Bleu Marketing Solutions

bleumarketing.com

Bleu Marketing Solutions Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not worth your blood, sweat and tears. There are way too many agencies in SF to chose from, don't settle for less.

Media (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsYour peers are generally good people, you get to work on several aspect of media campaigns due to small and nimble teams. Client roster is okay, good way to start in the business

ConsMain cons would be the exec staff. Concur with all the other negative reviews. Pay, work ethics, not a good resume builder.

Not sure where the 5 stars reviews come from...

Good place to work at.

Analyst (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood working atmosphere, similar background.

ConsCould do with a higher salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore office amenities.

A small agency with big clients

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsBleu marketing is great if you are relatively inexperienced. With the small company size, everyone gets to work on a variety of projects, build new skills and explore what interests them. Many people have started off as interns and have grown into full-time employees and moved further up the ranks in the field of their choice. All employees do not end up working on one client performing one task over and over.

The client work is varied and challenging. The integrated campaigns pull together strategy, media, print design, digital design, traditional advertising, code development, and analytics that are all produced by a team in-house. Nothing is farmed-out. We own the work.

The location is nice—in a victorian at Union & Fillmore in San Francisco. A lot of shopping, dining and transportation options are right here.

ConsBeing in a small company means everybody interacts with everybody. You can't hide at your desk from the CEO or the other members of your team. Also, the deadlines are tight and the clients are demanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more open dialogue with the staff to ease the stress level when the demands are high.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ditto, avoid at all costs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsBig clients, nice part of town

ConsThe owner creates a a chaotic and stressful atmosphere which reflects the owner's personality. It's not organized, respectful or efficient and the directives change daily. Checks and balances usually present in business environments do not apply here. You will be miserable unless it's your first job and you don't know any better.

An awesome agency!

Client Services (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros• I work as an intern at Bleu Marketing and I this is why I love this agency. If you want to get involved in interesting projects with big clients it's an excellent choice.

• Bleu's employees are also awesome and it's a pleasure to wake up every morning and work with them. We regularly go out together! This detail shows a certain form of agency culture: we feel involved, we have similar goals and values.

• Bleu's employees are very talented and highly skilled. They have incredible analytical, creative, and oratory skills. As an intern I learn a lot of things with them. I have never felt so positively stimulated at work and it is mainly due to the work atmosphere.

• All these reasons make me want to stay at Bleu because I am deeply convinced that this agency is full of potential, notably thanks to an orientation towards new technologies.

• Since its creation in 2001, the agency keeps growing and this is a sign of its ability to evolve in the splinternet era based on digital content. It is also a sign of quality management. All the departments play an important role in this constant growth, from the design studio to the client services, including the IT and the Business Development departments.

• The agency is located in a peaceful and extremely nice area (Marina/Cow Hollow) where you have plenty of good restaurants, bars and cafes.

• Bleu Marketing is not one of these big agencies where you feel like a cog in a machine. It is a workplace where you constantly interact with your peers, a place where you can really make a difference if you have big ideas and strong motivation. I definitely recommend this agency.

Cons• Interns are only paid with bus clippers. It shouldn't be like that because San Francisco is a very expensive city. But you know, for interns it's almost everywhere like that now...

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on digital marketing and social integration. It's an evolution that shouldn't be missed!

Growing agency with great clients

ProsGreat group of multicultural and multidisciplinary people:
    One of the things I love about Bleu is the people I work with. You'll find a diverse crowd from all over the world. Their experience, positivism and enthusiasm create a good vibe within the company. Something I look for everyday.

Bleu is located in a great area:
    There are plenty of coffee shops, restaurants and great bars for happy hour.

Good client exposure:
    Because of the size of the company, your voice is always heard. You have the opportunity to make a difference in all the projects and get great client exposure.

Fortune 500 companies:
    Bleu's client list include big tech companies. Great opportunities to work with big brands.

Growing Agency:
    Although Bleu is a small agency, it is growing at a fast pace. It's a great opportunity for current employees who can move up in their careers and new employees who are looking to enter the field.

ConsMostly business to business work

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to focus on social media integration

Good clients, but poor management and work environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsThere are some decent clients that are interesting to work with. The location of the office is nice, right in the marina.

ConsThe leadership is poor which makes for a suppressed work environment. The pay is far below average, yet the hours you're expected to put in are long. The upper senior management is very difficult to work with.

Advice to Senior Management1) Adjust your salaries to pay people fairly
    2) Don't take advantage of foreigners
    3) Treat people (clients and staff) with respect and honesty

Career stopper - Avoid at all cost

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

Pros- Great place to learn when starting in interactive media. Offers good client exposure and access to various positions
    - Get to wear multiple hats and move from one department to the other

Cons- Extremely low pay compared to other agencies. Heavily rely on interns
    - Career stopper, no opportunities for growth
    - No mentoring
    - Awkward and unhealthy work atmosphere

Advice to Senior Management-

Okay. Stale work environment

Account Executive (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA (US)

ProsGood learning experience. Work with some large clients but more so of a facilitator

ConsReally small. Awkward office environment.

Worked for Bleu Marketing Solutions? Contribute to the Community!