CBRE

CBRE Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

CBRE President & CEO Robert E. Sulentic

Robert E. Sulentic

Pros
  • There is no work-life balance and they always try to low-ball when you get hired(in 24 reviews)

• Best in business for commercial real estate(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance not always honored due to competitiveness within the company(in 14 reviews)

• May just focus on upper management development rather than the lower ranks(in 18 reviews)

Yeah But Nah.

Facilities Specialist (Former Employee) Melbourne

ProsLearning the importance of having strong policies & procedures.

ConsToo many policies & procedures! It took forever to get any project etc up and running, let alone completed!

Advice to Senior ManagementToo many 'managers' & not enough Indians.

Best place in the industry, salary is average but work life balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat place to work, friendly and professional staff with the best people from the industry, lots of great projects

Conssalary is average and lower than IB and Financial Services, taking into consideration that staff here is very prepared and with great backgrounds

Advice to Senior Managementkeep on doing what you do, the team work in the company is great, very nice place to work, but try to get higher fees and higher compensations

Great company

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Toronto, ON (Canada)

ProsThe people and the compensation. It's a great place to work and constantly drive yourself to be better. Couldn't be happier.

ConsIt's a 100% commission job, so the pay is inconsistent and challenging. Leadership can be challenging but given the nature of the business, it's a normal part of the environment.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Working at CBRE

Real Estate Event Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat place to work if you are focused on customer service.

ConsTakes longer than it should to promote.

Several Years Under My Belt

Prosstable, growing company; competitive firm

ConsI don't have any cons for this company

Advice to Senior Managementthink about allowing more telecommute or other work/life balance options, and having more transparency regarding salary ranges, etc.

Great company to learn

ProsGreat people to work with and learn from. The office I worked in gave employees opportunities to grow.

ConsOnce you have hit a certain level you must move on. They look to other client offices for the better opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn order for the employees around you to grow you need to nourish them.

`Director of project management

Director (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA (US)

ProsHigh caliber professionals work there. Good benefits. Nice offices. Highly engaged staff. Stable. #1 in their industry in most markets. Highly respected by others. Good long-term planning. Some opportunities for growth and advancement. Fun.

Conssalaries are not the highest. politics interfere with strategy and operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time on developing the staff.

fruitful expeirence and learnt to deal with challenging situations at CBRE!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIts one of the best firms in construction industry in India

Conslate working hours hampers the work life balance

CBRE

ProsThe company does care about it's employees and has nice benefit progrms.

ConsThe biggest draw back is the low pay. They make up for it in other ways such as moral events.

CBRE was an outstanding company to work for.

Project Manager (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

ProsExtremely professional company to work for. My "boss" was an excellent mentor. Benefits were outstanding - and i was provided the opportunity to make my own schedule.

ConsA lot of process - but this comes with any big company. The smart employees learn to work the system.

Worked for CBRE? Contribute to the Community!