Boom Marketing Reviews

Updated 19 March 2015
13 reviews filtered by
3.1
CEO

1. Perfect job for during university, flexible and allows you to choose your own schedule and pay.

Former Contractor - Brand Ambassador
    Former Contractor - Brand Ambassador

I worked at Boom Marketing as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, able to choose own hours and pay, variety of locations and assignments. Company is supportive, takes care of logistical details and is willing to train new employees.

Cons

Unreliable work - goes through slow seasons

2. Positively challenging

I have been working at Boom Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am given all the business tools and resources to succeed. The meeting atmosphere is intellectually stimulating, but also down to earth and fun. Everyone here works together to accomplish a common goal without the "dog eats dog" environment. A safe work environment is important. It's clear everyone who works here is passionate, not just for marketing, but in helping each other grow. I have learned more in the last year than I did in all my years collecting my degree. There is nothing boring about working here!

Cons

This isn't your 9-5pm job. The entrepreneur mindset that is being developed is naturally establishing a higher standard. The more I put in the more I get out. It's not easy, but it's the most rewarding place I have ever worked.

3. DO NOT FALL INTO THIS SCHEME

Current Employee - Sales Person in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales Person in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Boom Marketing part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

learned some sales techniques but not much else.

Cons

almost everything, they undermine education and say that there program is equivalent. very low respect of employees, will make you travel long distances and don't pay or gas, say here will be "commission" if we hit a target but never do and horrible schedule have no idea when you will be working

Advice to Management

don't sell a fake scheme be rel and show the real pros and cons

5. Love the company and the fun atmosphere!!

Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Fairfax, VA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Assistant in Fairfax, VA (US)

I have been working at Boom Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

BOOM Marketing only promotes WITHIN the company. It's a great incentive for someone who is willing to take the time to prove themselves. Event managers take home anywhere between 50 to 70k or more (salary).

Full-time positions!

Positions are entry-level, at an hourly rate with travel compensation, and was not explained any differently to me. The company is expanding (looking to triple in 2015), and it shows based on their new office spaces.

You get out what you put in! If you want to work for a company with great opportunity for growth, this one is it.

Cons

Must be great with people and comfortable on your feet.. Not necessarily cons, just musts!

Advice to Management

Second interviews consist of on-site involvement. This proves the company is very transparent. Great idea.

Waste of your life and time.

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Boom Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool people, everyone is young.
    Cool team environment.
    Makes you feel like you're doing something important.

Cons

8$ an hour VS Comission. Not $8 an hour plus commission. This means $8 an hour, don't let them convince you otherwise.
    There is no set schedule. They make it up when you get there at the 7:30 AM meeting everyday. There could be a 4 hour gap between the morning meeting and when you're scheduled to work and you will not know until you get there. This eliminates any possibility that you can work a second job. The only guarantee is that you will not work on Monday or Tuesday.
    They say they're going to teach you state of the art sales and marketing techniques but really what they teach you is to lie to the customer. Oh, and that 90% of people you will talk to will not want to buy what you are selling so the biggest part of the job is not getting discouraged that you are making $8 an hour.
    They bait you with the Assistant Manager title, claiming that you can make $40,000 to $50,000 a month after 6 months, but the only people working there have been there more than that and have not reached that position. In fact, nobody there had. They're all still making $8 an hour.
    They make you memorize pointless "systems" word for word that are meaningless and contradictory.

The list goes on.

I wish I had listened to the bad reviews on here and not the good ones before I devoted my time to this place.

Advice to Management

Change the commission system, and be up front with people about how much they're going to making. Also, make a schedule in advance so that people will know what they're working beforehand like a normal business. Also, stop giving people false hope because you're ruining lives.

Ehhhhh

I worked at Boom Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with.
    Learned indirect marketing

Cons

$8/Hour vs Commission
    7:30am meetings were cool but didn't tell you if you are schedule to work until the day of.
    Inconsistent. Manager can take you off the schedule for a week whenever they want even two weeks off.
    If you do not want to own your own business within the company, you are wasting space.
    Employees quit or get fired every week. New people all the time.
    Manager is leaving the business soon and has not warn most people in the company about what will happen.
    80% of the people that work here do not make it.
    Random products you promote and sell.
    They say that they aren't salespeople but they are.

Advice to Management

Be more inspiring as a manager.

8. Work with opportunity for growth and recognition

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Boom Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Plenty of hours and growth. No cap on performance incentives so I my paychecks have improved every week. Great team environment and training offered.

Cons

Plenty of hours and a learning curve.

Advice to Management

give me more, I can handle it! Advice to other posters: not everything is for everyone. Don't post negative stuff on here if you got fired for not being able to follow simple protocol. I've never seen anyone let go for any less since I've been here. Learn from it and move on. Advice to future team members: remember ANYONE can post ANYTHING online.

WORK WORK SLAVE AWAY

Former Employee - Team Manager in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Team Manager in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Boom Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel. But way outside of your gas budget.

Cons

Everything under the sun. Worked for them, got promoted, left because its a scam. DO NOT WORK FOR THEM. BAIT AND SWITCH

Advice to Management

BE HONEST

refuses to disclose information-bait and switch

Former Contractor - Marketing "manager: in San Diego, CA (US)
    Former Contractor - Marketing "manager: in San Diego, CA (US)

I worked at Boom Marketing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

none-don't waste your time on this scam!

Cons

Boom marketing spams craigslist with dozens of ads, then does a bait and switch with jobs. the company lures in people and wastes their time with minimum wage no skill jobs. The job consists of cold sales.

Advice to Management

Be honest because every single ad on craigslist will be flagged for removal

Fun, Exciting, Always something new.

Current Employee - Event Manager in San Diego, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Event Manager in San Diego, CA (US)

I have been working at Boom Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is very positive and the employees are all really hard working and are good at what they do! The teaching and training program is a great way to keep learning and growing and get you motivated and moving towards management. Great group of people and awesome work ethic.

Cons

We definitely work a lot more than the average company, but that was explained.

Advice to Management

I wish we all got to spend more time together as a team.