Bear Transportation

Updated Nov 07, 2013

Be The First To
Add Photos

Andy Pierce, CTB

My experience with Bear Transportation, although it was tough, is invaluable.

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)
Farmers Branch, TX (US)

I worked at Bear Transportation full-time for more than a year

ProsMy teammates were some of the greatest to work with. If work got behind, there was always someone that could help you get caught up.

ConsWhile my teammates were a joy to work with, management was a different issue. They were only concerned with the bottom line, not losing customers, and the consumption of alcohol.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication with your employees and contractors is paramount to good business. Customers, current and potential, can hear happy workers on the phone.

Confused management...

Expediter (Former Employee)

I worked at Bear Transportation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsNot many pros to list...

ConsManagement picks favorites. No room for growth whatsoever.

Terrible. I got harassed frequently and nothing was done about it.

Logistics (Former Employee)
Plano, TX (US)

I worked at Bear Transportation full-time for less than a year

ProsI loved what I did, but you were set up for failure.

ConsI never had a direct relationship with my supervisor and was trained poorly. I was also verbally harassed by everyone around me and made coming to work unbearable. There was some sort of retraining done but when asked to be put in another position they declined.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot even sure what to say.

Downward Spiral

I have been working at Bear Transportation full-time

ProsIf you can survive you will learn a tremendous amount about the industry, but it will be all self taught through trail and error. Earning potential is high. There are good people here.

ConsLeadership at the top is dismal, direction of the company is unclear, and advancement can only be made if you are friends with the owner of the company, who you will never meet. President and Directors are one recorded 'meeting' away from a lawsuit. If you can't stand being cursed at and insulted regularly, don't work here. The wrong people are in charge, and the most tenured management are not making the decisions anymore.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your earners, Promote people who have stayed at your company, or they will leave.

On the right path.

I have been working at Bear Transportation full-time for more than 3 years

ProsEarning potential at Bear is limited only by one's effort and ability. Recent investments in organizational structure, training, and culture have made a positive impact on moral. The software and reporting tools to assist sales associates are a big help.

ConsWhile the company offers framework of support, it is not a cakewalk. You will have earned your way if you succeed in this field.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in your people and in the company's infrastructure

The sky is the limit

I have been working at Bear Transportation full-time for more than 10 years

ProsBear is 30 plus years old and has developed some wonderful tools that allow their brokers to maximize their earning potential. The company supplies administrative help to brokers who generate more work than they can personally handle.

ConsYou eat what you kill - If you don't work you will not make any money. This is not a place to work if you are lazy or not motivated by money.

Advice to Senior Managementstay the course

Potential to make good money if you're willing to sacrifice a life outside of Bear

Logistics Account Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Bear Transportation

ProsOnce promoted to commission pay is great. Learned a tremendous amount about the transportation industry quickly. You wont have LIFE

ConsBenefits are HORRIBLE..Training is pretty much figure it out on your own with no help from divisional managers. Moral is horrible. Very unprofessional workplace.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more of an interest in developing new employees. Stop treating employees as though they aren't good enough for you

Bear Transportation

I have been working at Bear Transportation

ProsLearn negotiating skills and transportation industry quickly

ConsCan't always get the vacation requested, poor benefits (health insurance), hard to get on commission, favoritism is shown

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

good experience

Account Manager (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX (US)

I have been working at Bear Transportation

Prosnice facility, updated software and phones, training, my manager is laid back, as long as you work hard and make money you won't have bosses breathing down your neck. Uncapped earning potential.

Consbenefits aren't great, if you don't know about transportation-the industry is very cut throat and makes it hard to take vacation time, takes time to build business.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt seems like the DM's are always in meetings- it would be nice to share with everyone what decisions you guys are making for the company.

It can work

I have been working at Bear Transportation

ProsYou can make a lot of money with this company. However, it's not for everyone. Be ready to make a minimal amount of money for a while but if you put in the work, you will get the results.

ConsThe benefits are horrible. The company morale is not great. Since the company has grown so much, they should do more for the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet feedback on department managers and meet with your employees to see where they are from a business standpoint. Let them know directly what is to be expected.

Worked for Bear Transportation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Bear Transportation reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Bear Transportation CEO Andy Pierce, CTB. All 10 reviews are posted anonymously by Bear Transportation employees.