Autonomy

Autonomy Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Autonomy SVP & General Manager Robert Youngjohns

Robert Youngjohns

Pros
  • Free breakfast Wednesday, free lunch Friday(in 33 reviews)

• Nice office space and free lunch on Fridays but thats about it-(in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has a HUGE disconnect between their employees(in 19 reviews)

• Hiring staff was difficult as senior management would only approve a new hire if they came from a university that was acceptable to them(in 18 reviews)

Law suit waiting to happen - Stay away from this place.

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsFree breakfast on Wednesday and lunch on Fridays.

ConsIf you are a great worker with great talents you will not be recognize for your ideas, hard work or any accomplishments if you are not one of the "favorites". Management is a joke no clue of their management duties. No advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHP needs to step in before this company brings you down.

Waste of time

Systems Engineer (Former Employee) Pleasanton, CA (US)

ProsThere were a few good people, starting pay out of college was great

ConsThere were many people there who just filled up seats and didn't do much. New ideas are squashed. Many contracts were signed for millions of dollars selling products that do not exist or that actually do nothing. No work-life balance, there is only work and it is your life.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire yourselves

I like it!

Senior Software Developer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat teams, great people, interesting projects

Consnothing really... maybe that the upper management could have more direction in what they are doing...

Advice to Senior Managementput in more time into planning

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Still needs to organize, streamline and sort out product problems

Account Executive (Current Employee)

Proslots of work flexibility, interesting technology, with a big push and support from the wider HP. great office locations, and a lot of investment in training/personal development

Constoo many product issues lead to more discussions with irate clients than selling to new ones. too many product divisions and sales groups leads to huge internal collaboration problems. Base compensation below industry average

big lack of integrity

International Business Development (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

Prostechnology is interesting, pretty office in San Francisco, good benefits.

Consa lot product issues, no growth, no employee development,

Advice to Senior Managementdon't come to work with mental issues, go take care of yourself out of the job environment.

High pressure, little support

ProsGood technology that can be used as a differentiation. Good platform for cloud and archiving unstructured data. Legal is good to work with on contracts, in line with sales and helpful. HP brand is helping them and adding some structure to the sales process.

ConsVery highly leveraged comp plan. They go through sales people quickly. Some do VERY well, esp those who have been there for a long time and know the products and internal mechanisms and can work the system. For others it's a challenge with many folks going after same accounts. Bad support and implementation history makes add on selling and up selling very difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on the customer more, and less on the quarterly #. Provide a fair and equitable territory and provide new folks an opportunity to succeed.

Great opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosinteresting technology, great people free Friday lunch

Consupper management but they've all left since HP acquisition

Advice to Senior Managementto HP leadership, keep selling and investing in the Autonomy products

Good first work experiance after coming from University

Programmer (Former Employee) Calgary, AB (Canada)

ProsGood inter office Social Program, planned activities and break room games.
    Friendly helpful co-workers goof cooperation
    Flexible working hours
    Free coffee and drinks
    Available fitness center, bike lockup and showers
    Was able to learn a lot which was helpful for my first job after taking university classes.

ConsTasks where pretty focused, not much variety from day to day.
    Open office made work environment very quit in order to not disturb others.
    After I mastered all of my day to day duties would easily get bored with work

Advice to Senior ManagementMore opportunities to switch between projects

I've worked for many technology companies over the years and this one leaves a bad taste.

Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsI joined this company with hopes of sharing a technology that I thought would be a difference maker and exciting to sell. I really think the technology is solid.

ConsToo many skeletons in customer closets. Too many clients that have been burned w/broken promises. This negative information undermines any effort to sell new clients. Management by fear and intimidation has to go. A revolving door of talent. HP is always looking for a replacement body. Training new people is a constant at Autonomy/HP. After 1 year with this company I was one of (3) people left that were in my initial training class of 32. I lasted 1 1/2 years and left completely frustrated.

Advice to Senior ManagementAutonomy management that has stayed on from acquisition needs to go. They may be performing and making their numbers but don't be fooled, they're bad apples. There is no effort to provide customer satisfaction and do the right thing for clients.

Not a good place to work

EDiscovery Case Administrator (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsAbility to work remotely on occasion

ConsAutonomy operates on the good ol boy system. Regardless of your skill set

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!