Burger King
www.burgerking.com Miami, FL 5000+ Employees

Burger King Reviews

Updated Apr 21, 2014

Daniel Schwartz

Pros:
  • "You get Free food some people are nice, and its a nice environment to work at"
    in 32 reviews
  • "Only fast paced during rush hour(Around the corner from a McDonald's)"
    in 20 reviews
Cons:
  • "no work-life balance, extreme amount of work due to lack of people"
    in 13 reviews
  • "Slaved you for 8 hours at minimum wage"
    in 20 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Good place to get your foot in the door.

I have been working at Burger King

ProsFlexible hours, level of autonomy, ability to move up in the company quickly, whether that's domestically or internationally.

ConsCommunication from corporate to the field teams is lacking, some of the franchisees can be difficult to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time working in the restaurant or the field employees before making decisions. Just because it sounds like a good idea doesn't mean that the restaurants can successfully execute it.

Overworked

I have been working at Burger King full-time for more than 3 years

ProsQuick promotions, flat organization, ability to work directly with high ranking (VPs, EVPs) individuals regardless of your position

Consno work-life balance, extreme amount of work due to lack of people

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more employees in some functions

Never Again

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Burger King part-time for less than a year

ProsThere were no pro at all.

ConsFood is only discounted for team members and it's fast food. It's not healthy. The management sucks. There may be one or two nice ones, but for the most part the ones I worked with were really mean and dictator-like. If you're a student, forget it. The fact that you want to make it in school is not enough of a reason for management.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees may know people in higher positions, like the owners. Don't treat employees like whatever because it can get back to those people.

Assistant manager

I worked at Burger King

ProsThe people and repeat customers made it fun. Decent pay if your a manager. And depending on crew members could be a fun experience.

ConsReverse racism from management. Friends of store manager doing whatever they want including giving out free food. People filing false claims to make a quick buck. I left because I was the only white person there and was being outcast for other people of a different nationalities.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to follow up on your stores and their people. Dont just trust the district managers utilize the regionals and also have the president tour these stores. And do it on the down low. Come in as a normal everyday average guy cause then you will see the true experience people are getting.

I Will Never Work in Food Again

Crew Member (Current Employee)
O Fallon, MO (US)

I have been working at Burger King full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome of my co-workers were fun and made a life-long friend. But other than that no pros.

ConsStupid customers, idiotic/drug addled co-workers, low pay, too much time wasted, poor treatment, schedule was ridiculous, sold expired food because management made us.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your employees better, drug testing, better screening tools.

Cookie cutter corporate model

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Burger King full-time for less than a year

ProsIts attempting to reinvent itself.

ConsSlow. Bureaucratic. If you are at the bottom you will feel like you are at the bottom. The work felt meaningless, routine, I never felt like I was contributing to something good, just that I was maintaining a massive machine. They let go of a tremendous amount of people to outsource, which debilitated morale. They attempted to drill in their 5 'inspiring' principles but were not necessarily acting in accordance.

lot's of work for min wage

Cashier (Current Employee)
Phila, PA (US)

I have been working at Burger King part-time for less than a year

Prosfree lunch, training is very good, taught me ethics, experience in food making, instilled values to treat customer right

Conswork is hard and must be at least 8.50 an hour. no people or communication skills affected, if gone on break: you do not get paid,

District Manager

Burger King-Company Business Manager (DM) (Current Employee)
Orlando, FL (US)

I have been working at Burger King full-time for less than a year

ProsThe best reason to work here if u love people and enjoy serving people

Consthere were weeks when i worked 7 days a week

Advice to Senior ManagementJust understand and do your job to the best of your ability

The workes and managers were rude and lazy

Team Member (Current Employee)
Richland, MS (US)

I have been working at Burger King full-time for less than a year

ProsEasy to get hired and good hours. Managers worked around my schedule. %50 discount

ConsSlaved you for 8 hours at minimum wage. Cleaning bathrooms, working registers, cleaning lobby, cleaning windows, fixing orders, taking orders... they hire you for one position but you end up doing them all in one.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your workers with a little more respect. you wouldnt have a store if it wasn't for the employees.

Former Employee

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Plattsburgh, NY (US)

I worked at Burger King full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGet learning experience. I did gain a lot of skills and had to rely on my own abilities to run the restaurant the best I could.

ConsThe pay for what you do at any level of this company is terrible. I felt bad paying my employees what they made a week and felt even worse about what I had for the amount of work and hours I put in.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth to get more solid applicants and do more for the people running your stores.

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Burger King reviews and ratings - including employee satisfaction and approval ratings for Burger King CEO Daniel Schwartz. All 509 reviews are posted anonymously by Burger King employees.