Avis Budget Group

Avis Budget Group Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Avis Budget Group CEO Ron Nelson

Ron Nelson

Pros
  • Good benefits including sick days and paid vacation(in 16 reviews)

• It's a Union location and there is great benefits because of the Union(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management does NOT listen or care about the workforce(in 23 reviews)

• long hours with no overtime, bad weather means flight delays(in 20 reviews)

Handled reservations for customers and tried to upsell them

Rental Sales Agent (Former Employee) Albany, NY (US)

ProsFun atmosphere. Good training. Provides a lot of competition amongst employees to build character.

ConsCompensation is little. The structure of the bonus is terrible. Every rental counts even if you cant help it. Took a while to get paid for bonus and reimbursement.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter commission structure for each division.

Salary lacking & business practices questionable.

RSA (Former Employee)

ProsOffer non traditional hours for those needing that type of schedule. Physical work environment comfortable.

ConsSales practices promoted often cross ethical lines. Pay is poor which is probably what leads to the questionable sales ethics.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep an eye out on the practices of your operating units. It really was a surprise to see a reputable company undertake the practices I witnessed. Not sure if the sales practices promoted at my site are rampant but sales tactics supported by some managers are not ethical. I witnessed business practices that I would not call "sales" but a great example of "always read the fine print" of what you sign.

Stressful

ProsCo-workers for the most part are very friendly and helpful. The training program is very in depth and helpful. Keeps you busy so time goes by fast.

ConsManagement is never on the same page. You can be told you are doing great by several of them and then you basically suck by another. Different rules apply for different people. Moral since I have been here has gotten even worse.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet on the same page! Deal with issues brought to your attention and dont bury your head in the sand. It hurts moral and makes us that work for you feel not important.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Okay, no real room to grow in a career

ProsDiscount on car rentals that's the only perk. But you often can just catch a better deal through a travel site.

ConsTerrible scheduling. Upper management seems to not know, better yet doesn't have an ounce of a clue what takes place during each shift changes when it comes to operations. Seniority is a big deal, you will always get the short end of the stick when it comes to scheduling, vacation time and personal time off requests.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue. Your customers, especially many of your corporate "Avis First & Preferred" are rude & treat your employees like crap.

Many long days for little satisfaction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL (US)

ProsGreat co-workers
    Ability to travel to different locations

ConsLow pay
    Zero work-life balance
    Family atmosphere not for management employees

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people for the time and sacrifice they give everyday!

New Hire Point of View

ProsIt has been a great job, the people from managers to coworkers have been great from day one. After more than 20 years in customer service this is the best out of the gate job. It just feels like home and you are part of the team from the start.

ConsPay scale starts off low.

Just graduate college? Here you go!

ProsCompany car, free gas, lots of hours, fun environment!

ConsSuper busy, very stressful, no down time, lots of training that can get exhausting.

wonderful company

Rental Sales Agent (Current Employee) Newark, NJ (US)

Prosproduct knowledge and wonderful coworkers

ConsNo cons at all for the company

Advice to Senior Managementnone I can think of

New Hire

RSA (Current Employee) Myrtle Beach, SC (US)

ProsGood pay and benefits. Family is put first. Managers are very approachable and bend over backwards to help me.

ConsCan't think of any cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementCant think of any advice to give.

ABG is a great company and worthy of dedicated resources.

ProsAvis is a company that understands growth, change and both business and domestic people needs/requirements.

ConsPeople needs and requirements are extremely complex, as a result, maintaining continuity is not easy.

Advice to Senior ManagementRamp up quality control of all vehicles presented to the customer...

Worked for Avis Budget Group? Contribute to the Community!