Autonomy

Autonomy Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Autonomy SVP & General Manager Robert Youngjohns

Robert Youngjohns

Pros
  • Free breakfast Wednesday, free lunch Friday (in 33 reviews)

• Nice office space and free lunch on Fridays but thats about it- (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has a HUGE disconnect between their employees (in 19 reviews)

• HP executives unresponsive while all the talented Autonomy senior management is gone (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

I've worked for many technology companies over the years and this one leaves a bad taste.

Enterprise Account Executive (Former Employee) Denver, CO (US)

ProsI joined this company with hopes of sharing a technology that I thought would be a difference maker and exciting to sell. I really think the technology is solid.

ConsToo many skeletons in customer closets. Too many clients that have been burned w/broken promises. This negative information undermines any effort to sell new clients. Management by fear and intimidation has to go. A revolving door of talent. HP is always looking for a replacement body. Training new people is a constant at Autonomy/HP. After 1 year with this company I was one of (3) people left that were in my initial training class of 32. I lasted 1 1/2 years and left completely frustrated.

Advice to Senior ManagementAutonomy management that has stayed on from acquisition needs to go. They may be performing and making their numbers but don't be fooled, they're bad apples. There is no effort to provide customer satisfaction and do the right thing for clients.

Not a good place to work

EDiscovery Case Administrator (Former Employee) Houston, TX (US)

ProsAbility to work remotely on occasion

ConsAutonomy operates on the good ol boy system. Regardless of your skill set

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to manage

cool technology - poor management and integration

Account Executive (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsInteresting technology
    as part of the larger HP organization, it's possible to look at other areas within HP for possible career moves

ConsMicro management, public belittling of employees, high turnover (i'm the last one left of my initial training group of 24 - and that's less than 2 years later)
    unrealistic

Advice to Senior Managementunderstand the culture that still exists in Autonomy - and it is toxic to long term success. Bring better and more consistent management from HP or outside the organization.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Rough Sales Environment

Account Executive (Current Employee)

Prostechnology is solid, a few people make money

Consrough sales environment, high turn over, no transparancy, few new products, good deals are few and far between. No annual performance reviews, no increases, unattainable quotas. Channel conflict is prevalant.

Advice to Senior Managementclean house, when 100% of your teams don't make quota, address the numbers, address the compensation, or be prepared to lose everyone worth keeping.

very disorganised senior mangement

Technical Specialist (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat people and travel expenses.

ConsPoor management and poor allocation of resources. False promises...

Advice to Senior Managementdon't buy a company then sue it!

worst sw company I have ever seen

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prossome software modules very good

Consbadly managed, will take too long for HP to restructure , understand how to move forward

Not a good place to work!

ProsHP purchased
    Free breakfast Wednesday
    Free lunch Fridays
    Most employee are very nice

ConsLow pay. But you will do the work of higher paying employees without a thank you.
    Managment very sad they no nothing. I have never worked anywhere where management was so off.
    No HR reviews or raises. I no co workers who have not had a review since starting.
    No advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementTake management courses. Many of you are breaking laws.

Dissatisfied

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThere is a very relaxed attitude within the workplace. This doesn't make for much of a 'work environment' however.

ConsThere's often nothing to do, and staff know it.

Advice to Senior ManagementSort out some structure

Not so great. need to improve a lot

Intern Development Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prosaccountability
    pay
    less number of people and hence you get to know every one and easy to reach
    cafeteria is good and cheap
    some teams are doing great job

Consno proper work culture.
    bangalore office is dummy. Every single order has to come from head office.

Software Development

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Southborough, MA (US)

ProsFast pacing environment;
    Lot of technologies involved;
    Smart people, open communication;
    Your opinion is listened to;
    Benefits are respectful.

ConsProfessionalism is recognized but not so fast as one would wish - promotions are slow

Worked for Autonomy? Contribute to the Community!