AutoZone

AutoZone Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

AutoZone Chairman, President, and CEO Bill Rhodes III

Bill Rhodes III

Pros
  • You get a 20% discount on everything except special order parts(in 30 reviews)

• Work schedule is pretty decent and the best benefit is the employee discount card(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • long hours no appreciation no backing from upper management un real expectations for one person to fulfill(in 58 reviews)

• part time assets as to avoid the new Health Care laws as best as they could(in 39 reviews)

Somewhat of a Challenge if you are up to it.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Cocoa, FL (US)

ProsIt is a very hands on job and expect to get your hand dirty. You learn a lot in this position and the managers are always there to help guide you if you have questions. You meet a lot of interesting characters in this line of work. Overall not a bad place to work, there are a lot of opportunities to move up.

ConsSome of the customers that come in are discriminatory because of gender. As a female, it was often treated inferior because the assumption is that women don't know much about cars. Depending on the location of the AutoZone, there can be very shady characters. Also there several occasions where I was sexually molested and obscene comments were made by the customers. Also expect to long hours and be extremely tired in dealing with angry people.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough AutoZone's motto is the customer is always right, there should be a limit. People take advantage of that and they take even more advantage of the employees because the customer can get away with so much.

Its Ok

Prosits a paycheck 20% discount

ConsNo work life balance pay s very low for the level of production from you

Decent pay but very Unorganized

Store Autozoner (Former Employee) Plainfield, NJ (US)

ProsDecent Pay with discounts on store products

ConsNo Commission, sloppy, Drama, bad leadership issues

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement could be better, unorganized HUB, unmotivated

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

enriching

Commercial Sales Manager (Current Employee)

Prosavailability, training, culture, team building

Conslong hrs, compensation, no overtime

Good co-workers, poor upper management

Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) Junction City, KS (US)

ProsYou get to meet and interact with other car enthusiasts. %20 employee discount. I enjoyed my store manager and the majority of the other employees.

ConsI had no consistent schedule. One day I'll close at 10:30pm after a 12 hour day and then the next morning I'll have to open or I'll get just a 2 hour shift in the middle of the day, wasting my whole day away. Upper management sucks- very stingy (with hours, pay, store supplies- floor mats in winter, broken ladders ect.), always asking more of employees and never congratulating for everything they've already done, too scared to fire bad employees that are harassing, stealing or slacking off and that puts more strain on the good employees and they end up quitting because they don't want to deal with the BS. Anyways that's how my store was. They told me there would be tons of free training available but no one in my store knew how to get it which was disappointing.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimple. If you care about your employees they will care about you. Stop keeping the bad ones and pushing away the good ones.

Full of politics

Assistant Manager/Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsGreat people and immediate managers. very flexible hours and understanding if you need a day off.

ConsDistrict and Regional Managers are all about blowing smoke and fake promises. Along with plenty of micro managing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more care of your employees. They are the face and talent that makes your bonus happen.

Top Notch. Great Managers. Great Advice. Your drive could get you places here.

Store Autozoner (Current Employee) Granger, IN (US)

ProsGreat advice, very freindly, Compassion for the Company, If you need help they will be right there for you

ConsNone What so ever. Top Notch place to work

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing everything is amazing. Great Leadership.

Not a bad place to get retail experience!

Parts Sales Manager (Former Employee) Cumming, GA (US)

ProsThe experience I got working for autozone I still use today.

ConsThe sales goals are a little outrages for some of the products they expect you to push on customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't dock peoples' hours when the near over time.

repetitive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou can get overtime and job is easy

Consscheduling was bad and no incentives

Advice to Senior Managementtreat harder working employees better

A fair place to work.

ProsFour 10 hour days making up 40 hours and still leaving you three days off.
    Most supervisors easy to approach.
    Increases every 6 months pending a performance review until you've reached the cap out limit.

ConsCertain parts of the year yield more mandatory overtime than others.
    It gets rather cold in the winter, so bundle up.

Worked for AutoZone? Contribute to the Community!