Ball Corporation

John A. Hayes

Great place to be.

Golden, CO (US)

I have been working at Ball Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsMost of the employees make ball a wonderful place to work. Competitive pay and benefits are also nice.

ConsThe plant managers seem to be a little lacking in ability.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to employee welfare and the safety, quality, and numbers will follow.

Great Company

Program Manager (Current Employee)
Westminster, CO (US)

I have been working at Ball Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat culture, good wages, cares about the employees, great benefits.

ConsHR systems are lagging, leaving gaps in knowledgable workforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpdate succession planning systems, all the way down.

It was very hot, intense, over demanding work pace.

I worked at Ball Corporation as a contractor

ProsThe pay rate is higher than other, comparable low skill jobs.

ConsThe work pace is unreasonable and training is inadequate.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to rethink your lid packaging operation. There are too many manual operations involved.

Not bad, not great.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Ball Corporation as a contractor for less than a year

ProsWell funded, semi organized, stable business model as long as beer is being sold.

ConsPoor MARCOM vision, typically painful IT constraints and lack of leadership

Beware don't believe other reviews…

I have been working at Ball Corporation full-time for more than 8 years

ProsVery stable company with a long history of over 125 years. Great compensation and office buildings. The company has great benefits, most of the employees )are great, world class manufacturing facilities.

ConsThe company has no real corporate culture, but is trying to hang on to the culture of the past family management. There has been a great deal of turn over at the corporate offices in Colorado. The company is dominated by white males, thus very little diversity. Diversity is only a show, the Aerospace division is an exception to this rule.

The company is very fragmented, while some divisions are running well, the largest division in USA and Canada is not the place to be in. Most of the executive management in this division are new with big echos. They are more focused on changing employee base than real strategy. The finance area is the most concerning, and the entire department has turned over. The division finance and administration management are creating and seems to thrive on operating with a very unhealthy culture.  If you don't agree with management you will be fired, thus most management is new and entire departments are having high turn over in the rank and file over the last 2 years.

There is too much politics within the division, that coupled with executive management favoritism and upward mobility is not possible. You can only move around if a few in management like you. There is little or no employee development and engagement, it appears division management is basically carrying out employee cleansing, based on a private agenda.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to what's happening to your largest division, it's management, culture and employee moral. If you don't act now this division under current management will destroy this great company from within.

Pressman/Coater Operator

Pressman/Coater Operator (Former Employee)
Elgin, IL (US)

I worked at Ball Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsVery good wages,good people to work with.

ConsManagement did not know anything about printing that's why they closed the plant!!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHire management that knows whats going on!!!!!!!!

Company used to be much better under old management.

I worked at Ball Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood pay and head office benefits.

ConsPoor management at both head office and at the plants.

Very Generous Company

I have been working at Ball Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBall offers a very generous compensation and benefits package. The company provides ample development opportunities for those who are willing to put in the work. Ball is very generous in its charitable giving in the communities where it operates. The company has been around a long time and is built on a history of success. There is very low turnover at the company which speaks highly of the culture.

ConsA large company where underperformers can get lost. It's low turnover can also be seen as a negative in that ideas and policies remain a bit stagnant over time.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone, keep up the good work.

One of the best companies in the USA

Industrial Electrician (Current Employee)
North Tampa Heights, FL (US)

I have been working at Ball Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood wages. Heavy emphasis on Safety. Production work is four days on four days off, 12 hours a day 6 to 6. Ball has many operations all over the world, to include Aerospace.

ConsHigh noise level. Monthly rotating shifts from days to nights. Very hot on the production floor. It IS Florida! This information applies to the Tampa plant only.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep turnover to a minimum.

a great co-op experience

I worked at Ball Corporation as an intern

ProsI really enjoyed working here. There was a lot of work and business travel for an engineering co-op, a lot more than I expected I would do. I liked the engineer I reported to because he would explain what he wanted done and then let me go work on it until it needed approval or until I had a question. Also, the general atmosphere was great and everyone was very nice.

ConsThere really were no cons because it was a great experience for an engineer still in school and allowed me to learn a lot.

Worked for Ball Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ball Corporation reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Ball Corporation CEO John A. Hayes. All 26 reviews are posted anonymously by Ball Corporation employees.