Baldor Electric

Updated Jun 12, 2014

Baldor Electric President & CEO Ronald Tucker

Ronald Tucker

Overall Good Experience

Production (Current Employee) Fort Smith, AR (US)

ProsGood salary, good experience with fellow employees, and good steady work with no lay-offs.

ConsThe company has had a change in company values concerning departments relocating due to lower cost labor. Also, I was denied a promotion that was awarded to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow employees to be promoted and not to be kept in the same department/area because the employee shows greater work ethic than others in the department.

It isn't what is used to be!

Production Supervisor (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsThe pros of being an employee used to be the longevity, integrity, and devotion of the corporate officers towards their plant employees. But this has changed and not for the best.

ConsHaving knowledge isn't what management wants in their new hires. If you are an employee with seniority and you earned a degree, you will be told you do not have experience. Then you are asked to resign, or you are terminated. I have personally seen over thirty long time employees terminated upon completion of a degree.

Good company. Worked there for almost 10 years.

slitting line operator (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO (US)

ProsBenefits, profit sharing, above average pay. Stability, fair. Very safety conscious.

ConsManagement afraid to act on problem causing people. Needed air conditioning.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive some kind of incentive to those that work harder. One has limited reasons to put out more production.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Got terminated related to FMLA

Machinist (Former Employee) Kings Mountain, NC (US)

ProsLoved the job I was performing.

ConsManagement overlooked other people with issues while I was trying to the right thing by my family and lost my job because of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to investigate your plant management in Kings Mountain, NC.

management problems, bad temp to hire policy

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Westville, OK (US)

Prosclean work environment, decent facility

Consmanagement has a basic lack of understanding scheduling, manning and tooling. they also lack people management skills. takes a year or longer to go from temp to full time hire, pay for a temp is marginal. lots of overtime due to poor scheduling. no basic knowledge of parts per hour or other basic industrial production. temps get treated very poorly by management (temps are easily replaceable therefore they are not considered any kind of asset regardless of their knowledge and experience). they also don't care if a temp gets hurt on the job.

Advice to Senior Managementstart from scratch with your management team. revise your temp to hire policy. stop the good old boy way of thinking. the company could be very successful with the right leadership but will only make due until things change.

good company but.....

Machine Operator (Current Employee) Ozark, AR (US)

Prosgood equipment, clean work environment, stable work, company has stuck to no layoff policy in past

Constakes years to get on day shift, and work too many weekends during summer to keep up even though machines and building stations are just sitting and not being ran for entire shifts during the week.

Advice to Senior Managementpeople need 2 nights a week at home with family. Schedule overtime to keep areas fully staffed during the week, don't let machines, building stations sit unused and then have to work Saturday to make up.

good company but.....

Machine Operator (Current Employee) Ozark, AR (US)

Prosgood equipment, stable employment, they stand by their no layoff policy no matter how economy and demand is.

Constakes years to get on day shift, too many weekends during summer.

Advice to Senior Managementschedule more overtime during the week and keep machines running and building stations staffed on all three shift. Employees should have 2 nights off on the weekend to spend with family.

Baldor is a good company to get started but not long term

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) Flowery Branch, GA (US)

ProsGood culture, benefits, good benefits

ConsCompensation low and not much room for growth

Information Services Manager

IS Manager (Current Employee) Greenville, SC (US)

ProsAble to take care of family issues and work from home on occasion because I have a company laptop and phone.

ConsNo authority but all the responsibility of maintaining a plant infrastructure. Upper mgt sees IT as a liability not a business benefit

Advice to Senior ManagementPut people in upper management that has degree other than engineering. Different perspective is good.

Good factory job

Various Phases of Manufacturing (Former Employee) Fort Smith, AR (US)

ProsAir conditioning, non union, clean

ConsLots of 6 day work weeks to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrompt educated people to supervise your staff

Worked for Baldor Electric? Contribute to the Community!