Bank of America Reviews

6,343 Reviews

Bank of America President & CEO Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan
2,685 Ratings

Pros
  • Excellent work life balance including remote work from home for certain positions (in 352 reviews)

• Great coworkers, good work /life balance they let a lot of people work from home (in 195 reviews)

Cons
  • Sexism; old BFF network; little work life balance, but they gave lip service to it (in 138 reviews)

• Lack of communication from upper management with regards to procedure changes (in 162 reviews)

More Highlights

A truly global universal bank

Current Employee - Vice President  in  Sydney
    Current Employee - Vice President in Sydney

I have been working at Bank of America full-time

Pros

Globally connects all product groups to deliver value to clients

Cons

Needs to fix integration of different areas within the bank

Stay the course. Greater things are still ahead.

Great Experience

Former Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Denver, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Denver, CO (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Outstanding benefits, the health insurance packages were incredible. The company has a great understanding for personal emergencies - I had taken maternity leave (12 weeks paid), and soon after returning to work my husband was in a major accident and on life support. BoA has an employee family benefit where they will hold your position in qualifying medical emergencies such as this, although unpaid (since my fmla had been used for the year). I'm grateful to have had such an understanding company and management team as a support in such a scary time.

Cons

Lack of career growth opportunity, feeling like a spec in a crowd.

A bank with a conscience - hard to find

Current Employee - Vice President  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Vice President in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than a year

Pros

They offer many opportunities for everyone to succeed - it's then down to the individual to make the most of them and shine. Work-life balance is encouraged, although with current initiatives to streamline processes, workload demands and expectations are high. Turn this into your advantage and take on these challenges and you will shines. Mobility within the organisation is well supported.

Cons

Many challenges to be met in terms of the drive to become best in class. Salaries are not bad, but not the highest for investment banks in the UK. Benefits package is part of your salary rather than in addition, but is widely accepted as being the most tax efficient in the UK.

Help avoid all the fire drills and consider the impact that last minute "urgent" demands for data actually has on the staff providing it...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place with Lots of Exposures

Current Employee - Summer Intern  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Current Employee - Summer Intern in Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Bank of America as an intern for less than a year

Pros

BAML generally has a very good reputation in the industry. They hire state-of-the-art elites in the industry. The internship program is very structured. As an intern, we have a number of chances to talk to senior managers to know better about various lines of business.

Cons

It does not hire a lot of people.

BOA

I have been working at Bank of America

Pros

Great benefits and low out of pocket costs

Cons

Federal regulations hard to work within

Good company to work for.

Current Employee - Teller  in  Bakersfield, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Teller in Bakersfield, CA (US)

I have been working at Bank of America part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very good benefits for part-time associates.

Cons

Management can ask too much of employees sometimes.

Amazing Employer!!! However, stuck in a position I loathe.

Current Employee - Customer Marketing Specialist
    Current Employee - Customer Marketing Specialist

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Health Benefits, 401K match up to 5% plus an additional discretionary 2%, career growth for performers, associate friendly almost to a fault, Child Care Reimbursement, 3 weeks vacation, most department have a great work life balance, very involved in the community, great affinity for military and veterans, genuine when it comes to Customer Service, and much more!!!

Cons

Lower pay compared to the other big 3. Pushy tactics for credit card products customer don't want or need. I've been with BofA for a long time and have worked in several great departments, this one is torture. Transfer you say? Nope, BofA has a one year time in role policy so you are stuck, managers can veto this rule but not in this department. Schedule is not family friendly, you have one of two choices 6AM-3PM or 1PM to 10PM with odd days off. You will require access to a dozen or so programs during calls yet this is one of the only departments that only uses one computer monitor per PC making your job much more laborous.

I genuinely love Bank of America, I have had great success and have been recognized throughout my career with you. However please revisit the time in policy for lower band positions, this department is arrogantly dismissive about management exceptions to post out ( I literally heard a manager on the floor tell one of his team associates who requested an exception and who is commuting over 45 miles each way say " Ask yourself this? Have we received a return on our investment from you?" so demoralizing ), please consider the employee who enjoys performing for the bank but feels utterly stuck in a position they are not happy in.

Solid Company

Current Employee - Senior Operations Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Consultant

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company has great employee networks and self training tools. They have a great program call MyWork that allows employees (depending on the type of work you do) to work from home full time or partial. Banking privileges are sweet too.

Cons

The pay scales are kept secret. You are not allowed to discuss salary or bonuses. When you apply for a position you don't know the pay range. Many times you end up being offered a position and without an increase because the your current salary is considered to be within 'range' of the position you applied for. Lower level employees are not eligible for end of year bonuses. They can only receive salary increases.

Provide people with the knowledge of the true position expectations and pay range so that they can make an informed decision. There is nothing worst than going through the interview process and only to find out that your salary is too much for the position you are being offered. While many are willing to move for the same pay for new experiences, a lot of people look for promotions to increase their base salary and/or bonus.

Diverse experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

I have been working at Bank of America full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Financial Institution with broad and deep services which allows a wide range of career paths. Competative pay, average bonus.

Cons

Work life balance can be a challenege, and leadership has a tendancy to hire from outside rather than promote from within a far amount of the time.

Better leverage internal talent.

Able to teach a corporate view of banking

Former Employee - Banking Center Manager II  in  Allentown, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Banking Center Manager II in Allentown, PA (US)

I worked at Bank of America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Ability to move within the organization and grow. Some flexibility and the benefit package is expansive. Plenty of opportunity to learn

Cons

Time balance is sometimes questionable. Also there were question as to how to grow within the organization. Hard work did not always equal promotions

More clarity and life work balance

Worked for Bank of America? Contribute to the Community!