Atlanta Braves

Updated Mar 04, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Terry McGuirk

Fun environment to work in.

Gameday Staff In the Promotions Department (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsAwesome people to work with.
    Everybody is treated equally meaning that everybody has each other's back all the time.
    Fun environment to work in. Tons of people to meet (average game about 20,000 attendance)
    Great opportunities to meet famous people. (local, international and superstars)
    Good hours, can work in multiple areas within your department.
    Poker chips, used for all sorts of recognition and can be used to get MLB and team items from a specialized store at discounted pricing. (or if you have enough chips, for free) Also plays into, if you work hard and stand out you get the recognition and there are a ton of opportunities for that.

ConsReally drunk people.
    Stability of hours. You're only working home games and very occasional events if asked to do so.
    Unless you are a trainee or supervisor, you're not getting paid much more than minimum wage.
    You only work home games, so your schedule is already set, and there are times when you gets weeks off of work. So if it's your only job, you're not making much considering the varying hours. A game can last for a few hours, or almost all night long.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement doesn't need to change. It's great and they all do a great job.

Learning lesson

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFree games and special events

ConsUnorganized HR department and no employee recognition

Easy money for easy and entertaining job: guest relations

Guest Relations Representative (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsBraves baseball:) interact with many fans during the game. . Everyone works as a team and other departments are always there to help you if needed. 99% of employees are happy to be there! Every company has that 1% but it is what it is.
    3 hours before game is prep work making sure everything is ready for fans. Then once gates open its: Hand out stickers, Give directions, Check tickets, call appropriate department if issue such as engineering or housekeeping. Shifts are generally 6.5-7 hours a game.
    Your shift is approved a month ahead of time so you know when you are working and when you aren't. Shift swaps are easy if you want to pick up a shift.
    Overall it's a fun place to work, you are there to help the fans and get paid to do so, upper mgmt is there and willing to answer questions and maybe you get to watch a little baseball!!!

ConsPay to park in employee lot.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

a job to work at because you love it, rather than for the pay

Prosfun to be in the environment of baseball fans.
    get to watch every home game and certain events held at Turner Field

Conslow pay depending on your department
    job can get boring especially the 3 hrs before the game
    have to deal with drunk people lol

Advice to Senior Managementraise the pay, especially for those that have been there for years.

The Bravos

Club House Attendant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsIt's the braves, and it's awesome to work for the Braves

ConsPandering people. Placement and moving up in the company seems to be based upon relationships rather than skill

Fantastic, everyone makes you feel welcome and want to work there.

Guest Relations Representative (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsAs a gameday worker, the job is a lot of fun and you meet tons of new people. I basically point people in the right direction whether it be to their seats, finding bathrooms, beer, funnel cakes, or any other item you can imagine. My goal is to make people smile and make their experience at Turner Field unforgettable.

ConsThey don't pay much, but that will probably increase over the years. My job requires me to stand almost the whole time, which is anywhere from 6-9 hours, your legs get tired during long 10 game homestands.

Worked for Atlanta Braves? Contribute to the Community!