www.baxter.com

Baxter Reviews

Updated 19 December 2014
Updated 19 December 2014
3.3

Baxter Chairman and CEO Robert L. Parkinson Jr.
Robert L. Parkinson Jr.

Pros
  • The company is flexible with your work/ life balance (in 24 reviews)

• Good benefits, decent salary, flexibility is good but can be better (in 31 reviews)

Cons
  • Reluctant to change with the times (technology), work life balance is a struggle (in 23 reviews)

• upper management does not grasp the daily struggles that the frontline representatives go through (in 17 reviews)

More Highlights

You are just a number

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Tacoma, WA (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Tacoma, WA (US)

I have been working at Baxter full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ok pay ok benefits. ... love the costumers, you feel like you can make a difference in someone's life and are there to make them as comfortable as possible

Cons

Too much red tape , safety can be put on the back burner , can't route , will eat you up and spit you out .... If my boss would have listened to me about ssafety my life wouldn't be where it is now ... Wish he could feel a portion of the pain I feel make make them think twice about how to operate. ...

Listen to your employees , if you have never done the job they do take a day a try it out.... care about safety and after someone gets hurt it wouldn't hurt to atleast act like you care

Horrible Experience as a Contractor

Former Employee - Quality Associate I in Round Lake, IL (US)
    Former Employee - Quality Associate I in Round Lake, IL (US)

I worked at Baxter as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

the training was very quick but the trainers were extremely nice, approachable, and always willing to help

Cons

they want you to learn the information as quick as possible negatively impacting the quality of your work, very intense stressful work environment

training should be taken more into consideration as everyone learns differently and taken into consideration that quality of work should be important,

Great location, but not-so-good employee benefits

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I worked at Baxter full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Plant located near MRT station, ease of access.
    Baxter has company share purchase policy, which is good to invest part of salary back into company, to earn dividend and also additional commitment to company's success.

Cons

HR policy of BioScience plant was aligned to Medical Delivery plant. The disparity between the two manufacturing plant led to poor employee benefits, compared to other biopharmaceutical plants in Singapore.

Need to improve on the Quality Management System, especially for a GMP facility.

Recent employee

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I have been working at Baxter full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Mostly full time employee worldwide

Cons

Too scattered campuses around the nation

I have been working at Baxter

Pros

General stock and job stability

Cons

Technology and infrastructure is behind.

Rewarding Job, but Bad Management, Over-stressed work schedule, Not a Family oriented company!

Former Employee - Repair Tech Service Department in Medina, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Repair Tech Service Department in Medina, NY (US)

I worked at Baxter full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

That I actually worked on products that saves lives! My Dad was on IV Infusion Pumps many times before he passed. A few managers really cared about the pump. Not many though!

Cons

Schedules, having kids that play sports.Special treatment to employees. Management that would force you to work when emergency family Medical issues happened. My family member was bed-ridden and I was needed to help FORCED TO WORK longer hours,not able to help care for my family member, when we knew he only had a few months to live-VERY UPSETTING! Also employees had school bus issues, and forced us to work Saturdays leaving kids home alone. Threaten you with losing your JOB! Too many young Managers. Untrained and non-caring employees repairing pumps, not following the FDA worksheet instructions-skipping steps-we called it to get more pumps done and make themselves-LOOK GOOD! Job Postings that would not be filled, and not allowed to leave the Repair Dept. Always changing repair processes too much, this week one way, next week, another way. What if the FDA found out this was happening? Management don't recognize the employees who worked the hardest all day, not socializing, or hiding in the bathroom on their cell phones.

Manager's should at least be older and more mature candidates. They should know how to talk to employees, respect that everyone has family and lives outside of work. They call that WORK-LIFE-BALANCE! Get rid of that STUPID prize wheel, and stop nominating the same lazy people every month. Thank the employees who care and are their to work!!!! They are the ones who care about the product, what it will do in the field- help someone or Fail-and Kill someone maybe.

Overall okay experience, this department leaves much to the imagination about corporate jobs.

I have been working at Baxter

Pros

decent pay for the job description

Cons

management has poor communication and the department is not run by those with business backgrounds.

learn to communicate effectively with your staff. Encourage career development. Learn from other departments that have business personnel in charge. Learn to actually MANAGE people.

Pleasant Experience

Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Deerfield, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Deerfield, IL (US)

I have been working at Baxter full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits options, talented people to work with, easily accessible by Metra, good work life balance

Cons

While there are great career growth opportunities, it depends on how involved your manager is, and you have to own your development path.

Needs more transparency to lower ranking people

Site Management is short sighted, company is good and products are great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Thousand Oaks, CA (US)

I worked at Baxter full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

great company and lots of growth potential with good compensation. Most people are wonderful to work with and there is a culture of collaboration. Corporate support is great!

Cons

New site leadership is changing the culture and the environment is becoming a toxic. Many feel like it's management by fear and they are losing good employees quickly. This is creating high turnover. This not the case at all sites, but it is the case at the Thousand Oaks site.

Be open to views other then your own.

Too much process overhead

Former Employee - Project Manager in Englewood, CO (US)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Englewood, CO (US)

I worked at Baxter full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good tools and good people

Cons

Too many processes that don't add value to the job that needs to be done.