Burger King

www.burgerking.com

Burger King Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Daniel Schwartz

Pros
  • Get paid weekly, 50% discount on lunch and sometimes get to bring home free food(in 37 reviews)

• Only fast paced during rush hour(Around the corner from a McDonald's)(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • no work-life balance, extreme amount of work due to lack of people(in 14 reviews)

• Long hours, no offices, no sense of being a part of something bigger(in 23 reviews)

Great Mobilitiy to a point

Shift Manager (Former Employee) Laramie, WY (US)

ProsCan advance quickly at company, very structured

ConsAdvancing in the company takes extended periods of time when attempting to move above Shift Manager

Advice to Senior ManagementMore store based focus

ok job for high school.

Cashier (Former Employee) Portland, OR (US)

Proshigh school job. very easy work.

Consnot the best job, not the best pay but its fast food and I was in high school.

Great company to work for before 3G Capital purchased it. They eliminated folks who had devoted their lives to BKC

Franchise Business Leader (Current Employee) Miami, FL (US)

ProsIt was like a huge family. Everyone worked well together across all departments. We were there to support the franchisee from marketing to financials. The training department and the auditing department worked hand in hand to move the restaurants forward.

ConsNone until it was sold. Then it became the worst place. Cutting salaries, firing department after department. Then hiring folks with no operations knowledge or background to lead operators?

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider experience over college degree. Your franchisees are still frustrated that all the people you hire are clueless about operations.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

while I learned allot.....I made 6.42 per hour net

Manager (Former Employee) Dayton, OH (US)

ProsThe restaurant staff is great.... Everyone striving to move up a very steep hill with no end in sight.

ConsLow pay/ long hours...It does pay the bills if you are frugal, But If you have experience, do not work here....the pay is bottom in the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpeaking to upper management:

I have no advice as if you have not figured out your challenges yet....who am I to judge?.....Why would you listen now?...........lie in your bed.

The company does not appreciate the store workers

Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) Chaguanas (Trinidad and Tobago)

ProsYou meeting and interact with new guest everyday

ConsNo form of personal growth , HR only look after her own well being and does nothing for the employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep strong Managers, for these are the people that keep the staff. Everyone in BK Trinidad is fed up of the senior management

Experience that I would never forget

Cashier (Former Employee) Howard Beach, NY (US)

ProsGet paid weekly, 50% discount on lunch and sometimes get to bring home free food.

ConsThe manager that I worked with did not care about the fact that I lived in Brooklyn and worked in Queens and was leaving work at 2:30 in the morning and had to be at school by 9.

Burger King

Crew Trainer (Current Employee)

ProsSome of the managers worked really hard to provide a good work atmosphere while maintaining customer relations

ConsSome managers and employees did not care and simply put in their time for a pay check. While this is "only fast food" I wish more would take pride in what they do and not spend their time on their phones and socializing.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe district manager and VP level of management need to value their employees more and create more acceptable work conditions

can be good company if you have no life apart from work

Prosok pay could be bit more

Conslong hours poor pay for the hours you work

Advice to Senior Managementtalk to employees

Very good

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Phila, PA (US)

ProsThe respect from my former workers

ConsSome mangers don't know what to do

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive for excellence

Chef

Chef (Current Employee) Phila, PA (US)

ProsMeat is wonderful and tasty and delectable.

ConsFries suck because of all the fried fat

Advice to Senior ManagementCook the meat all the way through

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!