Burger King

www.burgerking.com

Burger King Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014

Daniel Schwartz

Pros
  • Get paid weekly, 50% discount on lunch and sometimes get to bring home free food (in 37 reviews)

• Opportunity to gain great experience in a fast paced environment (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • no work-life balance, extreme amount of work due to lack of people (in 14 reviews)

• Long hours, no offices, no sense of being a part of something bigger (in 24 reviews)

More Highlights

Very cheap company. High turnover rate. Not good experience for you beginners out there.

Team Crew Member (Current Employee) Hesperia, CA (US)

ProsIf your store is busy or you're scheduled specifically for rush hours, your hours will seem much shorter.

ConsVery stressed GM's usually. This is a high stress job if your place is busy almost all the time. Not worth the pay. Plus, since

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease teach managers how to handle stressful rush hours. Also, I think it would be wise to have 1 or 2 more people in the kitchen.

Fast food is a very stressful environment to work for!

Cashier (Former Employee)

ProsManagers are very laid back. If you are hard worker, this job is for you! Given a lot of hours! Last resort job. Can get free food

ConsThe pay is minimum wage and daly interaction with rude customers, especially in drive-thru. Management is alright but it can be better like giving raises for people who have been working there for a long time or doing a good job. People have been working in my BK have like 7-10 years and NO RAISE! NOT EVEN A PENNY! The GM looks like she only cares for employees when the restaurant is understaffed which happens a lot because new employees (especially the young adults) cant stand the pressure for $8.25 (Illinois minimum wage)! At least the employees who stay get more hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake refunds and food spoils a little laid back. At least a little higher pay like .50 to .75 more because of all the stress employees go for

Worked teenage years

Team Leader (Former Employee) Blythe, CA (US)

ProsFood is good! People I worked with nice and friendly! Fast paced and a good company!

ConsNo perks! Pay sucks! Some customers are very rude!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have been there for 3 Years, in October, It's O.K. But can be better.

Porter (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA (US)

ProsBurger King , Have very nice Employers, And staff, Well to get along with workers.

ConsWe need more pay, and hours of work, And we need benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need more meetings to discuss, our concerns.

The Franchise wheel is broke. Corporate should look beyond the smiles/smoke

Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) Columbus, OH (US)

ProsExcellent brand name and products.

ConsLack accountability and follow-up with training on the franchise side. Thus, high turnovers in hourly/management. The consumer receives luke warm if lucky product and service.

At burger king I got an opportunity to meet some very intriguing individuals, who have taught me how to be prepared.

Cashier (Current Employee) Port Allen, LA (US)

ProsYou will learn great customer service skills. You will encounter all sorts of people from across the country. Also you have the opportunity to get insurance if you don't have any. The team members are very nice and encouraging. You can receive promotions by completing your guru and also by moving up in each level.

Consthe only con would be the amount of hours given.

Advice to Senior ManagementI believe that if someone is willing to work hard, then they should be recommended by staff to receive more hours if needed.

it was fun and enjoyable

Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) Fayetteville, AR (US)

Prosyou get to meet a lot of people

Consthe hours were long and didn't give much time with the family

Advice to Senior Managementtry to get more people hired

Cleaning Up, and Helping Out.

Crew Member- Crew Leader- Shift Manager (Former Employee) Menominee, MI (US)

ProsYou got hours, they tried/did work around your schedule, new people, very social, learned to control stress, and nice company representatives.

ConsLots of stress, not enough labor, some very mean customers, and building maintenance help from company..

Advice to Senior ManagementDo your best, keep up with job requirements, keep employees fast, and make sure they do their daily jobs before leaving.

Coworkers are the best part. Senior management needs a rework

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Sterling Heights, MI (US)

ProsFree food, Somewhat pick your hours.

ConsIts fast food. Management thinks they are gods and does not need to actually move from their office

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example

hard days in my life

Crew Member (Former Employee) Auckland (New Zealand)

ProsGood place to learn about fast food industry, customer service and restuarent managment if you wish the career in food service.

Consneed to work double times the pay they give you, not provided proper training for the employees. No one follow the rules untill & unless some sort of inspection goes on.

Advice to Senior Managementplease make sure proper traning is give to managers/shift managers because if crew ask any doubts they stand with blank faces in most of times. good pay makes employees work better and deliver the services better not asking for high pay but atleast pay for the work done and satisfy the employees.

Worked for Burger King? Contribute to the Community!