CMG Partners
www.cmgpartners.com Durham, NC 16 to 50 Employees

CMG Partners Reviews

Rich Beatty and Russ Lange

From the first phone call, I knew I wanted to be a part of the team.

Contract Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at CMG Partners as a contractor

ProsEvery team member is created equal at CMGP. Whether you're full-time or a contractor, early in your career or a tenured marketer, or new to consulting or a seasoned consultant, everyone is welcoming, approachable and wants to help the firm and it's team whenever possible. There is a clear focus on their employees from top to bottom as well as their growth in mentoring and development. If you're hungry for more or new opportunities, the team will help in any way to get you there. Within my first week, I had an invite for 1:1 check-in sessions that were initially used to be sure my transition and project were off to a good start and have evolved into advice about growth within the role and my future.

ConsSince the culture is so contagious and the team is full of good people and smart marketers with varying backgrounds, you want to get to know as many of them as possible. This can be hard being spread across large client organizations and living in multiple locations. CMGP makes a regular effort to get the client teams together to discuss projects to enable real-time collaboration and give you a sense on who's working on what and how to best use CMGP resources on your own projects. They also try to get the team together socially for happy hours, etc. to help keep a CMGP-specific culture outside of client work.

Tremendous learning opportunity and terrific place for personal growth

Director (Former Employee)
Durham, NC (US)

I worked at CMG Partners full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDiverse group of clients across a variety of industries. Talented, intelligent people to collaborate with and learn from. Opportunity for personal and professional growth. CMG Partners as a firm is truly committed to its employees and makes every effort to provide growth opportunities to those who seek the challenge and perform at a high level.

At all levels of the organization you will be tasked with meaningful work that will directly impact the success of your clients, the firm and yourself. In my over 5 years working at CMG Partners, I received exposure to business issues and marketing challenges that I would not have received at other places. This exposure provided me with invaluable experiences and knowledge to build my career. When an opportunity arose for me to take a major step in my career and move into a senior leadership position out of consulting and back into industry, not only did I go with the Partner's blessing, but with support of the CMG family. That is the type of organization they are and more importantly the type of people that make up the organization.

ConsThe consulting life is not for everyone. While the partners do a good job of providing work/life balance, being in the thought business and meeting client's demands requires high levels of dedication and commitment to the firm and its clients.

Helping clients, and employees, achieve growth.

Senior Associate (Current Employee)
Philadelphia, PA (US)

I have been working at CMG Partners full-time for more than a year

ProsWorking at CMG Partners has allowed me to broaden and deepen my experience exponentially. Through collaborative projects with other high-caliber consultants, for both clients and the firm alike, I have grown into a passionate strategic marketing consultant. In the last two years, I have been exposed to so many new and exciting opportunities, and I have been given complete control over my career. Through project and firm work, I have been able to target my true passion and begin working on my professional development - regardless of where it takes me. Our team is wildly diverse, but incredibly close-knit. We are consummate marketing professionals who know how to play hard and have fun.

ConsCulture is important in every business, and it is especially critical for a small business. Our small, but growing, team is currently spread out along the eastern seaboard, and we don't always have the pleasure of being able to work with each other.

Worked for CMG Partners? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CMG Partners reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CMG Partners CEO Rich Beatty and Russ Lange. All reviews posted anonymously by CMG Partners employees.