Banner Health

Updated 4 October 2014
3.3

Banner Health President and CEO Peter S. Fine
Peter S. Fine

Pros
  • multiple locations, large system, good benefits, good pay, opportunity for advancement (in 17 reviews)

• Everyone helped each other to maintain excellent patient care (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • patient care that, but it does not trickle down from direct care providers (in 16 reviews)

• High expectations and little support from upper management (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Poor management

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Greeley, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Greeley, CO (US)

I worked at Banner Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Salary was all I miss. Very poor management.

Cons

Poor management, favoring of outgoing and chatty people. Quiet yet very hardworking people will not exceed standards. Management in the laboratory I worked in did not enforce rules fairly or evenly. Chronically late employees were able to exceed standards if they were popular.

Nurse Staffing Services

Current Employee - RN, Prn in Greeley, CO (US)
    Current Employee - RN, Prn in Greeley, CO (US)

I have been working at Banner Health (more than an year)

Pros

Many friendly people depending where you work and quite a few employees that have worked for Banner for years. Working prn is nice for life balance and staffing department employees are helpful. Good orientation and most employees willing to work together and help each other if needed. Computer systems are user friendly. Good communication by most and generally a very good work culture. Clean, well maintained facilities and you have the supplies you need to do your job.

Cons

There arent always prn shifts to fill. Friendly to your face personality types stick out and unfortunately most of them have a position where they are in charge or have authority over others. There's a lot of competition for a few job openings so you better like staying where you are. If you do get a regular job, its likely a lateral move, except for the hours. Degrees and certifications are everything so forget about your experience- just keep your pocketbook out and forget about any life you thought you had outside of school.

BigCorporateHealthCare its all about the money honey

Former Employee - Clinical Management in Greeley, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Clinical Management in Greeley, CO (US)

I worked at Banner Health full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice local staff, ok salaries

Cons

Tyrants running the show at headquarters in AZ. Unbelievable. Turnover is huge, and they are walking RN's out, increasing ratio's, hiring non clinical staff and foreign nurses to fill spaces to save money. Was told AZ hates RN's, they are offering 10K sign on bonuses in AZ for RN's but are being blackballed by the RN's there because of there reputation. Yeah there quality numbers look good, but I question data. Don't care about employee's, your lucky to have a job. Benefits suck, tell you they pay for school and they employer match, and then tell you after they hire you that it takes a year. Its tuff out there, but stay clear, they are creating an artificial RN shortage so they can justify cheap foregin nurses. Gross. Run RN's!

You are top heavy. Read the book flattening the pyramid, or lean out your fat cat corporate office. When I saw clinical people being layed off for "optimization" and you are flying corporate people to arizona for christimas parties? Have some integrity, get rid of the chronic employee abusers. I think you have more lawyers than clinical people, think your going to need them. See how your patient satisfaction scores look after people can't understand their nurses. Really the absolute worst. Shame on you. Its like the 70's fat cat club at headquarters. UNIONIZE RN'S!

I love what I do and I have a wonderful team to work with.

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Greeley, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Greeley, CO (US)

I have been working at Banner Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

My immediate manager is a great person, a good therapist and is in touch with his staff, he trusts his staff and is supportive. Upper management has shown good efforts to listen and respond to staff input.

Cons

Healthcare is changing and reimbursement is changing, cutting costs is rough at times and not always done in pretty ways.

keep your decisions/plans as transparent as possible and share this with staff on all levels so we can support those decisions at the base and work together.

Great Place!

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Greeley, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant in Greeley, CO (US)

I have been working at Banner Health part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great communication among the staff.

Cons

There are not any cons to this job that I have encountered.

Keep up the good work!

Banner used to be a great place to work

Current Employee - Medical Sonographer in Greeley, CO (US)
    Current Employee - Medical Sonographer in Greeley, CO (US)

I have been working at Banner Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Baner seems to keep up with salary compensation
    They have a nice mission and vision statement

Cons

It seems that the mission and vision statements are simply that
    Banner Health shows little respect for their employees

Big corporation with big problems.

Former Employee - Network Analyst in Greeley, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Network Analyst in Greeley, CO (US)

I worked at Banner Health

Pros

It used to be the people until the corporation took over. The medical plan is expensive but it's great coverage. They have an onsite gym and cafe. They have an onsite coffee shop that sells gourmet coffee. The facilities are well kept and constantly being updated which is typical in hospitals.

Cons

In Greeley it's all about who you know, not what you know. There are some real bad directors that should be removed. The pay grades aren't consistent across the regions. People in AZ are promoted and paid a lot more. The Greeley IT Directors make up role summaries to fit their friends. They set the bar very high and require nice to have qualifications. The AZ IT staff gets praised and promoted for jobs well done not for passing a Microsoft test.

Clean house. Create lines of communication between the AZ HR and Colorado employees. Complaints don't make it to AZ. The locals all watch out for each other and look the other way at bad management skills.