CVS Health Reviews

3,089 Reviews

CVS Health President and CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo
1,124 Ratings

Pros
  • Flexible work arrangements make for a manageable work / life balance (in 41 reviews)

• Good pay and flexible hours in the beginning until corporate has their say (in 102 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management never once gave any indication that they cared about their employees (in 157 reviews)

• The main one is there is absolutely no work/life balance whatsoever (in 54 reviews)

More Highlights

Fantastic Experience working in a Fast paced, strategic replenishment company

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  North Andover, MA (US)
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in North Andover, MA (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working in a 24 hour store there is greater flexibility with scheduling the staff as well as personal needs when needed. Tasks are done on specific days and you can be more efficient if you incorporate the overnight staff into the tasks that are normally done during the day. I have to say I love my job in my current 24 hour store.

Cons

If your going for store management you will bounce around. Once you find a store that works for you for location, hours, and team you may just be moving again until you get your own store. Average length in one store is 8 months to a year. Also the pay for management is not as good as some other retailers. There is a pay cut for your training period and most likely you are already took one to come here if your are already in management somewhere. The work load can be a shocker as well even if you are expecting it and are used to something similar.
    Management training is not great for work life. Training in a store and helping out other stores would be much more beneficial than actually transferring to other stores. It doesn't take long for a manager to learn tasks and usually you just need to go through the experience in order to learn. It's tough to constantly adapt to new store managers with different guidelines of schedules when you have young ones at home no matter how flexible you are.

Medical benefits for a family are not very good. Everything is out of pocket and you can't even use the minuteclinic. This needs to be more affordable for a family. Kids HAVE to go to the doctor and we have to work. It's much more convenient to go to the minuteclinic for small things like strep and ear infections. Also as a manager we need to revisit how we do our hiring. The recruiters are working 3 clients per store whether or not that client is responding or not.. Basically you could waste 2 weeks on a client that is not even interested in the job before we move on to someone who does. Our stores need 1-3 people when we are hiring and at this rate is take 3-6 months to hire one person. When you have an immediate need this is way too long. Management Trainees or assistant managers should be on a bench in a couple districts. Once your hired your in one district but many stores are in need of management and it would be nice to be able to get closer to home rather than farther and farther away in most cases. Assistants should be trained by the best store managers and meetings offsite once a month with multiple district managers. I have noticed the DM's are very different and it's hard to switch from one district to another.

Rewarding career

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

I enjoyed working with the patients. Friendly atmosphere.

Cons

A little too busy at times

Need to manage time more widely

Not Bad

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

Flexible hours, the management was good.

Cons

There aren't really any, honestly.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Shift Supervisor

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B  in  Fresno, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor B in Fresno, CA (US)

I have been working at CVS Health part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The employees at this store are really easy to get along with and work with. The company is really flexible with school schedules and time off requests.

Cons

It is incredibly hard to get promoted with this company. Most will start as a cashier and leave as a cashier. Most stores are open 365 days/year so working holidays is mandatory unless you get lucky.

At the store level, management is great. But once corporate steps in, it can be very stressful. Store managers go through a lot and aren't compensated enough for their time and stress.

Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

Not enough hours to,complete task short,staff

Cons

Staffing needs to be better

Care about employees

It was a great part time job.

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

Gain communication skills, you get great discounts from the store.

Cons

Hours are all over the place

Opportunity to meet many different people

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor A
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor A

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working for CVS is great because you get to meet lots of different people.

Cons

Being respected by store managers is not something that is easy to do

Treat your management team with respect and have confidence in the team that you have built

Cashier Clerk, another stepping stone in life

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Salinas, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Cashier in Salinas, CA (US)

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good hours if your work for it and the people you work with can be some of the best. The job can be really easy when it's slow of course. The location I worked at did try to compensate for my life schedule.

Cons

It's low pay for the amount of work they ask of you, even if it's not in your job description or someone else s responsibility. Very hard to move up unless you have a complete open availability and no other ties with anyone.

higher pay for the work being done would be beneficial. There is a lot of multitasking for just being a cashier, and paying us like were nothing lets the company know who they really "Care" about.

Fine for part-time college job

Former Employee - Photo Lab Technician  in  Commack, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Photo Lab Technician in Commack, NY (US)

I worked at CVS Health part-time for more than a year

Pros

Clean work environment, expectations known,

Cons

When I was there it took 6 months for my raise to come through. I had to come back after I quit and work a few hours to be able to retro-activate my raise. However I believe it was my manager's laziness at my particular store. I also had little training for photo and was self taught the ins-and outs.

I have been working at CVS Health

Pros

CVS Health is committed to increasing access, lowering costs and improving the quality of care. We are shaping the future of health.

Cons

Worked for CVS Health? Contribute to the Community!