BP

BP Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

BP Group Chief Executive of BP Robert Dudley

Robert Dudley

Pros
  • The work environment is fairly relaxed in most cases and the work life balance is decent(in 111 reviews)

• Great environment and locations to work at Great pay and benefits as well as 401k(in 30 reviews)

Cons
  • Some position will require a lot of commitment, resulting work-life balance problem(in 19 reviews)

• The senior management is a bit of a joke, its like lions being led by donkeys(in 16 reviews)

Great place for process engineers to learn and develop

ProsWork-life balance is great, working 9 days in a fortnight

ConsOver complicated process, too difficult to get things done

Good if you've been around for a while or senior, frustrating in some ways for gen y employees

Analyst (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsReasonably competitive remuneration, great focus on work life balance and individual responsibility, very intelligent colleagues

ConsFeel for a young commercial side employee it is hard to see where you will be in 5 years or see a path to more senior/managerial levels. Career development is oft spoken of but I do not really see a focus, either implicitly or explicitly of creating opportunities for young people to advance past the grad program. Perhaps the nature on the business in Australia is for people to leave then return, but I enjoy the company and industry and would like to see a move to greater opportunities and value for younger workers outside of marketing or retail in commercial.

Advice to Senior ManagementFair remuneration, create opportunities both domestically and internationally for young people to be more involved in the success of the company. Need to change the culture yo one of execution, action sync innovation instead of feeling bound by process and being an also-ran in the market

Great employer, diverse opportunities

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsLarge org = diverse career opportunities

ConsRemuneration slightly lower than competitors but good benefits

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

enriching career

Store Manager (Former Employee) Perth, Western Australia

Prosthe training program is certified, internal promotion is highly regarded when job openings is in company.

Cons24/7 on call for management can take its toll on work/life balance

Its a great job to do...no tension about any thing....

Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) Merriwa

Prosits just a multi culturarl job...you will meet people from every single culture we have in this world.

Consin my experience from few months....no one wants to work night shifts...because of the night pay window...i dont think so that atleast our store needs it....sccording to me even sales are going down during this period just because of this...

Advice to Senior Managementthey must have to do something to make customer happy between 9pm to 6 am....

Nice, but can be better

Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) Canberra

ProsFriendly team, personal safety of work team and customers is always preferred

ConsNo real growth opportunities in addition to low compensation for managerial post

Challenging but rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Melbourne

ProsThe people I work with

ConsLack of understanding of how to manage data

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove available systems to allow efficient data management

BP is great company to work for

Project Engineer (Former Employee) Melbourne

ProsGood support for employees, reasonable pay and benefits, no expectation to work weekends. Provides quite a bit of variety for staff

ConsThe company changes direction every 1-2years and focus more on short-term gains than long-term value creation, also there is tolerance for systemic underperformance in some sections

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on operational excellence, worry less about fads or trendy issues (e.g. climate change etc) if it had done this, maybe deepwater incident would not have happened and company would be prospering better.

A great company to work for

Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsGreat pay, benefits, and opportunities for development. The people I worked with were professional and valued my thoughts and opinions. Overall BP has a very good culture.

ConsSome of BP's processes in their downstream segment are inefficient and can be frustrating, particularly their projects.

Enjoyed Job Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsChallenging and rewarding work. Management supported its employees and kept them informed with frequent "Town Hall" meetings.

ConsCompany exited out of solar manufacturing/development

Worked for BP? Contribute to the Community!