Autonomy

Autonomy Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Autonomy SVP & General Manager Robert Youngjohns

Robert Youngjohns

Pros
  • Free breakfast Wednesday, free lunch Friday (in 33 reviews)

• Nice office space and free lunch on Fridays but thats about it- (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has a HUGE disconnect between their employees (in 19 reviews)

• HP executives unresponsive while all the talented Autonomy senior management is gone (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

disorganized operation!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAble to work independently. Learning experience. Newly created position with many challenges.

ConsNo raises or bonuses in two years!! High turnover. When HP took over my position in finance became extremely frustrating with the micro management mentality! My position was newly created & an uphill challenge to say the least! Myself & two colleagues without little supervision made remarkable strides. The manager @ HP had zero experience & would constantly send emails reminding up what to do! So happy my position was relocated!!

Advice to Senior ManagementTo retain good talent you must pay well & don't continue to have the arrogant attitude "if you don't like it leave"! In my two year tenure I've seen top talent abandon ship!

Starting job here

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Cambridge, South West England, England (UK)

ProsIt is good place for student just graduate from university. It is starting job.

ConsNo salary increase , benefit is getting worse. Many people leave after it sold to HP.

Terrible

Sales Engineer (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsPeople from companies acquired by Autonomy are descent people.

ConsHorrible management philosophy. Treat employees like crap.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo HP management...clean house!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Autonomy after HP aquisition

Account Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsSalary and Business card good medical plan

ConsUnrealistic sales goals. Lack of Corporate direction and message.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop focusing on the number of meetings. Focus on getting better quality meetings.

No intent to work hard for this company

Principal Software Engineer (Former Employee) Sunnyvale, CA (US)

ProsKnew that working on litigation software was the right business direction

ConsDidn't treat employees respectfully. Slave driving parent company that didn't value the competency of company that it purchased. Employees felt they were treated as second class citizens, only be told what to do, instead of integrating with main company

Nice Technology Company

ProsFull of smart people. Young Company. Good benefits

ConsNot very transparent. Long working hours. Management not responsive

The blind leading the blind

Sales Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsI met very smart and very loyal fellow workers who were honest and hard working.

ConsI met ruthless and unpleasant management who were dishonest and incompetent at their jobs. Some of whom should be in prison for the robbery that was the sale to HP.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are not the smartest people in the room. Listen to your employees. Respect work life balance. Manage collaboratively and not through intimidation.

A great place to work for some, but not what I signed up for

Technical Consultant (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

Pros- good work life balance
    - excellent project managers from HP recently brought in
    - stable career
    - good line managers

Cons- There was not a Christmas party this year - the norm before the takeover was for the company to hire a jet, fly us out and put us up in a 5* hotel for the weekend.
    - Free Friday lunch has been cancelled
    - pigeon holed into learning about technologies which are likely to be torn apart and rebuilt over the coming years
    - salary increases are fairly non existent
    - some of the technology is fairly dated.

Advice to Senior Management- create a graduate scheme with clear learning objectives and cash incentives to stay for X years.
    -hire UI developers to create a cross platform easily configurable UI for IDOL

Glad I did, but wouldn't go back.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHuge learning experience - lots of variety in the work.
    Great people in the Calgary office.
    The experience and the people made the time there worthwhile.

ConsUpper management was terrible. Showed a complete lack of basic respect to staff that was not in Cambridge.
    Raises were rare - basically you had to turn in a resignation for upper management to approve a raise.
    Nearly impossible to get a purchase order for equipment approved.
    Hiring staff was difficult as senior management would only approve a new hire if they came from a university that was acceptable to them.

Seriously bad managemt

ProsHp is hopeful that Autonomy software will help software sales. With global restructuring and Autonomy getting rid of terrible lack luster management they might have a chance.

ConsClean house Hp. Just bad management all the way up. Bully tactics and lie lie lie ..,hp needs to really pay attention. Really good people walk out because of management and there's always an excuse made.

Advice to Senior ManagementEither learn your job or go find another one. I have never seen more incompetence at on company.

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!