Baker Distributing

Be The First To
Add Photos

Carole J. Poindexter

Going,Going,Goooooooone

Service Center Manager (Former Employee)

ProsIt's was a job.......It used to be much better people actually came into work smiling

ConsToo many chiefs and not enough indians. This company is prime example of what happens when Wall Street meets contractors. Contractors could care less whether your traded on the stock market or not.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your experienced guys not your book smart people. Get rid of ALL of the VP Friends Club in Jacksonville and put people that have field experince in those positions. Remember having a degree does not mean your smarter it just means you completed courses Management in Jacksonville has done some people dirty i.e. firing managers that was blamed for sales but had no outside salesperson and very little help inside. They hold back the manager then blame it on Watsco when you complain to them.

I Use to love working Baker, not so much now.

COUNTER SALES (Current Employee)

ProsPay and benefits are OK.

ConsThey are turning the company in to telemarketers, and we know how much people like telemarketers.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are sick of sales, sales , sales everyday. Customers do not want us calling them everyday with new specials. We do work in the Hvac/r business and people don't have time to answer calls from us everyday. Focus more on employee development.

each department is different

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL (US)

Prossome managers were open to change others were not

Consour manager played good cop bad cop constantly

Advice to Senior ManagementStop playing favorites, listen to staff

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Baker Dist. is a good HVAC wholesale supply house that has branches and sister companies all over the country.

Territory Sales (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsI have enjoyed the freedom of my outside sales position in the Atlanta market. And I really enjoy the people I work with.

ConsAt times it feels like Baker is just too big. It can take a long time to get things done. There are too many VP's in the corporate office.

I in joyed working for this company!!

COUNTER SALES (Former Employee) Tulare, CA (US)

Prosmade lots of friends' enter acting with the tech. and customers..

Consdouble check your manager back ground! I know I would be still working for this company!!

Advice to Senior Managementneed to drug test your manager

Very few advancement opportunities.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFinancially strong corporation, with a long history in their business segment.

ConsPay below average with other companies in the industry.
    Too much focus on bottom line vs. employee development.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork to provide recognition to outstanding employees and foster involvement.

The worst of the worst

Service Center Manager (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL (US)

ProsIt is employment is about the only redeeming value this company has for it's employees

ConsUpper management gets brilliant ideas and pushes changes and then after a month or two looses interest for another huge brilliant idea from people so far out of touch with actual field level sales it is tragic.

Advice to Senior ManagementFire every single person in corporate and get people in these positions who have actual field level sales experience. Plus the old saying it takes money to make money. When constricting branches to save by running them so lean if one person calls in sick you only have one person at the branch is ridiculous.

Great place to work

Service Center Manager (Current Employee) Birmingham, AL (US)

ProsEasy computer system to learn and very good product line offering. Great customer retention also with great marketing backup. And great overall communication.

ConsCentral ordering through a distribution center by people who have no idea what your local stock levels should be. Limit of $250 for branch managers to buy goods without going through a buyer.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow branch managers more of a say in what their branch stocks and the levels of inventory. Also split up the larger zones into smaller ones.

Worked for Baker Distributing? Contribute to the Community!