Avery Dennison

Avery Dennison Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Avery Dennison Chairman, President, & CEO Dean A. Scarborough

Dean A. Scarborough

Pros
  • good careers oportunity ; good work/life balance specially in the European HQ(in 14 reviews)

• Fun work environment with a good work life balance(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Used to have work-life balance, now it's just talk(in 7 reviews)

• Upper management do engage at the production level to relate to all employee group(in 12 reviews)

Employer not providig advancemet in career opportunities

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsThe Senior Management of the company is too good

ConsMore training and advancements in career will help an employee in succeding i his career.

Be careful

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Esenyurt, Istanbul (Turkey)

ProsNot fair income,management team is not ethic, standard company good for managers

ConsInternational environment, generally not fully follow the policies

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to balance salaries between employers.,

Good people are around

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLow turnover rates and good people around, many people have been working there for many years, and most people are willing to answer work related questions even though you don't know them that well.

ConsLow pay, bad office locations.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Work / Life Balance. Family Values.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Brea, CA (US)

ProsCompany provides great benefits, good work life balance, stability, getting to tell people you worked for a fortune 500 company. Great values, clean respectful work environment, very large cubicles / personal space, etc.

ConsCompany is a paper company. Competition with cheap chinese paper is brutal. Company a dying breed in america. Company took a beating in the 2008 market crash and still haven't fully recovered. Company is desperately trying not to shed jobs, but unfortunately, the great benefits, stability, etc. are what make the company noncompetitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnfortunately, if you want your company to be re-energized, you'll have to accelerate he rate of letting go of the aging workforce, and renew with a younger more energetic workforce. Additionally, don't be shy about rewarding performance and making an example of it.

Generally a good place to work, but seeming to find their identity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA (US)

ProsVery nice culture, training available to help you develop, international company with many opportunities. Avery Dennison created the label and has several divisions. They have an interesting interviewing process that involves Select for Success. Each interviewer has a specific Role. They offer yearly development plans and reviews.

ConsLean culture is not fully implemented - sometimes feels like saluting the flag. Company has changed directions several times, recently sold corporate office and moved to new open plan.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus more on your people. Many of the people feel neglected or confused on the corporate direction.

Avery Dennison is a diverse corporation with many different divisions.

Director of Marketing (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat benefits. Excellent training modules that you must take advantage of

ConsNavigation and logistics of the company. Great if you can work your way through the layers

Advice to Senior ManagementJust keep the flow of information to the teams.

Just a job... not great but not terrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

ProsI hardly ever worked late, which is a very rare thing in Hong Kong. They do spend the time to make sure you're trained for the job. Company places high value on ethics.

ConsI think whether you'll end up enjoying it or not all comes down to your manager and your team. I myself didn't have a good experience, but that's not to say that others will have a similar experience with a different team. I also found myself without enough work to do extremely often, which felt like a huge waste of time.

Not a bad place to work

Marketing Intern (Current Employee)

Prosgreat people and work life community

Consmerger really put a damper on the company

Too hard to figure out what you don't know, but are still responsible for

Procurement Analyst (Former Employee) Brea, CA (US)

ProsGreat employee morale program which provided employees with food, opportunities to socialize, and product. A good working schedule which didn't require excessive amounts of overtime or commitment to projects which suck the free time out of your life. The folks in the office were typically pleasant to work with.

ConsSilo culture without a solid orientation program for new folks coming in. Not enough information about the daily details and a work breakdown structure of where to find vital information. People are held responsible for information without being told how to find that information. Management focuses more on how people are seen on a superficial level, and don't take the time to find out more about the skillset of the people they've hired so too many people stagnate in jobs where they could shine.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of focusing on the superficial look and demeanor of your employees, find out how they can help you make your company a stronger place to work. Create a mentoring program for new employees with a "daily tips" program which will help employees get a strong base of how everything is done on a daily basis and who to go to in order to get information.

Afraid of change.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are friendly, nice locations in North Carolina and Georgia.

ConsNo one can make a decision and even when they do it changes several times.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in new senior leadership that is forward thinking and action oriented to drive change.

Worked for Avery Dennison? Contribute to the Community!