Best Buy

3.3 5,444 reviews

Best Buy CEO Hubert Joly

Hubert Joly

(1,677 ratings)

Pros
  • Finally the employee discount is one of the best I have ever seen or heard of (in 681 reviews)

• Most of the people know what they are talking about and fun to work with (in 108 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance only exists under quality General Management which is rare (in 165 reviews)

• The pay was low, even for full time employees that have been there for a long time (in 163 reviews)

More Highlights
5,444 Employee Reviews

Best Buy was an amazing 14 year journey as a Regional Competitive Specialist. My network greatly expanded.

Regional Competitive Specialist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA (US)

ProsAmazing people to work around. Great learning opportunities with this company.

ConsUnfortunately over the past 5 years, the cut backs have allowed them to lose some amazing employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs much as I still LOVE Best Buy.. Unless you are a General Manager inside a store, there is no security of a job.

Great Company to work for.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Hialeah, FL (US)

ProsFlexible schedule. Good co-workers.

ConsLow pay, Work on weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was always nice and cared about the team.

Frontlane Operations Specialist

Prosgreat company, great management, a lot of room to grow within company

Constraining, perks, low compensation for a lot of hours

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great place to begin a career

ProsGreat co workers and lots of product info.

ConsTerrible schedules and last minute changes.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore product rraining.

Steady Work

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Aurora, CO (US)

ProsManagers are usually willing to work with scheduling conflicts and help ensure employees were happy. Always fun and great benefits with discount and only other benefits if Full Time

ConsHave to be full time to qualify for benefits. Pay not the greatest but still competitive for the job field.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time

Low pay, but you will learn a lot as long as you apply yourself.

Sales Lead (Current Employee) Edison, NJ (US)

ProsA fun place to work, and could be a career option if you are looking to excel in retail industry. I like the way the company treats its employees and supports them. They have a good pay structure for someone out of high school and working through college.

ConsManagement isn't the best. Some have earned their right to be a manager by experience, but don't have the qualifications from a 4 year institution. A lot of Favoritism in the company also.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire smarter, and pay better.

Great development on my skill set.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat co-workers and good starting pay. I worked here for almost six years and was able to switch departments and get a pay increase without a problem.

ConsBest Buy as a whole constantly went through reconstruction. Some of the best managers and supervisors that I've ever had were laid off left to right.

Hours were based on performance. The number of reward zone and credit card sign ups would correlate with how many hours you got if you're t full-time.

Upper management would often stress about being strict on re-stocking fees(no longer exists) and other return and exchange policies but override in front of customers without reiterating the policy making you as an employee seen like an incompetent jerk.

Home Theater Associate

Home Theater Sales Associate (Former Employee) Waterford, MI (US)

ProsA lot of great people to work with, never ending supply of new technology to learn, had a good discount on merchandise.

ConsVery little upward mobility, they would be willing to let you switch departments and learn more but not willing to let you move up the ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure you value good employees they will work very had as long as you come through on promises made. Stop telling employees if they do certain things they will be promoted. If you can't or won't come through for your employees when they do what you ask of them, they lose a lot of faith in you and the company.

Good Company for a first Job

PCHO Lead (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE (US)

ProsLearning how to conduct sales, manage client systems, and perform analysis. This was a perfect first job for someone interested in the field of technology with a sales slant.

ConsOverbearing management, ineffective scheduling, lack of ability to advance in the company.

great employee experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosemployee experience and training were outstanding

Conswork life balance and no holidays

Worked for Best Buy? Contribute to the Community!