Bang & Olufsen Reviews

15 reviews filtered by
2.8
Tue Mantoni

1. Product Specialist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I worked at Bang & Olufsen

Pros

Amazing sound and design. Passionate about quality.

Cons

Somewhat proprietary in nature, needs more compatibility.

Advice to Management

Diversify!

2. Sales Specialist

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Bang & Olufsen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get paid to play with some of the most beautiful and well made products in the world. Selling a product the customer not only wants, but in many cases lusts for. Most days I would look forward to going to work.

Cons

Working on weekends and holidays. Very hard to earn more without fully giving up your life. If you don't work weekends and holidays, the times your target customer is in the showroom, you can't expect to maximize your sales potential. Hard to spend any significant quality time with your family.

Advice to Management

I cultivated many leads doing a fair amount of outside prospecting. There were quite a few instances where a customer would ask for me on my day off, yet the salesman helping them would take the entire commission for themselves. I repeatedly brought this to the attention of management. In most cases the offending salesman would be chastised yet the behavior kept persisting. Worse yet, the commission was rarely ever reversed. "Its too complicated, we'll make it up to you" The lost commissions were never "made up to me" Protect those who do those extra things to succeed.

3. Fun, but with no possibility to get education

Current Employee - Test Consulent in Struer (Denmark)
    Current Employee - Test Consulent in Struer (Denmark)

I have been working at Bang & Olufsen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Well. You have free hands a lot of the way, to form your work situation like you wan't it. There is a lot of new tech. so you are always facing cool products

Cons

You can't "grow" in B&O, I've been working there for 7 years, without opportunity to go develop my education, due to cost.
    Projects are starting as "great" but goes to "okay" because off budget cuts.
    The last years I've had to "deffend" B&O, every time i talk with someone and they find out I'm from B&O
    Firering rounds 1-2 times every year (for the last 7 years)

Advice to Management

Spend money in your staff. invest in HR, people working for B&O Struer are getting mad, because they work like hell for the company, but is never thanked, and doesn't evolve

5. I have 9 years experience with B&O repairs & installation.

Current Employee - Senior Service Engineer in New Delhi (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Service Engineer in New Delhi (India)

I have been working at Bang & Olufsen full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked for B&O. Cos B &O Has technology & innovation, which other company does not have

Cons

When I start work,i don't see the hurdles.

Advice to Management

Not now

Modern Age Slavery

I worked at Bang & Olufsen (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free beer and bagels at the corporate office

Cons

Abysmal company morale, oppressively stressful working environment and nightmarishly complicated procedures for what should be basic everyday tasks. Constantly at the receiving end of complaints and insults from pretentious and obnoxiously materialistic customers with no grasp or concern for the other 99.99% of the world.
    Frivolously wasteful, offensively self aggrandizing and needlessly exclusive company culture focused on generally unattainable products and overly complex methods and procedures that ultimately do not matter to anyone anywhere outside of the ultra weathy clients that more often than not get treated with disrespect from store employees.
    With the exception of several people in this company I have never experienced such a terrible culture or uncomfortable working environment. This job made me so irritable, negative and unapproachable that my family hates the fact that I worked there for so long.
    Additionally, the overpriced, supposedly cutting edge top-of-the-line products are literally garbage. It is shocking how many materials get wasted, how un-user-friendly the equipment is and how many clients have negative experiences with B&O.
    Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Advice to Management

Terminate the staff. Seriously. Fire everyone to liberate the countless emotionally trapped and mentally shackled employees from this modern age slavery.

Upper Management Completely Willing to Throw Away Top Salespeople

I worked at Bang & Olufsen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Customers and the product plain and simple. They make beautiful products which are unrivaled anywhere else in the marketplace, its too bad the American management and President are so out of touch with the ones who sell them.

Cons

You can be the top producer for years (I was) and barely get a "thank you", and when you get harassed or yelled at by management, HR does nothing to help you. It's a good old boys network. If you've been there more than 20 years you are an "asset". If you haven't they throw you out, no matter how much money you bring in.

Advice to Management

When you have District Managers who are consistently getting complaints from employees and customers alike, and they have a record of losing stores (two stores within 6 months after taking them over?) you need to cut them loose. You are doing a company with a wonderful pedigree an extreme disservice. They are only an "asset" to your competitors.

8. Equipment sales, creating system designs and executing system installations while consulting on marketing matters.

Former Employee - Installation Specialist in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Installation Specialist in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Bang & Olufsen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with superior technology, understanding the cost and logistics of installing electronic components within many different types of structures, both residential and commercial.

Cons

Working with Bang and Olufsen America to coordinate product orders, delivery, product defects, marketing material and event planning.

Advice to Management

Make changes to personnel at Bang and Olufsen America, the new president is a great start. Keep going.

9. Stimulating, challenging, instructive

Former Employee - Managing Director in Milan (Italy)
    Former Employee - Managing Director in Milan (Italy)

I worked at Bang & Olufsen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Culture, company values, brand involvement

Cons

Not open to change, conservative management, centralization

Advice to Management

Listen more to markets feedbacks

10. Totally out of touch with their customers

I worked at Bang & Olufsen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The product developers have high ideals.

Cons

Total arrogance with regards to customer concerns.

Advice to Management

Wake up and listen to your clients, you do certain things so well.
    If you do not listen to your customers you WILL go bust.
    Forget BeoPlay and concentrate on your core values and please look after your franchisees, as at the moment they seem so de-motivated when I visited them.

Excellent company and products

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Reading, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Reading, England (UK)

I worked at Bang & Olufsen full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great head office and training facilities along with the most beautiful products in the world. Iconic brand that is a joy to be part of.

Cons

Can be a bit all encompassing and takes over your life at the expense of family and friends. It is all about Bang & Olufsen and not what other competitors do which can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

People always come first

Bang & Olufsen Photos