BNY Mellon

Updated Jul 23, 2014

2.8 1,155 reviews

BNY Mellon Chairman, President and CEO Gerald Hassell

Gerald Hassell

Pros
  • I also get to work from home when needed, making the work life balance easier to handle(in 114 reviews)

• Many good benefits, however, management was not proactive in developing talent(in 60 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for GROWTH and the PAY SUCKS OVERALL(in 25 reviews)

• Disconnected senior management who don't communicate effectively (if at all) with the troops(in 46 reviews)

1,155 Employee Reviews

Staff turnover rates and cost cutting measures are having an impact staff morale

ProsFor a single person with no family this is a good place to work. The working hours can vary across the bank so try and join a team which has reasonable working hours. Management have been very supportive over the years and if you work hard they will reward you with opportunities to grow within the organization.

ConsPay: after speaking with ex colleagues who have left the bank it seems that the pay levels and benefits are not as good as our competitors.
    Work/life balance: varies across the bank but in the location I work the turnover rate is high and as a result our work life balance is poor.
    Technology is poor and requires major investment.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay: match the pay and benefits of our competitors.
    Training: invest heavily in the training of new and existing staff.
    Technology: invest in technology to improve productivity and reduce time consuming manual tasks.

Audit

Senior Auditor (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGood hours, nice people for the most part

ConsPoor compensation, raises and bonus are minimal at best, lots of favoritism, no career growth, unequal distribution of work, unprofessional behavior demonstrated by some members of the Management team, people tend to stay in the same jobs forever, lots of dead weight around

It has been an overall good place to work

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsSalary is great and they are good from promoting within. There is not a lack of work in most departments

ConsNot big in telecommuting people could use more flexibility and dedicated work from home or flex time that allows them an extra day off every other week

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more flexible on telecommuting and flex time when peoples location does not effect their job

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

You will learn a lot !!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)

ProsYou learn so much ! The managers are nice!

ConsIt will better fit you if you are someone in finance.

Best org to work

FIN Analysis (Current Employee) Pune (India)

ProsGood pay,work culture,Work life balance is good...

ConsNo Cons as per my view.........thanks

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should encourage the knowledge people..& throw out those who are not adding value despite hefty salary

It's OK

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL (US)

ProsGreat work/life balance in my department, but others differ.

ConsSlow or negative growth makes it difficult to advance. Compensation and benefits are nowhere near as good as they used to be.

Perfect Entry Level Accounting and Financial Analyst Position.

Senior Analyst (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

ProsLots of training, Income is low, Poor leadership.

ConsLots of Competition, Endless Non-stop working

Senior Programmer Analyst

Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)

Prosthe work was interesting but no chances of advancement

Consemployees always concerned about layoffs

Advice to Senior Managementpersonal growth is not encouraged

Opportunities if you look for them

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt's important to learn about other departments if you'd like to move around. You need to have connections to help you network

ConsEasy to become a subject matter expert and get pigeon-holed

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to associates

Not too shabby after years in outsourcing hell

Software Systems Specialist III (Current Employee) Pittsburgh, PA (US)

ProsSalary is fair, and workload is manageable. This company cares about work/life balance. I received a fairly average raise and bonus after my first year. Vacation, is awesome. I started with three weeks and will be up to 4 weeks of vacation after just 2 years! They are also willing to pay for training and have a good tuition program.

ConsThere is some bitterness amongst people who have been around since before the merger of BNY and Mellon. That can be a drag at times. Also, in my second year of employment the health care offering went WAY down hill! They had a PPO 100 my first year. Now they have these crappy high deductible plans. I’m having a kid this year and it going to cost some $$$.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of what you are doing is pretty good. There are some crack pots near the top but things aren’t all bad. Take better care of your people when it comes to health care and we’ll be ok.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!