Austin Regional Clinic

Updated Mar 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Norman Chenven, M.D.

Great company to work for.

Lab Assistant Technologist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic part-time for more than a year

ProsMost friendly people I have ever worked for, most passionate leadership roles I've seen, and great benefits for employees.

ConsUnfortunately, the process to get any existing routine changed has to go through an extensive and unnecessary chain of command, which generally takes months.

It's a hectic job with not many pay raises but pretty good benefits and includes a lot of backstabbing.

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic

ProsI like the benefits and the paid time off that you accrue. SOME of your coworkers will be like family! Love that aspect...when there is teamwork!

ConsHardly any raises. When you do a good job, but your job review still makes you feel like you aren't. The condescending way certain supervisors and good forbid an interim supervisor talks to the subordinates. The drive to work and you feel like you need to bring a box to pack your stuff everyday because they fire people like crazy. Most employees are terrified of certain supervisory personnel. Some of your coworkers will have a bad way of communicating with each other, also.
It's like you and your good coworkers are adrift on a little raft falling apart in shark infested water and you are clinging to each other for dear life! That's a typical day here.
I recommend you join the float pool, skip the benefits, and avoid the BS.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupervise and train nursing supervisors and observe their handling of employees. Most are wonderful, but the bad ones are just so bad. Nurses that eat their young mixed in with the great ones!

Have it all, or at least a small portion

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic full-time for more than 10 years

ProsWork/Life Balance, your a part of a family.

ConsThe ARC "take" Advantage, the pros blind you. Limited opportunities for career advancement. Salary for non-clinical is not competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop your employees. Give them all the opportunities to be successful in even if that means they go on to bigger things outside your company.

Love it!

Nurse (Current Employee)

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI was shocked at the reviews on here, so I decided to add my own. I love working for ARC. It's one of the few companies that I've ever worked for, that feels like a family. My boss treats me with respect, and always has my back. Even if I do something wrong, or screw up, she always has my back and helps me move forward. That's how a work place should be! I love my co-workers as well!

ConsThe only con I can think of, is lack of discipline. There's two employees in my office alone that I would have terminated long ago. They're both long term employees, so they're still there. Riding the clock and hardly working

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd love it more if there was more accountability in the office. Yes we're a team, and yes we work together. But I shouldn't have to pick up someone else's slack day after day, because they fail to do their job. They should be held accountable themselves!

Long Haul

Insurance Follow-Up Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic full-time for more than a year

ProsFantastic leadership at many of the locations. Very good benefits. Opportunities to learn a wide range of skills. Low employee turnover

ConsVery few chances for advancement. Depends on what clinic you are at but most supervisors have been with the company for 10 plus years. Which is a plus once you are there however it means working in a significantly under paid job for 10 years in order to get to a supervisor position. I work in the billing office and the average cost of living raise was about .40 cents per hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't provide false hope for advancement.

Disorganized , dysfunctional ,and an abysmal Company to work for

EMR Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic full-time for more than a year

Pros- There really isn't even one.

Cons- Unprofessional , rude, and highly unresponsive management in EMR department
- Low salary, attempts from beginning to cheat employees out of salary and hours
- Work environment systems constantly down, leading to constant last minute shifts in hours and locations that are an hour away from one another
- Rude , apathetic , and unhelpful HR

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganize , and actually have a viable work environment instead of calling people after they are at work telling them it has been moved somewhere else.

Loved working Here!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Austin Regional Clinic part-time for less than a year

ProsAwesome place to work! Great company culture. They really care about all their employees. I truly enjoyed working here and hated having to leave

ConsOffices are spread out really far. They could listen to all employees a little better.

do not work here. it sucks

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Austin Regional Clinic full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNone. There is nothing good about this company or the way they care for their patients.

ConsEverything. There is so much gossip and micromanagement. Now room for growth.

It's a great starting place.

Medical Technologist (Former Employee)

I worked at Austin Regional Clinic full-time for more than 5 years

ProsRelaxed, friendly environment. Job security is high. People are generally happy to work there. There is some room for growth. Management is encouraging of your own professional development.

ConsThe pay is low, but comparable to other salaries is Austin. The corporate environment is not as forward thinking as most healthcare companies in Austin, but recent changes are showing a turn. The organization of the company can be confusing at times.

Not terrible, not ideal

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Austin Regional Clinic

ProsVoted best places to work by Austin Business Journal. Most employees seemed to like it and feel proud to work there. Manager was good at being inclusive of diversity.

ConsGood opportunities for people in the medical profession, limited opportunities for a marketer. Manager tended to be negative during employee reviews, even of some really good workers. She tended to think no one was ever doing enough.

Worked for Austin Regional Clinic? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Austin Regional Clinic reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Austin Regional Clinic CEO Norman Chenven, M.D.. All 11 reviews are posted anonymously by Austin Regional Clinic employees.