CGI

1,509 Reviews
1,509 Reviews

CGI President, CEO, and Director Mike Roach
Mike Roach

Pros
  • work-life balance is good; work can be challenging; good people; stock match is good (in 146 reviews)

• I get to work from home without burdensome managers' administrative requirements (in 106 reviews)

Cons
  • Work starts only at Canada time that is by evening IST so hampers work life balance (in 44 reviews)

• Less/zero trainings and very few opportunities for career growth (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights

CGI provides numerous opportunities to its employees to grow within the company

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at CGI full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Career growth, work from home, fair performance evaluation

Cons

Weak HR support, Ratios are too stringent

Ring the Bell

Current Employee - Director Consulting in Sydney
    Current Employee - Director Consulting in Sydney

I have been working at CGI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Just received an email that we have one a 45k New Deal. Ring the Bell. That is a great new deal.

Cons

45k Deal will help fund the shoe shine account of the CEO for at least 4 months. This company is on its way to the top. But very slowly. Ring the Bell

Keep winning 45k deals!

i cannot lie. i have nothing good to say

I have been working at CGI

Pros

cant get any worse that the rock bottom its already hit. up is the only way to go. good luck!

Cons

has plenty to improve on. employs contractors who are all talk and management is so gullible that they believe the smoke and mirrors.

come down from the clouds

Disheartened Logica employee

I have been working at CGI

Pros

the job that i have helps me pay the bills and allows me to work from home if required

Cons

since being bought out by CGI and with the constant reorganisations that have taken place I have no career path and if this is raised with management get told a lot of words but that is all - each time there is a reorg the managers talk the talk but dont walk the walk - no training to try and find a different role within the company

stop reorganising just listen to the staff

Short

Former Employee - Consultant
    Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at CGI full-time (more than a year)

Pros

New experiences, HQ of work

Cons

No longtime future, felt like your alone

Was expecting plenty of project work from impression from interview but found to be false promise

I have been working at CGI

Pros

Salary rate good above average

Cons

No project work, no collaboration, people working in silos and not working in a team effort.

Better communication needed. Management although told about the bad atmosphere in the office refuse to accept and believe nothing is wrong.

Losing Touch

Current Employee - Consultant in Melbourne
    Current Employee - Consultant in Melbourne

I have been working at CGI full-time

Pros

CGI had been a great company prior to the Logica acquisition in Australia. There was a strong people oriented culture and emphasis on delivering quality result for the customer. This was supported by the management who had a vision about what consulting is, understood the importance of people and delivery quality.

There was a career path, coaching and feedbacks all the way to help you build up experience and achieve your aspirations.

Cons

Since the Logica acquisition, the CGI vision is lost, the CGI's Australian management has been replaced with Logica managers, the emphasis is now on utilisation and milking the customer, it is focused on the quick wins and short term gains.

If you are person who can take initiatives, strives on quality and customer satisfaction then you won't enjoy working at CGI, because you won't be treated as a member of the team, instead you're just a body, there is no reward or recognition for your effort, rather it is because CGI is a "great" company

Bigger doesn't always mean better, it's one thing to say we want to be a market leader in 5 years, unless there is a vision, a strategy and the passion that can inspire people, they are only words.

We had a dream... which unfortunately has been killed...

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

I worked at CGI full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

People are, or at least were the absolute best thing about the company. For a great many people ("members"), it was never just a job - it genuinely was a way of life...

The passion and commitment that people would give to the company was genuinely off the scale... CGI got people engaged and really working together as a team, and as a result, what we delivered to clients and shareholders were great results...

Cons

... and unfortunately its systematically been taken apart day-by-day with the acquisition of Logica.

At least in Australia, as one earlier reviewer it really is "CGI, now part of Logica".

The CGI culture - that made it such a great place to work - has been replaced 100% by the Logica culture of micro-managing results, no vision, little leadership, no communication and a stay-billable-or-you're-out culture.

Try to understand that this is not a technology / numbers business - its a people business.

When you manage the company by constant fear of redundancy, back room secret meetings and a culture that doesnt value the genuine passion and commitment that people show you're never going to get the best out of them...

Its a genuinely scary thing that after the last round of redundancies, its the people who DID NOT get laid off that are the unhappy ones...

Lost!

Current Employee - Director Consulting Services in North Sydney
    Current Employee - Director Consulting Services in North Sydney

I have been working at CGI full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Global company with excellent share plan

Cons

Australian management, including the Asia Pacific President are lost and think that to save the company you should restructure every 6 months, without any thought to how the business is actually operating and where the problems really are. Today, CGI's management think that putting the word "Metro" in front of everything is the key to saving the business in Australia. Thanks Mr President for that one! The Australian Managing Director clearly isn't capable of providing any form of leadership, but he does have his own office in each state... he is just that important!! Employees are told to stop complaining, once they do that, they'll be happy. Do not expect HR to help you, unless you own shares in tissue companies.

The most important people in the company are the employees, listen to them and stop firing anyone that provides an opinion that you don't like. It's time you learnt what management is really about...

Welcome to the Age of Logica

Current Employee - Architect in North Sydney
    Current Employee - Architect in North Sydney

I have been working at CGI full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

A real "pro" for me is that since I worked for Logica Australia before CGI took us over I feel my job is actually safer than those of Heritage CGI staff. Based on the reviews on here & the head count around the office I would say approx 80% of CGI are no longer here. There has been no culture change, no work environment change, I have honestly not noticed any changes in the past year except for those done to the org charts.

Cons

Unfortunately the same old Logica Management remained after the take over, I was secretly hoping for CGI managers to take charge and actually lead the business but this did not happen. What I have learnt from talking with heritage CGI staff the CGI way of doing things was more team orientated, client & people focused. That has never been the case at Logica.

Take a long hard look at yourself, think about what is best for CGI Australia not yourself. Collaborate with your senior managers and take on ideas and feedback.