, providing career growth opportunities. Everyone I worked with has been friendly and collaborative, not too much politics involved. If you have the ambition to press forward and take on more projects even if they fall out of your JD, more power to you!

Cons

Depending on the team, hours can get crazy, work-life balance isnt exactly ideal. Again, there are certain teams that work very well together and the workload is spread. Within certain departments, there are cycles when weekends may need to be sacrificed in order for operations to continue steadily.

Make sure to align well with senior leadership

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very rewarding experience that helped develop my career

Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Product Marketing Manager in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Excellent benefits and flexible work schedule, allowing to work from home during adverse weather conditions.
    The people are some of the best professionals that I have ever worked with

Cons

Outsourcing has lead to many talented people being reorganized out of the organization

We have a great group of experienced employees. Please continue to find new ways yo keep them motivated and leverage their experience to take Arrow Electronics to the next level.

Arrow Electronics summer internship program offers challenges and invaluable experience.

Current Employee - Social Media Intern  in  Englewood, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Social Media Intern in Englewood, CO (US)

I have been working at Arrow Electronics as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I benefitted most from the networking opportunities and hands-on experience I received. The people at Arrow are some of the nicest I've ever met and they genuinely care for one another. The internship program is very structured but still allows you to exercise freedom in your work. I got especially lucky with the team I worked with, which I think is what really made this internship such a good experience. Definitely a great place to intern!

Cons

The required intern group projects were pretty time consuming and got in the way of every day work. We were all happy to present our projects and be done with them. Communication within the company also seems to be somewhat lacking, but they are such a large company that this is to be expected.

Inside Sales Representative, responsible to managing existing accounts, and developing new ones. B2B sales.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, benefits, vacation time, excellent support from managers & co-workers, fairly positive work atmosphere, not very stressful and almost no new business prospecting needed to succeed.

Cons

Not much room for advancement within the Halifax office, and not much in regard to pay increases, can get stuck with a bad territory, and can get caught up in a lot of bad morale with the office.

Pay increases, and make communication between entry level workers and the higher-ups in the corporate office available.

Decent Summer Internship

Former Employee - Business Management Intern
    Former Employee - Business Management Intern

I worked at Arrow Electronics as an intern for less than a year

Pros

As an intern they fly you out to Denver and the pay is decent. When I interned it was $15 an hour. As an intern the schedule was a lot more flexible as well. The training was decent. The best part by far was being able to travel to Denver to meet other interns, but I like traveling.

Cons

My boss was the mirror image of Michael from the Office and did not know how to run a team sufficiently.I just did mainly data entry and it was a monotanous and boring task. No one on my team really respected our boss and honestly we thought corporate did not either. He would tell us TMI and weird us out a lot.

Screen managers better before promoting or hiring them.

Use to love this place

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Secure, financially stable company, many opportunities to move around to different departments.

Cons

promoting friends and favorites instead of qualified people.

Don't promise what you have no intention of keeping. Even if you think it may happen... don't mention or get employees hopes up until you KNOW the promise is going to come through.

If you are Manager's favorite, You are the boss here

Current Employee - Technical Analyst  in  Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Technical Analyst in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Arrow Electronics full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Good Compensation at the time you join (after that hike depends on your terms with your Manager)
    - Learning curve is OK, not very good, not very bad, depends on you, how much you can make out of it.
    - Onsite opportunities are very less and that too depends on the terms with your Manager

Cons

-Lot of politics, people who don't know anything are surviving due to terms with manager and getting good hikes with all other perks.
    -New employees can only make their way out if you sit in your Manager's good books not on the talent

Kindly try not be this much biased, give fair chance to everyone, consider the effort of the employees while giving the hikes etc.

Company has good benefits but is generally older

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Arrow Electronics full-time

Pros

I interned with Arrow for two years be joining the company full time. I find that it is a good place to learn about the company and about corporate America in general.

Cons

Training is seriously lacking at Arrow. They are fond of throwing people into the fire and generally leave the training to your coworkers. This can work out okay but in my instance it did not. My coworkers were swamped with their own work and had little time to train me properly. I wasn't supplied appropriate training materials and there was a lot of general day-to-day information about my position that i wasn't told to me till a month before I left.
    '
    There are not many opportunities to move up in the company. Alot of individuals are stuck moving horizontally from position-to-position with slightly better or worse pay but never a true pay increase.

Training needs to be significantly better and a formal training program developed.

Worked for Arrow Electronics? Contribute to the Community!