BNY Mellon Reviews

2.8
1,232 Reviews

BNY Mellon Chairman, President and CEO Gerald Hassell
Gerald Hassell

Pros
  • I also get to work from home when needed, making the work life balance easier to handle (in 116 reviews)

• Many good benefits, however, management was not proactive in developing talent (in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • There is no room for GROWTH and the PAY SUCKS OVERALL (in 25 reviews)

• All the hard works we done are not appreciated by the senior management of the company (in 49 reviews)

More Highlights

remittance processor

Former Employee - Mail Process  in  Atlanta, GA (US)
    Former Employee - Mail Process in Atlanta, GA (US)

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

friendly,productin,quality,hard work,honest good working condition open communication etc the management co operative,better benefit also there,mangement is communicate the work changes,experienced work people can perform well

Cons

high performance work as a family quality is must management is current co operative,some productive work training there,benefit and bonus with productive,hard work ,honest,ethics,quality the employee value also motivate all

better benefit

I have enjoyed my time spent at BNY Mellon, just looking for the next professional step in my career development.

Current Employee - Client Service Associate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Client Service Associate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

My team I worked with was very encouraging and positive.

Cons

The health benefits were a disappointment when they switched to HSA.

Asset Servicing Shareholder Specialist

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Exposure to other departments in within the company
    Insight the Market and Mutual Funds
    Great place to learn about securities
    OVERTIME during tax season

Cons

High Turnover
    Low Pay
    very gloomy environment
    maximum supervision

pay more

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Step up your compensation game

Former Employee - Ops  in  New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Ops in New York, NY (US)

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Work/life balance, friendly people, 401k match

Cons

Too many levels of management, stimulating environments tough to come by, poor compensation

Pay someone

Benefits are good, but not much else.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Starting off you get 2 weeks of vacation, unlimited sick days, 7% match on your 401K, work-life balance is great, the atmosphere is very laid back. Most of the supervisors I've met and worked with have been young, friendly, and helpful.

Cons

It is expected that you take on more work but are rarely rewarded for it. The health insurance is a joke if you are somebody who has a medical condition and needs medical coverage. The pay is well below average for the area and raises are very tiny. This is a good place to start your career to gain experience, however the job is so specific I feel it won't help me advance my career. They are also making it much harder to move around within the company.

Could never assimilate myself completely in the office and did not enjoy the people I worked with nor the tasks at hand.

Former Employee - Accounting and Reporting Specialist I  in  Everett, MA (US)
    Former Employee - Accounting and Reporting Specialist I in Everett, MA (US)

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not much. Good health benefits but that is expected of a company this size. Free parking although it sucks in the freezing cold and bitter rain because it's above ground.

Cons

No free snacks, supplies are locked up in an unsafe wobbly cabinet, co-workers are depressed and unmotivated, very cheesy culture, smells old (the building has been there since the Cleveland cabinet), poor salary, unstructured, think I'm running out of space here. I can't really say that it's a bad place for everyone. A lot of people will be satisfied working here but they also like the punch in punch out career where incentives or actually learning is completely absent.

Management is abusive and condescending. No loyalty to their long serving employees (not that I was one of them), surprised mutinies haven't formed as a result.

Summer Technology Program

Former Employee - Summer Technology Intern  in  Nashville, TN (US)
    Former Employee - Summer Technology Intern in Nashville, TN (US)

I worked at BNY Mellon for less than a year

Pros

They really care about my development. High paying for a summer internship. Everybody that I worked with was extremely helpful and kind.

Cons

I didn't feel like I accomplished a significant amount. Also, some of the intern programming seemed a little irrelevant. I would have appreciated additional training and a more challenging project.

Check Services

Current Employee - Check Service Clerk  in  Pitts, PA (US)
    Current Employee - Check Service Clerk in Pitts, PA (US)

I have been working at BNY Mellon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great people to work with. Good healthcare and benefits. Very Diverse. Have 2 weeks paid vacation with 2 personal days.

Cons

Salary is very low especially for Pittsburgh. Can become very bored with little to no work. Over staffed. Training is very cut and dry only because work is not difficult.

Have less staff in each department. Therefore paying the employees more.

Re - hired in different dept. following layoff

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at BNY Mellon

Pros

Got grandfathered back to my old vacation allowance since I returned within one year. Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate.

Cons

Took a 40% pay cut. Slim pickings out there! Prohibited from working from home. Health insurance unbelievably expensive but that's true everywhere.

Find out who REALLY knows what each department is doing, down at the "worker bee" level and reward appropriately.

BNY Mellon Review

Former Employee - Senior Trust Administrator
    Former Employee - Senior Trust Administrator

I worked at BNY Mellon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits (medical/dental/vision); 401(k), ESOP; Hours are good; Some employees have a team-like attitude & good attitude to do their job

Cons

Workload can be heavy, stressful at times and may be expected to handle a load that is more than one person can do. Some new employees hired to do the job have no interest in learning the job & want to be told exactly what to do instead of taking the initiative to learn it. Experienced employees were laid off & replaced by new ones with no experience during a time when it may have been wiser if the experienced ones stayed.

Operating module was changed but it didn't seem to be working very well. Such as: New issues were taking too long to set up; Relationship Manager may not be doing their job which delayed new setup; CSD dept. didn't get all the info they needed when new issue closed or new setup not done in timely matter so debt service or principal payment was missed; department that did invoicing did not send out debt service invoices or did them wrong; CSMs were expected to do double the work with no admin assistance. Certain tasks from all offices were given to another group to do & those employees had no knowledge of the accounts or anything so things were missed.

When employees had to decide what role/dept. they wanted to be in under the new operating module upper management stated that it did not matter what role or city you were in. However, it did matter as in 2012 employees were told they would be laid off as location strategy was to close satellite offices & move certain positions to core cities. So management does not always communicate fully or truthfully about things that would affect employees' job.

Communicate more fully when changing things especially when it affects people's jobs and being laid off or not. Value experience employees more; state clearly and accurately how changes will affect people.

Worked for BNY Mellon? Contribute to the Community!