Atlona

Atlona Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Ilya Khayn

The Winds of Change

ProsAtlona has been going through a massive change in the company as they change the business distribution strategy. Many of the past employees with experience in the previous targeted markets have left and fresh blood has been brought in from all over the audiovisual industry. The company is growing very fast and the products are now better than ever. I was happy to see upper management positions filled from within. Opportunity is better than ever before at Atlona.

ConsSome of the weight of the past are still heavy on the company. Once all the mindsets of the past are able to view the new direction and embrace it the company will have even greater success. PTO policy is weak. The changes in distribution of the product are creating an odd environment pushing for decisions of the old while trying to drive the business the new direction.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Talk to more customers.

Jun 16, 2014Sr Director HR

At Atlona, we have gone through changes in business strategy, as any growing organization does, to be flexible to meet the growing needs of the AV industry. We strive to be agile and non-bureaucratic ... More

Intriguing and challenging yet rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsAtlona feels like a small company in terms of the interactions between employees and the ability to reach management for questions. The company is still growing and trying to find its path which means the employees have a say in the direction and success of the company. The office is diverse and there is a lot comradery between employees. One on One Reviews are held each year and employees are able to express their desires for growths within the company. Atlona also provides training for those looking to improve their knowledge at the work place. There are a lot of bright and enthusiastic people working at Atlona.

ConsAs a growing company, the direction of the company has changed quite a bit in the last few years. As someone who has been with the company for over 3 years, I have seen a few different management directions the company has chosen. This is understandable from a growing company and within the last year there has been a major push to improve the company image and standing. With that said, employees may be asked to perform duties outside their normal titles possibly even outside their department duties.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company should be management according to statistics (performance) rather than perceptions of each employees performance by judging their day to day actions at the work place (seeing someone away from their cube).

Jun 16, 2014Sr Director HR

Here at Atlona, we want to keep a friendly, open environment as we grow. The Sr Management team want to hear from the staff, and find a variety of ways to encourage feedback. Our corporate values ... More

Great Company to work for!! Very positive working experience!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsThe best hiring experience ever!! Kudos to Ivy :)
    Friendly and upbeat environment. Top management always think of ways to encourage and motivate fellow staff. CEO is very focused and goal oriented. I would highly recommend this company.

ConsTraining opportunities, 401k matching, more PTOs.

Jun 16, 2014Sr Director HR

We do have a great recruiting team, and believe our candidate experience will give you a glimpse of how you will be valued as a team member at Atlona. We don’t believe in generic automated responses ... More

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

If you're willing to put in the hours, it's very rewarding.

Director of Sales (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsLots of sales opportunities in a growing segment. But be willing to work hard and put in the time needed to succeed. If you think this is a 40 hour a week job every week, you'll be disappointed. Flexible with work schedule and a very family-first attitude. Seems to be a renewed interest in hiring and keeping quality employees.
       Great in-office benefits, parties, etc. Nice little perks from management to show appreciation for a job well done. Gift cards, holiday gifts, etc.
       Good product and lots of differentiation from other "me-too" companies in the product category. Genuine concern for customers and providing a good sales and service experience at all levels.

ConsCompensation is just average or slightly below. Can be very slow to adapt and change methods, procedures, etc. in a very competitive market segment. Relatively small company that does have some under-staffing issues.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt seems you have given a little more trust and control over to the people you hire. Keep it up.

Jun 16, 2014Sr Director HR

Atlona truly has work life balance. There are no crazy 60 hour work weeks here. We value our employees, and provide flexible schedules, and management appreciation.
    BTW, our Director of Sales
    ... More

chaos

Market (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Prosnone the best thing about my time there was the network of people that I met

Consconstant change of company charter, low salaries, employees not valued,

Advice to Senior Managementgrow up

Jun 16, 2014Sr Director HR

The Management team has heard you loud and clear; yes we have had to make changes-- for the better.

Interesting at first, then the shine came off quickly.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you need a job and your unemployment has run out and you don't qualify for public assistance . . . this may be the place for you.

ConsWeak, me too product line, poor communication, near zero management competency, a narrow subcontract (ODM) manufacturing strategy, questionable quality and a complete lack of ethics.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow some ethics.

Jun 16, 2014Sr Director HR

Atlona has gone through quite a bit of changes, including hiring practices to refine our recruitment of qualified talent. Although we continue to strive to develop our employees, we can’t please ... More

It's an up and coming company, with an exciting team.

ProsPeople are passionate about the product, company and job. Nice working culture, work life balance is great.

ConsThere are growing pains, sometimes understaffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in mind what successful company's have done, and keep following that path

2 steps forward 3 steps back

ProsBagel Friday. A lot of the staff are incredible people with a lot to offer. Reasonably casual dress code allowed in the office. Some reasonably cool technologies on the horizon. Pay has improved somewhat over the last one and a half years.

ConsI've seen the cycle of things improving only to regress multiple times here. The directors, who have excellent ideas and experience, are not allowed to execute on anything. The owners of the company are inexperienced and indecisive. It is truly an unfortunate situation. There are so many talented people here that work incredibly hard. If the owners were to step into a backround role and hire outside replacements, it would lead to a new era of growth. If we continue to do things the way that we have, it will lead to the end of the company.

Based on my experience, it seems like most of what we do is re-arrange deck chairs on the Titanic. If this company is around in 5 years I would be extremely surprised.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep aside and let your Directors do what the need to do. If you are unwilling to do that, then at least show some sort of leadership and vision. A ship that is adrift at sea, with no one at the rudder, will eventually break up on the rocks..

Jun 16, 2014Sr Director HR

Atlona has come a long way in the past couple of years, bringing in more experienced people to enhance its Sr Management team to work with the Ownership.

Very good place to work at

Full Time Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

ProsCompany is well positioned in the industry, team members are very competitive, customer oriented and friendly. Nice culture and good opportunities to contribute to business and extend skills to a new level.

ConsNone that I can think of right now. Maybe AC can be a bit adjusted, sometimes it can get a bit warm and other times it was too cold.

easy to fit in

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Jose, CA (US)

Prosfellow employees are friendly and helpful and it was very easy to fit in. VERY customer oriented

Consat times feels like we are understaffed and TOO customer oriented and may increase response times. a good problem if you ask me

Advice to Senior Managementmaybe add staff to a few key positions

Worked for Atlona? Contribute to the Community!