Cablevision Systems

www.cablevision.com

Cablevision Systems Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Cablevision Systems President, CEO, and Director; Chairman, Madison Square Garden; and Governor, New York Knicks James L. Dolan

James L. Dolan

Pros
  • Free TV, Internet and phone services(in 25 reviews)

• Great Benefits, If you earn less than 50K your health insurance is Free(in 54 reviews)

Cons
  • The reps at my call center are what I would consider as a consumer, to be pretty professional(in 18 reviews)

• A lot of customer service calls and mid level managers are very negative(in 13 reviews)

I learned a lot of information on sales and telecommunications at Cablevision Systems.

Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) Bethpage, NY (US)

ProsFast paced environment with a lot of support to help you achieve your sale goals.

ConsThe commission structure did not compensate well for the sales achieved by employers.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommission structures should be a little more flexible in late night hours since sales calls cant be made after 9pm.

Awesome mix of people.

Customer Service Representative Perm (Former Employee) Melville, NY (US)

ProsPaid Insurance, Holiday bonus, and free cable for the price of equipment. Great variety of people to work with. Outdoor summer bbq in the parking lot and always a fun winter party. Many people were able to move up to non phone positions and start careers.

ConsRepetitive call after call, micromanagement, (typical call center). I did find it odd that they were so worried about being unionized that we had group meetings about it one time, and another time after a major change with the company we were told not to comment online and even anonymous comments by employees would be found out. (never actually heard of anything happening beyond the threat.) Other then that nothing too bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure employees are compensated fairly, as Long Island is a very expensive place to live, keep up with the good employee benefits, and don't let online complaints, whether by employees or clients serve as detractor. Use social media as a tool to turn customers around and also add more jobs.

Great company to work for!!!

TSG Level II Representative (Current Employee) Shelton, CT (US)

ProsGreat benefits..open door policy...upper management encourage employees to be proactive employees instead of reactive

ConsNone so far...just got hired still in training

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue what you doing

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cablevision treats all of their employees like family. My 17 years with the company was a great experience.

Vice President (Former Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsGreat career potential. Your voice and idea's are heard. Great benefits and 401K.

ConsThere is nothing I would change.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Management was fair, but supervisors were miserable people.

Field Service Technician (Former Employee) Hicksville, NY (US)

ProsFree cable and decent benefits. 4 month training program for new field techs. Great gear and uniforms. Free employee gym and movie theater. Great work schedule 4 10 hour days and 3 days off.

ConsDifficult supervisors. Terrible pay, but it has gibe up since '06-'07. Rough customers at times. Long days and rough of knees and joints. Correcting customer service mistakes. Its sad it took Brooklyn to get a union in there and Dolan wanted it out. He promised techs more money and better equipment if they ditched the union. He fired all the managers. It took that shake up to make rich boy Dolan pay more to his techs that make him rich. High job burnout. Poor personal days only 3 and only 5 sick days for the WHOLE year.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to your techs. They are your eyes and ears. Even out the workloads better. Give more paid personal days and sick days for better work/life balance.

A la carte experience with lots of flexibility.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExcellent benefits include comprehensive healthcare, cable TV reimbursement, retirement plan, continuing ed, recreational perks, overtime, and a host of other outings and activities.

ConsLousy working hours, high pressure news environment, highly politicized hierarchy, relatively lower salary compared to the competition, no days off during holidays, and not so generous time off.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe hours are already pretty long, so give your employees more time to enjoy with their families.

Good opportunities but,,,,,

Many (Former Employee) Long Island City, NY (US)

ProsMany departments, positions and opportunities. Good benifits. Observing many managements, good and bad, taught me great skills.

ConsAs in anywhere, can be some clicks. Sometimes truth is not forthwith and trust in upper management can be questioned. A committed and dedicated employee can sometimes be overlooked due to poor upper management. This is one of the best skills learned to make myself a better leader in noticing, more productive and committed employees due to good work ethics

Advice to Senior ManagementMany may be promoted because of work relations not for skill and commitment. Many times a committed employee is overseen and not given an equal opportunity as may have been given to others. Open door policy is not always advised. Take notice to commitment.

Good Company

Supervisor (Former Employee) Ramapo, NY (US)

ProsYou are well taken care of, good benefits, a lot of opportunities to advance, pay matrix is good

ConsCustomer satisfaction is important, but there is a limit to everything, you push to hard and someone or something will push back.

Advice to Senior ManagementExecutive management needs to visit the front line employees more often and learn from them the problems they face. There is a lot happening that you never hear about, because Senior Management blocks it from you, but never fixes it.

Great company, just don't stick around too long

Technical Support Representative Tier II (Current Employee) Jericho, NY (US)

ProsGreat work place, fortune 500 company great thing to have your resume. Great place to learn and a lot of free cable cheap gym game room

Consa lot of politics and very bias, not everyone receives a fair chance to progress in this company. Management is selfish and process in this place are not very worker friendly

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to your employees and do not believe the smoke screen management feeds you.

Good job, flexible schedule

Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) New York, NY (US)

ProsCablevision has many locations. They are not accessible to public, but there are offices EVERYWHERE in 3 state area.

ConsToll roads can add up.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good job!

Worked for Cablevision Systems? Contribute to the Community!